The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Patrick Page Coins through Table. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Trivellino
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Trivellino
I have recently purchased the great new book on Patrick page, I must say its a fantastic book and a great investment.

With regards Mr Page's Coins through table, I know its covered in the book, but can anybody tell me if the teaching is available on DVD? I remember watching it on video a few years ago at HCMS, but have never seen it released on DVD.

It would be great if Mr Pages family would make his Video on coin magic available again on DVD.

Thank you.
Trin
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Trin
I think it was the Trick a tape videos, but not sue which one. Also I am not sure if it was ever released on the L&L DVD'S, I am sure that some of the more knowledgeable workers on here can point you in the right direction.
mechanic
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of mechanic
Hi,

It's on Trik-a-Tape No.1,Patrick Pages Coin Magic.

Regards

David
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8758 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Pat performs and teaches his coins through table on the DVD, Weekend at the 4F w/ Obie O'Brien, VOL. 1
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2232 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Pat did release his coins thru table on tape - albeit during the late 1980's when he was in partnership with Vic Pinto at Trik A Tape.

The four routines on the tape are his Purse Frame Routine, Coins Thru Table, Coin/ring/silk (titled The Complete Coin Miracle within the new Pat Page book) and finally, a production of four coins into a spectators palm.

Nowadays, I never see the tape for sale, nor see it's content mentioned.

However, possibly the good news is this. I'm sure that I've got the tape stored away in my loft - we moved home last Feb so not every packing case has been opened. I've spoken to Janette Page about this tape; and another quite rare one of Pat's covering four of his classic routines. if I can find them (and it certainly won't be through lack of trying!) then I'll be sending them off to Pat's family.

So watch this space fella - they could be available soon! Smile

Just to add that after years of performing coins thru table using different methods, gaffs, etc. I inevitably find myself going back to Pat's routine; having initially learnt it in 1981 when I saw Pat dem it at his dealer stand and bought the audio tape for a fiver. Since then, it's served me well - and is possibly the most adaptable version in existence. You can do it standing, walk around, through a glass top table and even on a tray held by a spectator.

I've recommended it to a lot of people here on the Café but until 'Magic Page by Page' was released, I think it was only covered in depth by Pat - firstly via an AUDIO tape and sheet of photos - this was released in 1980 as part of a series titled 'The Sound of Magic'; and thereafter via the aforementioned video. The only other time Pat touched on it was via his booklet about misdirection - but that was just an added idea for the HPC move.

Coupled with The Purse Frame Routine as an opener, they are, in my honest opinion, THE two most commercial, work anywhere/anytime pieces of coin magic that I've ever used.
Barry Allen

Mercedes-Benz W123 Series.........undoubtedly, Stuttgart's finest ever hour.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8758 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Merc Man, thanks for sharing your history on this.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Patrick Page Coins through Table. (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.106547 seconds, requiring 22 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [3] [0] [5] [9] [8] [8] [6] [3]