The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » False shuffle for a group of 10-15 cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
638 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
Hi, I'm trying to find a false shuffle for a small pack of cards. I don't need the explanation, just the source Smile

thanks!!
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
A very convincing small packet false shuffle is the Charlier Shuffle. It can be found in both "Royal Road to Card Magic" and "Expert Card Technique". Both books are classic texts and you will find a wealth of knowledge in each.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
RoyalRoad72
View Profile
New user
Wakefield, England
52 Posts

Profile of RoyalRoad72
Jog shuffle from just about any card magic book on the market.
marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
638 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
Thanks RoyalRoad72, I use the jog for the full deck, not sure how it would look for a small pack.
Thanks Steven, I out of town now, but I have a copy of the Expert I could check when I get home!!
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I'd be inclined to use cuts rather than shuffles. Lorayne's "The Magic Book" had some sweet ones.
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
862 Posts

Profile of magico
Sent you a PM
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
In fact, Woody Aragon describes a false shuffle of this nature in his new book "a book in English."

If you would like, I could look up the name of said shuffle.

Let me know.
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
Slop shuffle followed by a cut is the way to go for such a small packet of cards. Can't remember what source I learned from but you can PM me if your interested in an explanation. It's actually quite easy.
Matthew Olsen

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
I agree with Steven Keyl. The Charlier Shuffle is the way to go.
The apparent lack of control makes the shuffle very disarming.

Best,

Dorian Rhodell
WillStagner
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of WillStagner
Overhand shuffle but run off single cards. Perform it an even number of times and it's a false shuffle.
You can do it without having to think about anything and it's the most natural shuffle around (in the US at least).
geoff1973
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of geoff1973
Charlier Shuffle is best I think. or Ireland Shuffle. G
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
There is a great shufle in Stunners which, although it does not quite meet your description(9 cards), could be adapted for more with a little thought.
FARO FUNDAMENTALS, DETAILS OF DECEPTION and THE DEVIL'S STAIRCASE at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
Jonathan100
View Profile
Loyal user
292 Posts

Profile of Jonathan100
The Charlier Shuffle is a cut although it looks like a shuffle and is named a shuffle! It actually cuts the deck and does not answer the criteria of a complete false shuffle where the order of every card is retained. Of course if you can cut enough times so at the final cut the original top card returns to the top then it would be a complete false shuffle. Charlier shuffle works great for cyclical stacks.

Yours,

Jonathan
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3511 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On 2012-05-20 08:10, Jonathan100 wrote:
The Charlier Shuffle is a cut although it looks like a shuffle and is named a shuffle! It actually cuts the deck and does not answer the criteria of a complete false shuffle where the order of every card is retained. Of course if you can cut enough times so at the final cut the original top card returns to the top then it would be a complete false shuffle. Charlier shuffle works great for cyclical stacks.

Yours,

Jonathan

To make the last cut, a simple c***p or s****t would put you where you need.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » False shuffle for a group of 10-15 cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL