We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » John Blake RIP (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Craig Dickson
View Profile
S.A.M. forum Staff
Pleasant Valley, NY
351 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
John Blake passed away this morning after a 3 week stay in ICU in the hospital. He was a close firend, and always fun to be with, laugh with, and share stories. Our friendship spans some 40 years. Joanne and I will miss him greatly, and our hearts and thoughts are with Marie, his long time companion and partner. John and Marie run Eastcoast Magic in State College PA, and he was the mover and shaker there and responsible for forming the Bob Elliot Magic Ring 352, and a Penn State Magic Club. A past partner of the Tannen's Magic shop empire, John Blake was currently the owner of East Coast Magic, started off in magic in 1972. He first started working as a stock boy at Lou Tannen’s Magic Shop in New York City. John worked his way up to becoming a demonstrator and then moved on to head demonstrator. He later became the manager and finally became an owner. John left Tannen’s in order to have the opportunity to be able to perform, teach and consult more. His most memorable years there were when he was a student of Slydini and Frank Garcia. John was also fortunate enough to be helped by many other well known magicians of the time. John had started East Coast Magic on June 1, 2002 but still continued to perform, teach and consult. John was a creator, manufacturer, lecturer, performer, and great friend to Magic. No details are available yet. Another great loss to us all. Goodbye my friend, I will miss you, and as you have always said, we will meet again soon in that big Thumb Tip in the sky.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
6882 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
It was a shock to learn of John's illness. I had not heard from him in some time.

Rest in Peace.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
19965 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
What a life in the world of magic! He will be missed.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@MagicBySander.com

http://www.magicbysander.com/
Craig Dickson
View Profile
S.A.M. forum Staff
Pleasant Valley, NY
351 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
Obit from Funeral Home.

John A. Pennino, 59, of Bellefonte, died Monday, March 5, 2012 at Mount Nittany Medical Center.
Born November 30, 1952 in Manhattan, NY, he was a son of the late Salvatore and Josephine (Berlingeri) Pennino.
John was a great magician, working under the name of John Blake. He worked with many magicians including David Copperfield.
Friends will be received from 1 pm until the time of service at 2 pm, Friday, March 9, 2012 at Mark D. Heintzelman Funeral and Cremation Services, 1034 Benner Pike, State College.
rghale
View Profile
New user
Robert Hale
29 Posts

Profile of rghale
I remember John demonstrating at Tannens. In addition to being skilled he was always friendly and patient with everyone.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2208 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Never met Mr. Blake, but didn't Hocus-Pocus carry a lot of his items? Don't see many there now, but he sure seemed prolific. Shame that he passed at such a young age.
Discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want most.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » John Blake RIP (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.070975 seconds, requiring 30 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [3] [8] [7] [2] [1] [3] [0] [2]