The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Fake Tarot and Palm Readers - Interesting worldwide (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..14~15~16 [Next]
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On 2012-03-08 00:57, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
When people act unkind towards each other, insult those they don't know, and belittle what the don't understand or agree with, no I don't have to accept it. I have to recognize it for what it is, but never accept it.

What I can say is that I don't exploit or take advantage of anyone in what I do. Those who say otherwise are ignorant of my work.

By saying what I'm saying here, I am standing up for myself and others who do similar work. People can believe and say what they will, that Is their right, but their rights end where the next person's begin. Also, my post is not here to bring self promotion to myself, make headlines, or rekindle a failed career. Something to think about when you read articles like the one mentioned above.

Nor did I start this thread, trying to cause trouble yet again in this forum. I just replied stating my opinion of what was offered here, and stood up for myself in the process.

I am a palm and tarot reader, and I have nothing to be ashamed of or hide.

Tony Iacoviello

100% with Tony on this...

by the way, I know of a doctor who slept with a couple of his patients... so therefore all doctors do exactly the same...
I've asked to be banned
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Quote:
When people act unkind towards each other, insult those they don't know, and belittle what the don't understand or agree with, no I don't have to accept it. I have to recognize it for what it is, but never accept it.

What I can say is that I don't exploit or take advantage of anyone in what I do. Those who say otherwise are ignorant of my work.

By saying what I'm saying here, I am standing up for myself and others who do similar work. People can believe and say what they will, that Is their right, but their rights end where the next person's begin. Also, my post is not here to bring self promotion to myself, make headlines, or rekindle a failed career. Something to think about when you read articles like the one mentioned above.

Nor did I start this thread, trying to cause trouble yet again in this forum. I just replied stating my opinion of what was offered here, and stood up for myself in the process.

Tony Iacoviello

Spot on Tony!
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On 2012-03-08 04:44, David Numen wrote:
I have no doubt that there are "fake" psychics who do exploit the gullible but then there are, sadly, such individuals in every single walk of life be it business, medicine, politics, religion, whatever. Certainly it would be odd if the psychic field was the ONLY field in the world that didn't have charlatans of some kind. Doesn't mean they are ALL charlatans

Exactly! And just because Paul Zenon never explicitly says he's referring to ALL psychics, we know that's what he was THINKING. I believe that's called "being psychic." Check and mate, Mr. Zenon.

Quote:
I just think there are bigger issues. I am struck by a couple of beer commercials on TV that suggest drinking their product is an action that can only result in instant parties and goodtimes. Deodarant adverts that suggest using their product will make people irrestibly attractive to the opposite sex. Politicians sending citizens to war for dubious reasons. Banks swallowing money left right and centre. Fighting against such things - if people feel the need to fight - would be noble and worthwhile.

Spot on! It's sad we live in a world where people are so gullible. It's doubly sad that some feel the only way to enlighten the public is to "inform them with the truth." Smile The smoking gun here is that Mr. Zenon has chosen only to expose fakes in a field he's familiar with. Very suspicious. As is his claim that he doesn't make any money from being a skeptic. To this, I can only say, "Liar!"

Quote:
Suggesting psychics are all fakes always comes across as less than noble and more about self-promotion. Hey, we all need self-promotion so nothing against that per se I just feel this particular route is the lowest in our art.

I couldn't agree more. Trying to educate people is much lower than, say, telling a widow you're in contact with her dead poodle.

I have three words for Mr. Zenon: HOW DARE YOU.

The next thing you know, Mr. Z will be saying (explicitly or implicitly) that all psychic surgeons are frauds just because SOME of them may have been exposed for using trickery on occasion.

I may be expensive but when I perform psychic surgery, I give my clients something that no skeptic can. I give them HOPE. Who can put a price on that? And who the hell does Paul Zenon or anyone else think they are that they can judge me?
solarzar
View Profile
Regular user
Solarzar
109 Posts

Profile of solarzar
Quote:

Tony Iacoviello

Clear, concise and on point. Thank you Tony for expressing this so well.

Frauds choose an specialty to use for their fraud, the specialty does not make a fraud.

Like you, Tony, I read palms and tarot. I also do numeroloty and astrology. I've never taken advantage of a person, mislead someone on a health or financial transaction, or directed anyone to give me their last dollar to clear away the evil surrounding their money. None of the readers/psychics that I've worked with would do that either. But the frauds do exist, they are not just not the norm they are the exception.

Just my thoughts, Solarzar
Solarzar
The Magic is within us!
www.Magic4Life.com
www.Solarzar.net
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
OK I do not know if it was I or another post that ruffled the feathers here, but let me attempt to clarify my earlier statement. As a performer or practitioner of the mystery arts we operate in the grey, we all have different views & value systems of what fits us and is appropriate to present. We all have various views of what is legitimate and what is fraud, so working in this field we must identify that we will run into those that we do not agree with. I am a performing mentalist, do I believe anyone can read my mind or anyone else's(no way), do I believe a tarot is going to allow you to give me anything other than an entertaining reading (also no way)& MG sorry I will decry your psychic healing if all your selling is hope if that is the case then place yourself along side the Benny Hinns of the world.You see there will always be skeptics and nay sayers in this world. PZ has the right to speak his mind if it is for nothing more than his own profit so be it as much as anyone here has the right to speak against my views and points.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
What gets me and mayhap for all time will are the skeptics who will not self educate.

They close the door to consideration of topics they think they understand.

But I see that as a benifit to performers such as myself and see no reason
to not let them be as they are.

Jim

H.o.A-X
Quote:
On 2012-03-08 12:54, tboehnlein wrote:
OK I do not know if it was I or another post that ruffled the feathers here, but let me attempt to clarify my earlier statement. As a performer or practitioner of the mystery arts we operate in the grey, we all have different views & value systems of what fits us and is appropriate to present. We all have various views of what is legitimate and what is fraud, so working in this field we must identify that we will run into those that we do not agree with. I am a performing mentalist, do I believe anyone can read my mind or anyone else's(no way), do I believe a tarot is going to allow you to give me anything other than an entertaining reading (also no way)& MG sorry I will decry your psychic healing if all your selling is hope if that is the case then place yourself along side the Benny Hinns of the world.You see there will always be skeptics and nay sayers in this world. PZ has the right to speak his mind if it is for nothing more than his own profit so be it as much as anyone here has the right to speak against my views and points.

So how do people respond to what you do?
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Good ? Jim. They respond in various manners some with applause. Some with stunned silence, some with laughter, some with emotion and some with disdain.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Debunking the debunkers has really caught on. Their straw men and dogmatic close mindedness has made their viewpoint transparent. I'm glad the tide has turned.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Palm Reading is real. Tarot cards are real. Magic is real. Mentalism is real. Life? Just an illusion! Be right back---E.T. just knocked probably needs my phone again.......

Good magic to all,

Eric
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
"Debunking the debunkers has really caught on. Their straw men and dogmatic close mindedness has made their viewpoint transparent. I'm glad the tide has turned."

You really believe this?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
100%. PSEUDO-SKEPTICS have bilked close minded followers out of 10's of millions In donations to Fake Skeptic Groups. The coin has two side.. Fate Magazine exposed the skeptics back in the 80's... They play the same game now.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
I'm probably going to regret this, but what the heck is a pseudo-sceptic when it's at home? Is it just a lazy term of abuse or is there a real definition?
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-03-08 12:54, tboehnlein wrote:
MG sorry I will decry your psychic healing if all your selling is hope if that is the case then place yourself along side the Benny Hinns of the world.

I don't only sell hope. I also sell Miracle Salve and slivers of wood from the "true" cross.

I'll take your remark as a compliment. I always liked the part where Benny would hit the little old bald man on the head and also those chase scenes where everyone would run around real fast to that catchy music.
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

Profile of Simon (Ted) Edwards
Quote:
On 2012-03-09 12:24, Jon_Thompson wrote:
I'm probably going to regret this, but what the heck is a pseudo-sceptic when it's at home? Is it just a lazy term of abuse or is there a real definition?

My guess is that it's someone who is either not sceptical or who is but doesn't care much about it. My understanding is that these people go around somehow scamming real sceptics. It's all very complicated and verging on the conspiracy theory, if you ask me.
T.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
A true skeptic is skeptical of everything, including his own skepticism. A pseudo-skeptic is selectively skeptical and accepts his own preconceptions as fact.

I am skeptical of my own definition, so don't read too much into it.
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
Quote:
On 2012-03-09 13:15, mastermindreader wrote:
A true skeptic is skeptical of everything, including his own skepticism. A pseudo-skeptic is selectively skeptical and accepts his own preconceptions as fact.

I am skeptical of my own definition, so don't read too much into it.

If you're right, though, I think your definition would it sit comfortably between full scepticism and full belief.

Posted: Mar 10, 2012 5:08am
To say nothing of crypto-scepticism!
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Think of it this way:

If a skeptic says, "I'm a skeptic," it means he's really NOT a skeptic because he is not being skeptical about his skepticism. If, on the other hand, a skeptic says, "I doubt I'm a skeptic," then he really is a skeptic because he's being skeptical about his skepticism.

If a debunker is debunked, he may be a pseudo skeptic which may lead one to believe the debunked debunker is really a believer- a pself-hating psychic, I psuppose.

Psimple!

I'm glad this thread hasn't deteriorated into meaningless jibber-jabber.
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
You guys are mixing the philosophical notion of scepticism - of which there are several types - with the the type of investigative scepticism practiced by the likes of Randi or Shermer.

If you want to be a radical skeptic in the philisophical sense of the word you may as well give up thinking, discussion and any notion of truth - or what is 'real'. You can't be sure of any of it - apart from maybe the existence of yourself.

All this criticism of sceptics is a real diversionary tactic used by woo-woo peddlers. It effectively shuts down any form of meaningful debate.

If someone is simply sceptical of the existence of ghosts, points to the lack of evidence for ghosts, how there are many explanations that can explain away the anecdotal evidence for their existence - it is a very weak retort of the pro-ghost movement to simply say - ah he's not a true sceptic, because he isn't practising radical scepticism by questioning the basic assumptions that virtually all humans are agreed upon. We don't see many people questioning the reality of a fast moving bus by stepping in front of it after all.

Hopefully this line of criticism from the anti-sceptic camp can now be seen to be as disingenuous as it is.
Send me the truth: davitsicseek@gmail.com
CarlZen
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of CarlZen
Well said Davit.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2012-03-10 08:45, Davit Sicseek wrote:

Hopefully this line of criticism from the anti-sceptic camp can now be seen to be as disingenuous as it is.

I'm skeptical of the notion that you took my earlier definition seriously. Smile

Although referring to an entire group as "peddlers of woo" does indicate certain preconceived notions.

Good thoughts,

Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Fake Tarot and Palm Readers - Interesting worldwide (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL