The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Slop shuffle/triumph (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
JoeHohman
View Profile
Special user
Erie
706 Posts

Profile of JoeHohman
It is also taught in the Mark Wilson book.
T. Joseph O'Malley
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1937 Posts

Profile of T. Joseph O'Malley
Quote:
On 2012-03-10 16:06, BarryFernelius wrote:
But if you can't locate the original, get a copy of Ron Bauer's booklet Fair and Sloppy. You'll learn a nice handling of Marlo's Convincing Control that you can use in many other tricks, and you'll have a complete script for this classic effect.

What Barry said. It's a great version that is deceptive, practial & engaging.
tjo'
visionquest
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of visionquest
All you need is the Tipsy Trick in the Royal Road to Card Magic. It is as good as it gets. And I think that IS the Sid Lorraine version.
terrillific
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
292 Posts

Profile of terrillific
Quote:
On 2012-03-10 06:46, KyleMacNeill wrote:
John Guastaferro IMHO has the best Triumph effects around - check out his new E - Notes "Get Ready Get Set GuastaferrO!" for the best 2 triumphs of all time IMHO - "Untouched" and "Bound to Triumph".
Oh, and Ben Train has a fairly new out from the Blue Crown, I need to get round to getting it, it looks very nice indeed.

I concur with Kyle on John Guastaferro's Triumph routines. I especially love Untouched. It's great great reactions. I also love performing Ben Train's triumph but you need a surface to shuffle on.
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Quote:
On 2012-03-10 01:25, velcrowe wrote:
Back In Time is one of the best. I like to slop shuffle intentionally into a setup for any Out of This World effect. I go into Harry Lorayne's Out of This Universe.

Im with ya!

Back in time is used by many and the presentation is top notch.
I do Back in Time and go directly into out of this world(very direct Mendoza version) using the technique you hint at.
Two effects that go great together and I hardly ever do them apart.
seerunder
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of seerunder
I have been doing this trick for decades even in cabaret stand up if the venue is of a moderate size. I use the Tipsy Trick invented by Sid Lorraine. I knew Sid but had no idea he had invented it until after he died. I have always regretted not knowing that otherwise I would have thanked him for it. I have always had great results from it. I consider it more practical for professional purposes than Triumph because it does not need a table which isn't always available. It always goes over great.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Slop shuffle/triumph (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL