The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hoy Book Test Outdone new ebook (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Brain
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Brain
Ok I posted that short message because my computer was going dead

The ebook is about 5 pages but that's all it really needs to be.This looks way more fair than the original.I never really felt that the original hoy book test would fool but it does even when I am done with it I just cannot see how it fools people.The original fools but this version kills.I do reccommaned everyone getting Easy to master mental miracles vol 2 to see Richard Osterlind's 2 little subtleties on the hoy book test that everyone who does the this book test should know.Some good additions to the hoy book test here well worth the money
murrari
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of murrari
I also have this new approach to the Hoy book test from Alex and I think it's a very clever application and extension of the original Hoy test.

I tried this at an event last night and it was as powerful as any other book test I have used (and I have used all of the ones you could probably name!)

If you want a strong, easy to do book test in your repertoire you should do yourself a favour and get this.

The idea is devilishly simple but it will most certainly fool your audience! Well done Alex!

'Nuff said!
Andrew Murray
M.I.M.C. Gold Star
AndrewMurrayMagic

DON'T WAIT FOR INSPIRATION is my brand new e-book with 10 new routines.

APTITUDE is my first PLATINUM e-book with 10 new routines + 'SIGNS' bonus.

PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP is available here.

DNA
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Thanks everyone.

I have added some subtleties that allows for what seems like a random page and a random word or sentence to be chosen.

I perform this part about 50% of the time....although its not as clean as whats in the ebook, but it works, especially for people that have seen you perform this version, and you change it up on them.

For example....a friend of mine had seen me perform this before...at my stage show......so we were at a get together last night as someones house, and he asked if I could perform the book effect with some borrowed books, so I said sure....

they brought me 2 books, one was titled " Learning Italian" and the other "To Kill a Mockingbird"

I performed my method per the ebook, and then I asked which book he wanted, and he pointed to Learning Italian.

I performed this alternate variation, where he was able to go down a few lines, sentences, paragraphs, to a what seemed like to be a random word, and BAM, I hit him with it, and he had no explanation as this was not the same routine he had seen me perform on stage.

If anyone who has the book wants more info let me know and we can skype.

alejandro hinojosa cantu

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Recently showed this to Titanas via Skype.

He really liked it, and felt it was really good.

Has anyone used this method on stage or closeup yet?

I use it in my stage shows on/off, as sometimes I perform Q&A, and other times when I don't perform Q&A I perfom the book test.

If anyone wants to Skype Alejandro Hinojosa Cantu

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I'm a coin guy really but love the Hoy Book Test and it's something I've done at the right time from friend's houses to the office to the majesty of the Fort Orange Club library. It always plays big.

People are always completely amazed by it. I use this and a few other closeup effects to break up all the coin work and it works rather well. The original Hoy Book Test works beautifully as is, it's an effect that goes everywhere I go as I carry it in my mind and pop it out when the time is right. People in their own homes just can't believe it happening with their own books. Smile This is a great effect and is one of about maybe 3 such easy-to-do mentalism miracles I do whenever I do such effects. So if this gem has been "Outdone" then I need to know about it and try it out. So I will definitely give it a whirl.

And anything my old friend here gabelson (hope'ya remember me gave) Smile recommends is something that should be checked out, mentally speaking. Smile

Thanks Alex for taking a true classic and perhaps making it even more while creating something new. Can't wait to check it out.

-Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Thanks Marion.

I perform this routine a heck of a lot in my shows. I have also done it millions of time close up with borrowed books, where they bring me two books, they choose a book, and then they get to a page, and give me a number from 1-25, supposing the page they are at has 25 sentences/lines, and then they go down to that line, and I can tell them anything on that sentence.

That is just one variation for close-up. I normally use it on stage, with 4 books, no equivoque, and btw books can be borrowed, or someone can bring in their own 4 books.

Good part about it, is that I can take it out or put back in anytime.

The only time I take it out, is if performing Q&A, if not it normally stays in, and is my second effect I do in my show.

Alex
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,
Since tomorrow is tax day in the USA, April 15th.

I am having a sale on this ebook

only $2.95 instead of the $6.95

or take Hoy Book Test Outdone and Ima(th)ination both for only $6.95

Offer valid from now until tomorrow April 15th at midnight.

Please put Hoy book test if requesting that, or type Both if you want both.

if you are interested please paypal to

Romeo6514@hotmail.com

from now till tomorrow midnight.

Thanks

Alex
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Thanks guys.

Response has been great.

Sale is still going on for another 8 hours or so.

Thanks again...you cna always find me on Skype or Facebook: alejandro hinojosa cantu

any doubts, questions let me know

Alex
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

Just 3 more hours to go until the sale ends.

thanks for the support everyone.

Alex
dylan magic
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of dylan magic
This is great, Alex hit another home run with this.
takes the standard plot to the next level, also got a very nice letter reveltion from it as well, perfromers who use banacheks brain game will like this alot.
Alex has adapted the standard routine and added some great handling ideas so you can increase the number of books and words used.
its a great effect, and you tell ts a worker by the end of the manuscript.
Alex, can't believe your selling it this cheap to be honest, this could easily get a $20 + price tag!
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
This is a very nice twist on the Hoy Book Test and does indeed take it up a few notches. I enjoyed reading the PDF.

Devin Knight
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

for anyone that still wants this.

let me know

Send me a PM, I might be able to help you.
Thanks

Alex
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Alex sent me a copy of this and I liked it. It leads spectators down the garden path by exploiting the fact, that a layman just can't imagine you could have done any preparation beforehand (similar to a mem deck....kind of...Smile).
This approachs shows again that a little bit of more work beforehand can result in a more deceptive performance.

I still need to request the new additions from Alex ("I have added some subtleties that allows for what seems like a random page and a random word or sentence to be chosen.") to see how they will play out.
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I just ordered it.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I received the 5 page pdf yesterday. It is cearly written and to teh point. It is a very nice extension and variation of the Hoy Book test. IT is extremely easy to learn and to perform. You can use your own books which are unprepared and any books can be purchased from any new or used bookstore. You can also use borrowed books or books from your friend's house but then there is a sleight "set up" that can be done on the fly but you may have to go to a corner to do it. NOthing is added or taken away from the borrowed books. You can use any books from 2 to whatever. A good number of books to use would be 4 and the specator truly does have a free choice as to which book is chosen and used.

You can use this for stage, parlour or close-up.

For the money it is an excellenet extension of the Hoy Book test. Recommended.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey everyone,

I have decided to extend the sale a bit longer.

if you still want this, send me a PM or paypal to Romeo6514@hotmail.com

Thanks

alex
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

Thanks for the support.

I have decided to stop selling this once I reach the 100 mark.

so far I have sold 87.....so 13 more to go.

If you would like to buy one, the price is normall $6.95, but I will let it go for $3.00.

Paypal to

romeo6514@hotmail.com

You will get two free bonuses, an ebook on Out of sight out of mind, and one on Tossed out deck, plus my pennies for your thoughts ebook with 5 routines.

thanks again

Alex
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
10 left....

BTW

Peter Duffie just bought this awhile ago.....

Alex
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
I hope more people will put in their reviews.

thanks, still got 9 left.

alex
pduffie
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
340 Posts

Profile of pduffie
Yes, I bought this -- and I am glad I did. I enjoyed the new thinking that Alex has added to this classic book test. There is some prior memory work required, but if you perform this on stage or in parlor then the memorization is easy because you will use your own books each time you perform the test. However, if you want to perform this 'impromptu' in someone's house with borrowed books it could be a bit more trying if you don't have a good memory.

Memorization aside; if you present this as outlined in the PDF (either version), your spectator will later recall that they had a completely free choice of page(s) and words.

I like this a lot.

Peter
Alternative Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hoy Book Test Outdone new ebook (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL