The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » TWO new GREAT PROPS Available from Wack-o-Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
TWO new things...

http://www.wack-o-magic.com/wackomagic/Devils_Hank.html

and the new TABLE that no one has been talking about.. because I wanted it to be RIGHT before word got out...

http://www.wack-o-magic.com/wackomagic/E......ble.html

This table has to be seen to be believed... it really IS a work of art!!

These are made custom.. and the covering can be done in almost any color for an additional $30... though I'm a big fan of the netural gray... and since it comes with velcro installed.. you can make any kind of drape or banner for the front!
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Nice work.

I'm not sure if this is me thinking like a magician but I don't like that the hank is different on each side. Does this not broadcast the fact that this isn't simply one piece of material but rather two pieces with a space for hiding things between them?
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
I couldn't recommend these products to anyone
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
The Café is a great resource. I think it might be a good idea to use it to find out what people want and would find practical rather than just flog your awkward wares once created.
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
I think the table/case looks awesome, and so does the mis-made monster. I sent you an email Michael.
garydunn
View Profile
Veteran user
Glasgow
303 Posts

Profile of garydunn
I have to agree with George about the Devils Hank, plus where was that 'no sag' feature in the video? The table is also not my cup of tea... just as well as you won't ship it to the UK!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Wow
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Quote:

Could you maybe elaborate a little bit? Right now it comes off as a rather arrogant statement. Can you give some explanation as to why, in your personal opinion, these might not be the right ones to use?

Ed
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Rereading my post I think I was a little grumpy/harsh, so apologies.
I'm sure you're other products are great but neither of these seem sensible or practical and could've done with a bit of input from the good people of the Café before going into production.

What happens to the stuff on the table when you open it to get something else out? Looks kinda awkward to carry too.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Quote:
On 2012-03-15 11:18, Ed_Millis wrote:
Quote:

Could you maybe elaborate a little bit? Right now it comes off as a rather arrogant statement. Can you give some explanation as to why, in your personal opinion, these might not be the right ones to use?

Ed

Well...

What makes a devil's hank deceptive (to some) is the fact that it's a single piece of cloth folded up to make a bag, open it and the item has vanished. Wacko's contribution to this prop is a step backwards (in my opinion) b/c it's obvious that it's 2 pieces of cloth that have been sewn together which would give the spectator the impression that there is space between the two pieces to hide the vanished object. Whereas the hank looks visually stunning, it's not going to be deceptive.

I think the table is going to be hit or miss depending on the performer. Some may like some may not. I don't but that doesn't mean it's not a good table. It may be the perfect solution for some performers...tho for the asking price, one could buy a Lefler Table or for a fraction of the price, make their own setup.

I use a very large accordion case and a waiters stand and put a sign on the front of it. My total cost was about $150 including the sign.

This is my entire preschool show all loaded into it...

I think my table works great for me, but it may not work for others. My entire show fits inside for a quick load in and set up. The same could be said for Wacko's table. Personal taste and all that jazz...
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
Ha-HA!! Christopher got suckered into the talking-toilet-roll thing!!
(just kidding...it's a cool set-up)

I thought whak-o's table was GREAT!! And the price is actually quite reasonable compared to a lot of other tables out there. If you want this, I'd get it QUICK because I've got hunches in bunches that these are gonna go fast, and take awhile to replenish.
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On 2012-03-15 12:36, magicgeorge wrote:
What happens to the stuff on the table when you open it to get something else out? Looks kinda awkward to carry too.

Hi George -

Chalet Magic also makes a table with a sliding top, so you can access the inside. So, it's a somewhat known design for a magic table.

Look for "Table (Laflin)": http://www.chaletstephens.com/catalog.html

It's also made by Fairchild Magic, with the Laflin's permission: http://www.fairchildmagic.com/fairchild_magic_054.htm

In several of Duane Laflin's videos, he is using one of these tables for his magic.

You either leave the top / shelf open at all times. Or you learn to remove the item off the top, to exchange it for the next one.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
Just so you know I listen.... the devils hanks are going to be made with the same fabric on both sides... and I'll make some in more plain colors as well. There was a thinking behind the two color handkerchief.. but that reasoning has been out reasoned by a much better argument. I agree and will make changes.... see how EASY that is when an argument is well made and reasonable?

for Magic George... I DID INDEED get a TON of input on the tables... from guys who do 30 shows a year.. and guys who do 500+ shows a year... school show performers, library performers and mixed show performers. I know every table can't be right for everyone.. but I made this lightweight, reasonably sized, and durable. The inside is pretty flexible, and for the price in comparison to many of the professional tables out there.. the price is not bad.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Fair play. Good call on the hanks.

Maybe it's just me (and Gary) on the table then. I'm glad you've got a market for them.

I used a rolon style table for years but am currently using something I've developed myself. I'm thinking of getting it made up by an expert.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
How much does the table and frame weigh? It has many of the same features as my setup, except you have casters on it. I think it will be a hit, because it seems much lighter than a Lefler table.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Quote:
On 2012-03-15 13:09, makeupguy wrote:
Just so you know I listen.... the devils hanks are going to be made with the same fabric on both sides... and I'll make some in more plain colors as well. There was a thinking behind the two color handkerchief.. but that reasoning has been out reasoned by a much better argument. I agree and will make changes.... see how EASY that is when an argument is well made and reasonable?

for Magic George... I DID INDEED get a TON of input on the tables... from guys who do 30 shows a year.. and guys who do 500+ shows a year... school show performers, library performers and mixed show performers. I know every table can't be right for everyone.. but I made this lightweight, reasonably sized, and durable. The inside is pretty flexible, and for the price in comparison to many of the professional tables out there.. the price is not bad.

Is there any chance you could just make the Hank "ungimmicked?" and sell just the silks that size with that pattern? I might buy one or two from ya and my guess is others would too. Always looking for good quality silk stuff...

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
Christopher I love the 'Cheat Sheet'!

Does the doggie use a 260 balloon? Nice act.
Life of Magic!
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
It looks like the frame unfolds and actually creates an upper cavity for the table box to set into? If so, that seems much better than just setting the box on top of some fold-out legs.

Any chance of getting an option for a fold-down handle and some wheels, like a rolling suitcase? Or might be better just to get a separate folding dolly ( http://www.amazon.com/Magna-Cart-Persona......00HVVSDU ).

Ed
garydunn
View Profile
Veteran user
Glasgow
303 Posts

Profile of garydunn
In all honesty, I really thought it was the spider flex table. I'm not saying it's bad - just not me! I don't like the spider flex Qube Table either.

http://www.spider-evoflex.com/product_in......guage=en

Christopher, loving the set up. Mine is similar - I've no pics, but you can see it on the video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si2u27Otk......TUIBAQ8=

Gary

http://www.garydunn.com
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Makeupguy, you pm'ed me but I'll answer here

you've changed the hank - good, now drop the price. I do manufacture and sell devil's hanks to dealers in the UK and know exactly how much they cost even with UK labour rates. Also this is an existing silk, nothing special or unique. Why is this not in the silk section of the Café.

the table is simply a box with a sliding lid on a spider frame - I could give a lot of quotes of how to make your own in amateur magicians magazines that look very similar(including the FCMUK publication Viola). Personally I hate these, and could see anything heavy overbalancing and causing the whole table to fall. Also why is this in the children's section? IT IS A TABLE.

If this is an advertisement then please pay for it like the other dealers.
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » TWO new GREAT PROPS Available from Wack-o-Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL