The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Name/Place Routine on Skype (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1492 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

so the other night I had a Skype session with Peter Turner, and we were showing each other effects, and bouncing ideas of each other, then he tells me,

Alex, stop what you are doing, and think of a persons name, so I did
Then he said ok, now I want you to think of a landscape in your mind, so I did
Then he said finally I want you to think of an animal, and I did
then he asked me to think of a playing card, and I did

Without any fishing whatsoever, Peter, nailed all 4 revelations, and it was really special, I was dumbfounded.

Peter fooled me with this one, and I thought it was great.

I was trying to figure out some aspects of the routine, and I told the method to Peter of what I thought it was, and he said I was wrong....anyways this is really good, and I don't believe Peter will release it, well maybe if we badger him about it, and if there is some interest from the community, I think he might release it.

It is rare to see something that totally knocks you backwards, and makes you think.

It was really great, and I enjoyed it.

I am still trying to figure out, but I have no clue.

If one has read any of Peters past publications, I am assuming the method is simple, and masked within another method, who knows?

I hope he releases this, so you can all see the power of what I experienced.

It was great.....

Thanks Peter

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Biovf
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Biovf
Yeah he showed me that the other day but only with the first two phases you mention (name and landscape).

I was very impressed as none of us wrote anything down, no revelations of my part were done (meaning it can't be a one ahead) and it went just as straight for a revelation as real mind reading can go without any questions and bear in mind that no revelations were written for the name, no phising and no switches. All just verbal which threw me off completely as I was expecting some kind of late switch.
For the landscape the process was just as straightforward, with Peter drawing his landscape in a A4 sheet at the same time (this was over skype so no clipboards and I drew off camera to not allow pencil reading) and he held the sheet in view the entire time...bang homerun! He even showed that there were no other "outs" drawn in the back or in the corners.

Well I also asked if he was going to release it but he said he wasn't really thinking about it so let's hope he changes his mind.

David
John C
View Profile
Inner circle
The AMAZING and COMMERCIAL Chair Test
7488 Posts

Profile of John C
Sounds like real mindreading. Perhaps he captured thought waves via the skype connection and translated them somehow using digital manipulation?

Or he has a chip in his brain?

Did you see any hidden wires extending out of his head?

Sounds like fun whatever it was.

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series:
www.professionalmagicroutines.com
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
945 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
That sounds like real mind reading...which isn't possible.. I wish to meet this Peter Turner. Could someone kindly point me in the direction for info on his published material?

M.I.
Biovf
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Biovf
Quote:
On 2012-03-21 06:47, johncesta wrote:
Sounds like real mindreading. Perhaps he captured thought waves via the skype connection and translated them somehow using digital manipulation?

Or he has a chip in his brain?

Did you see any hidden wires extending out of his head?

Sounds like fun whatever it was.

J

Well if he had wires I couldn't see them but the chip seems like a reasonable explanation yeah Smile

M.I. : I don't think he has a "centralized" spot where he sells his stuff, I got his Devious realities from kenton's website( http://www.wonderwizards.com/) but my favourite book, which if I'm not mistaken is kind of a best of his previous books, is Symphony of Silence (http://mykephillips.co.uk/Myke_Phillips/Myke_Phillips.html).
I only read those two but I guess that lybrary might have some of his previous works as well.

Regards,
David
magicman29
View Profile
Special user
hertfordshire
935 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Pete Is a fine thinker and a top notch guy, really must get my webcam sorted so I can do name/place with pete

Kieran
John Raff M
View Profile
Loyal user
Republic of Ireland
219 Posts

Profile of John Raff M
Sounds like a fantastic effect. No visible compromise whatsoever. I hope he releases it!
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1051 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
John Cesta, Discussing methods on this public forum is not allowed Smile

I don't want everyone knowing I am wired and chipped!

Bob Cassidy's Name/place and 4dt was my influence for these routines.

It was something I created just for my own self satisfaction, I didn't think anyone else would be interested.

The routine is completely billetless, but the only letdown it is not 100% (I have it hitting about 90 (odd)percent for the routines.

It is as literal as asking someone to think of a name (you reveal the amount of letters) then guess a letter (which seems standard play) and then reveal the name.

It is bold, but they never write it down, never tell you, you don't write it to reveal it (you can if you want), no switches and no one aheads.

Its a bit of work to get it down but then again rome wasn't built in a day.

Give me your thoughts.

Pete
bofx
View Profile
Veteran user
France
381 Posts

Profile of bofx
Sounds very good Peter !
John C
View Profile
Inner circle
The AMAZING and COMMERCIAL Chair Test
7488 Posts

Profile of John C
Cool. Even without chips!
The ULTIMATE Routine Series:
www.professionalmagicroutines.com
martin king
View Profile
Elite user
416 Posts

Profile of martin king
The fact that this is NOT 100% makes even more intrigued...the occasional failure makes you seem even more genuine!
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1051 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Martin you are spot on Smile

I usually have the write the last name, guess the persons first name (billetless) if it misses, I can always use the last name as my get out of jail free card!

The only problem is, that it takes a lot of practice (and in reading would probably sound non practical)... its served me well though!

Thanks for all the feedback,

Pete
John Raff M
View Profile
Loyal user
Republic of Ireland
219 Posts

Profile of John Raff M
No problem Pete. Its a mind blowing effect invented by someone who is obviously very talented.
And I too, completely agree with Martin.
Because its not 100% accurate makes it appear like the real stuff!
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1051 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Well the news is as follows*

Its been a year since I released anything and did not want to reveal anything prematurely but I feel now the time is right. I have been working on something for the last year and very few people knew. I have wrote up (I feel) some of my greatest work yet.

"Big Fish"

Named after the film, I will be revealing a little more over the next week. The book will be limited release and will most certainly not be for just anyone.

I may place the Name reveal as a bonus effect.

Here is one of the effect descriptions. (not proofed)

Effect

The performer addresses the audience and asks for anyone who knows a male they could reach on the telephone to raise their hands.

The performer then throws a paper ball into the audience; the person who catches it is instructed to throw it again, just to prove how random events are. When the second person catches the ball they are asked to pass it to the nearest person who has their hand held up.
That random member of the audience is asked to stand (We will call him Pablo), he is instructed to look around the audience and choose anyone he feels he has a mental connection with. The two people confirm they have not met before and both confirm they have never met the performer.
The audience’s attention is turned to an easel with a red cloth draped over it on the stage. The performer claims that the easel will become relevant in a few moments.

The mood of the room is taken down and the performer explains how people can be influenced by advertisements on television, words in magazines and most of all complete strangers.

The performer addresses the second subject (we will call him David) and informs him that in a moment he is going to be passed a phone to talk to a person that Pablo will freely selected.

He is instructed that when the phone is handed to him, he will ask the person on the other end of the phone if he is ok and then when he has responded, he will read a sentence out to that person.

When the sentence has been read out, he is to ask the person on the phone to create an imaginary book and call out the number of any page, then to imagine looking on that page and call out a word (this is all in the imagination of the person on the phone).
When David understands what he is to do, Pablo is approached and asked to state out loud his friend’s telephone number; the number is typed into a phone and Pablo verifies it to be correct.

The performer asks Pablo for his friend’s name (in this example we will call the person Erik) and presses the call button.
Everything so far has been ultra fair.

The male answers the phone, the performer explains he is with Pablo and asks Erik if he can borrow him for two moments, he obliges. The performer informs Erik that the next voice he will hear will be David, that David is going to read a sentence and hopefully that sentence will influence something that will be important later on.

The phone is handed to David; the pair become acquainted David then reads aloud a sentence (we will say for the sake of example the sentence is the Cat sat on the mat).

David then proceeds to ask Erik create an imaginary book and to choose any page.

Erik chooses page twelve.

When asked for an imaginary word he says dust.

The phone is handed back to the performer (who verifies it was a free choice and ends the phone call).

The performer then reiterates how random the entire experiment has been, from the way the participants were selected right down to having David talk to Pablo’s chosen friend (so nothing could have be miscalled).

The performer approaches the easel and dramatically reveals his prediction.

“I will attempt to send page Twelve and the word will be Dust!”

Notes* the subject can call the person back after the show/effect and will be fully impressed, no preshow, each subject is chosen at random, any piece of information be predicted (words, numbers or pictures) and the sentence read out does not prompt the person on the phone!

This is one of the pieces in the book.

Hope to hear your thoughts guys!

Pete
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of backinblack
"Big Fish" sounds cool.. anyhow: when you release a book with the real mindreading-stuff that works for 90% I am in..
magicman29
View Profile
Special user
hertfordshire
935 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Quote:
On 2012-03-23 17:22, Peter_turner wrote:
Well the news is as follows*

Its been a year since I released anything and did not want to reveal anything prematurely but I feel now the time is right. I have been working on something for the last year and very few people knew. I have wrote up (I feel) some of my greatest work yet.

"Big Fish"

Named after the film, I will be revealing a little more over the next week. The book will be limited release and will most certainly not be for just anyone.

I may place the Name reveal as a bonus effect.

Here is one of the effect descriptions. (not proofed)

Effect

The performer addresses the audience and asks for anyone who knows a male they could reach on the telephone to raise their hands.

The performer then throws a paper ball into the audience; the person who catches it is instructed to throw it again, just to prove how random events are. When the second person catches the ball they are asked to pass it to the nearest person who has their hand held up.
That random member of the audience is asked to stand (We will call him Pablo), he is instructed to look around the audience and choose anyone he feels he has a mental connection with. The two people confirm they have not met before and both confirm they have never met the performer.
The audience’s attention is turned to an easel with a red cloth draped over it on the stage. The performer claims that the easel will become relevant in a few moments.

The mood of the room is taken down and the performer explains how people can be influenced by advertisements on television, words in magazines and most of all complete strangers.

The performer addresses the second subject (we will call him David) and informs him that in a moment he is going to be passed a phone to talk to a person that Pablo will freely selected.

He is instructed that when the phone is handed to him, he will ask the person on the other end of the phone if he is ok and then when he has responded, he will read a sentence out to that person.

When the sentence has been read out, he is to ask the person on the phone to create an imaginary book and call out the number of any page, then to imagine looking on that page and call out a word (this is all in the imagination of the person on the phone).
When David understands what he is to do, Pablo is approached and asked to state out loud his friend’s telephone number; the number is typed into a phone and Pablo verifies it to be correct.

The performer asks Pablo for his friend’s name (in this example we will call the person Erik) and presses the call button.
Everything so far has been ultra fair.

The male answers the phone, the performer explains he is with Pablo and asks Erik if he can borrow him for two moments, he obliges. The performer informs Erik that the next voice he will hear will be David, that David is going to read a sentence and hopefully that sentence will influence something that will be important later on.

The phone is handed to David; the pair become acquainted David then reads aloud a sentence (we will say for the sake of example the sentence is the Cat sat on the mat).

David then proceeds to ask Erik create an imaginary book and to choose any page.

Erik chooses page twelve.

When asked for an imaginary word he says dust.

The phone is handed back to the performer (who verifies it was a free choice and ends the phone call).

The performer then reiterates how random the entire experiment has been, from the way the participants were selected right down to having David talk to Pablo’s chosen friend (so nothing could have be miscalled).

The performer approaches the easel and dramatically reveals his prediction.

“I will attempt to send page Twelve and the word will be Dust!”

Notes* the subject can call the person back after the show/effect and will be fully impressed, no preshow, each subject is chosen at random, any piece of information be predicted (words, numbers or pictures) and the sentence read out does not prompt the person on the phone!

This is one of the pieces in the book.

Hope to hear your thoughts guys!

Pete

You know I'm in peter,i love your work!

Kieran
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2217 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
The lure is out, so to speak!
Peter, I am ready... Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3593 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Big Fish fits very nicely with the chips mentioned earlier.

Talking of which.....
Will this release come with the required chips, wires, soldering iron etc.
Or will we need to source these ourselves?
If so some sort of wiring diagram will presumably be included, along with a copy of brain surgery for dummies.

I want in, pretty please!

steve
eostresh
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of eostresh
Peter's name guess is flabbergasting! It really is. When I first saw it I was thinking about it for a week. lol. Whatever the method, I know I'm going to smile when I read it. His thinking fresh and at the top of the field. I'm surprised Derren Brown hasn't scooped him up and sequestered him away by now. Good for us I guess. It means he has to help support himself by occasionally writing a book and letting us in on some of those gems that pop out of his brain!
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1051 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Thanks guys Smile

I am tinkering with some things right now and I will let everyone know the full situation asap. I am very glad people are iterested in things like this as I thought I had serious Ocd issues haha!

Pete

Let me take you down coz I'm going to strawberry fields!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
Bad Luck Network
10916 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
V ery nice.
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
1949 Posts

Profile of gabelson
As we all know, there's no shortage of material out there- much of it over-hyped, some of it just ok, and the occasional dazzling gem, when we're lucky. How many times have we all read "the closest thing to real mindreading"? Well, this isn't "the closest thing to". This IS real mindreading.
(Of course, there must be methods employed aside from "real mindreading", unless Peter really does have 'the chip'), but I have never, ever witnessed mentalism this direct, this fair and positively inexplicable. Peter just performed some routines for me over Skype. NOTHING written down, NO fishing, NO sleights- I thought of several things, he named them all. Period. In a couple of instances, he didn't even narrow the field of WHAT I should think about (person, place, thing, etc.) I have absolutely no where to go, no way to backtrack what he just did.

As someone posted earlier, I'm shocked Derren hasn't brought Peter aboard his team already. Then again, Peter doesn't need to be brought aboard anyone's team. His material is revolutionary, as is his approach. He's a very young man (and a quite brilliant one) whom I predict will be a household name in a very short time. In all my years, I have never been this fried by any other mentalist.
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1051 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Thank you for your kind words Gabe, it was a real pleasure talking to you. It was a real pleasure to chat to all of you infact!

I am slightly blushing after reading your post,

Thanks again,

Pete
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
10812 Posts

Profile of IAIN
He does have those unfortunate hand-tattoos though doesn't he...

this all sounds good, and I'm currently reading Pete's Symphony of Silence...
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1051 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Hi Iain,

I hope you enjoy the work within! Its marker pen Smile (which I am sure you gathered haha)

Although I am a tattooist in my spare time (I love the artwork!)

Pete
shoexboy
View Profile
New user
Taiwan
67 Posts

Profile of shoexboy
I's that could performance with not enghlish country ?like Asian ?
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1051 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
I will not go into depth right now, but in short yes Smile

Pete
Rick
View Profile
Elite user
Va.
437 Posts

Profile of Rick
I just had one of the best skype jam sessions with Pete. He totally floored me with calling out, not to mention the first name I thought of, but also called out the other name I was thinking as well..!! I wrote nothing down,there were no anagrams! Just straight foward to the point what the name was...It was just simply beautiful I tell ya. He also revealed to me a place I was just thinking of..how in the hell?..lol..I have no clue. He showed me cards one after another I was just thinking... My brain just hurts right now..lol.. I loved every aspect of what Peter was doing and I hope someday his briliant creations and thinking can come to a book or dvd. Pete, keep doing what youre doing, this stuff rocks, and you seriously fried me bro! ps, I hope you enjoyed my living and dead test, and you better make one next time I talk to ya!
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1051 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
You living and dead test was amazing! Very direct!

I also had a great time, it is so amazing being able to connect with people around the world and I really appreciate you all taking the time I have spent with each of you.

Also Rick top guitar playing Smile

Keep on rocking in the free world!

Pete
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4702 Posts

Profile of edh
Peter, please quit promoting your products. If you want to sell something take out an add.
Magic is a vanishing art.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Name/Place Routine on Skype (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.408305 seconds, requiring 84 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [2] [7] [4] [4] [8] [5] [7] [5]