The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Whats a good first bill switch? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MAGIC325
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of MAGIC325
2dollar window. Just make sure you don't accidentally spend it.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
I like Arthur Tivoli's Bill Switch as taught on his "Tivoli in Tivoliland" DVD. It does not use a TT. To briefly view the switch, go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WiE19W56zY (at 1:27-1:39) and take a look.

Best,

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Magic-Scott
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of Magic-Scott
Two Dollar Window or $100 Bill Switch
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The classic bill switch is the one published in the book "MY BEST" by J.G. Thompson Jr. Easy and a good switch.

A recent bill switch is the "Gypsy Bill Switch" used by Michael Ammar and others.

Now these are bill switches, not bill change to another bill.

My all time favorte is Dick Zimmerman's Bill switch. Really a master piece.

Again not used as a bill change to another bill.
Jay
View Profile
Elite user
Northern New Jersey
406 Posts

Profile of Jay
Magick Balay's Four Quarters is really decent. One of its strengths is that the bill is perceived to never being out of the line of sight by the participant. It is the only bill switch I use, and it is in my pocket, always.
Aelumag
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Aelumag
Hello all,

Not sure if this thread is still up but not sure where to post this, does anyone know where the method for this switch can be found, is it even out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeIozoNyaAg

Thanks!
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
I second 'Money Morph' by Kevin King. It's the best and only one you'd ever need. Bill stays visible nearly 100% of the time during the switch.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
The Mike Kozlowski $100 bill switch is awesome and tried and true. I learned it years ago and cannot tell you how many hundreds of times I have performed it. I suggest picking up Jay Sankey's Hundred Dollar Miracles for both teaching on the switch and ideas that are off beat.

As for Kevin King's Money Morph, I got the dvd and couldn't really see much difference between that and the Mike Kozlowski version as taught in the original manuscript. Just my opinion YMMV.
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1569 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Quote:
On Sep 22, 2017, Aelumag wrote:
Hello all,

Not sure if this thread is still up but not sure where to post this, does anyone know where the method for this switch can be found, is it even out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeIozoNyaAg

Thanks!

Not quite sure. Looks like a tipless version of Richard Sanders "money morph" He does it very well.

The version I use and won't go back to any other method is Magick Balay's "4 quarters". Absolutely the best and fastest IMO that is a TT.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
There are so many switches out there. But the right one really does depend on the application and effect. All will not work in all situations.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Signet
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of Signet
I bought Richard Sanders Extreme Burn 2.0. I change five ones to five twenties. It can be done with any bills and it's not that hard to learn. It gets phenomenal reactions from people. The dvd teaches you how to make the gimmick. This is a good effect to help you build confidence.
Aelumag
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Aelumag
Thank you all for the replies. However, the problem I am facing is color. From what I see most users on the Café as well as most creators of bill switches out there are Americans. When performing with US dollars the bills blend in so well you can never tell. However, in Europe all the countries that don't have euros use different color bills. Euros are also different color. Both Kozlowsky and Magic Balay (I have played with both) have this flaw that when switching the bills you can just tell the switch because of the sudden color change that is upside down or downside up.

So the best for me so far is Visi-bill - at least from this point of view.

And then comes my next problem: plastic money, where not even Visi-bill can solve it. The problem with plastic money is that they don't really stay folded, they make a lot of noise, and for Visibill performance they just don't wanna bend or pre-bend, especially when folded, so I cannot make them enter easily. So while not impossible to do technically it's almost impossible to do elegantly and flawlessly and silently and smooth.

Thank you for your input!
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2017, Aelumag wrote:

And then comes my next problem: plastic money, where not even Visi-bill can solve it. The problem with plastic money is that they don't really stay folded, they make a lot of noise, and for Visibill performance they just don't wanna bend or pre-bend, especially when folded, so I cannot make them enter easily. So while not impossible to do technically it's almost impossible to do elegantly and flawlessly and silently and smooth.

Thank you for your input!

Hey Aelumag, on your plastic bills, iron them with low heat and I believe your problem will be resolved.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Aelumag
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Aelumag
Thank you Steve, will try that!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Whats a good first bill switch? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL