The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Animate & Restore" by Jesse Feinberg and Paul Harris Presents (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
magician102
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of magician102
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjkaWoRtuuQ

from http://www.paulharrispresents.com

looks neat - I'm sure there's tons of potential, though as with all of these types of tricks, one must be more aware of choosing the right time and place to perform it.

look forward to seeing what you all have to think.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8760 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I've been doing T&R since JC Wagner released his version. There are other great versions out there, but this is spooky, like the Haunted Deck.

I like the different color back card restoring. It says any deck, so the deck isn't gaffed itself.

OK, another purchase to be made. I'm running out of cash quickly this year.
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
AAARGH!!! This exact same effect (minus the postage touch) is something I have been working on for months! Only the past couple of weeks have I got it to somewhere where I was happy with performing it and then... I see this. Feeling pretty crushed right now.

Still, not Jesse or Paul's faut, I haven't shown mine to many magicians. Oh well back to the drawing board.

Good luck with it Fellas, this is gonna be huge!

Lloyd
Co-Founder // Head of Creative at Enigma Ltd

Facebook
Twitter
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4523 Posts

Profile of gdw
I like the idea. I've actually wanted to do something like this for a while but never really worked our a method.
March 22, 2011, our beautiful baby girl, Evelyn, was born.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."
Man has evolved, "god" is extinct.
I won't forget you Robert.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8760 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Years ago I used cut up shim card pieces and a BIG magnet under the table to bring them together. Never got it right.

I bet people will gasp seeing those card pieces 'move' and join. If this wasn't a legit release, I'd have thought CGI.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2461 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Quote:
On 2012-03-26 18:55, Lloyd Barnes wrote:
AAARGH!!! This exact same effect (minus the postage touch) is something I have been working on for months! Only the past couple of weeks have I got it to somewhere where I was happy with performing it and then... I see this. Feeling pretty crushed right now.

Still, not Jesse or Paul's faut, I haven't shown mine to many magicians. Oh well back to the drawing board.

Lloyd

You know as a creator that is the way it is sometimes man...Jesse has been working on this for over 5 years now...I am so happy to finally see A&R get to see the light of day. It is sooo *** clever!
JM
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Quote:
On 2012-03-26 19:41, Justin N. Miller wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-03-26 18:55, Lloyd Barnes wrote:

Lloyd

You know as a creator that is the way it is sometimes man...Jesse has been working on this for over 5 years now...I am so happy to finally see A&R get to see the light of day. It is sooo *** clever!
JM

I hear ya man. Happens all the time. I'm glad this is coming with PH and Jesse though, because I know they're going to do an awesome job of it.

I may even pick this up if it's more stream line than my own.

Lloyd
Co-Founder // Head of Creative at Enigma Ltd

Facebook
Twitter
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2028 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
That looks great. But, any limitation as for lighting?
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Carnac
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Carnac
Boy, magic is certainly getting wild.. Imagine showing that to a magician 100 years ago... or better yet a layman...Probably get burned at the stake... I want this...
king2262
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of king2262
Now this I want !!!!!!!!!:)
Looks great !
bond19
View Profile
Special user
Blackpool, England
920 Posts

Profile of bond19
Just did a little s*x w*e

Man this looks BRILLIANT!!

TnR meets Haunted Deck.. A new classic in the making??
bobflyer
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of bobflyer
Looks very cool...looking forward to reviews of this! Hoping it is more consistent and predictable than the Haunted decks out recently.
Gary Kosnitzky
View Profile
Veteran user
380 Posts

Profile of Gary Kosnitzky
This is what I think of this:

Why do magician's spend more time trying to fool other magician's into handing over their hard earned money rather than getting paid the old fashioned way by performing for paying audiences?

Quote from ad.
"VISIBLY RE-ARRANGING THEMSELVES into a COMPLETE CARD!"

I'm sorry that is not what I saw.

Blasphemously, this video was tampered with at 1 minute and 31 seconds, right smack in the middle of the restoration. This part was edited in a way to blend into the jumpiness of the whole video in general or maybe the whole video is purposely jumpy to camouflage that cut. This particular edit is so subtle as to be practically undetectable.

At 1 minute and 32 seconds, the card is obviously not complete or even appearing to be complete.
The lower left corner is sticking out an angle prior to covering it with the envelope, making it obvious that the card is definitely not complete. So not only is the card not complete as it says in the ad ,it doesn't even appear complete.

This ad totally misleads you.
The video tells the complete (no pun intended) truth.

You did this in 2006 Jesse and didn't get away with it.
What makes you think you can do it now?
Rediscover a lost art.
www.jadoosmagic.com
bond19
View Profile
Special user
Blackpool, England
920 Posts

Profile of bond19
Surely the envelope is used to both clean up & restore in one movement, enabling the card to be handed out??
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8760 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-03-27 11:02, Gary Kosnitzky wrote:

Quote from ad.

Blasphemously, this video was tampered with at 1 minute and 31 seconds, right smack in the middle of the restoration. This part was edited in a way to blend into the jumpiness of the whole video in general or maybe the whole video is purposely jumpy to camouflage that cut. This particular edit is so subtle as to be practically undetectable.

At 1 minute and 32 seconds, the card is obviously not complete or even appearing to be complete.
The lower left corner is sticking out an angle prior to covering it with the envelope, making it obvious that the card is definitely not complete. So not only is the card not complete as it says in the ad ,it doesn't even appear complete.

Gary, If that didn't happen, then the pieces that joined would have been a true complete card and that would have been real magic. There has to be a switch. The REAL magic happening is those pieces moving. I can't stand misleading ads and demos, but try to give some leeway.

Mark Mason released the "Mirage Wallet" around 1998. The ad said "The signed card ends up actually fastened inside the wallet".

Well...not exactly. That was the illusion of what happened, but there was a switch. When I got it, I though it was so clever, I didn't balk at the ad.. I gave them some leeway.

Clarke
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1776 Posts

Profile of ted french
I don't think Jesse made the video, it looks like it was Eric Ross.
P3
practice practice perform.
Gary Kosnitzky
View Profile
Veteran user
380 Posts

Profile of Gary Kosnitzky
Quote:
On 2012-03-27 11:32, Zombie Magic wrote:
Quote:

Quote from ad.

Gary, If that didn't happen, then the pieces that joined would have been a true complete card and that would have been real magic. There has to be a switch. The REAL magic happening is those pieces moving. I can't stand misleading ads and demos, but try to give some leeway.

Mark Mason released the "Mirage Wallet" around 1998. The ad said "The signed card ends up actually fastened inside the wallet".

Well...not exactly. That was the illusion of what happened, but there was a switch. When I got it, I though it was so clever, I didn't balk at the ad.. I gave them some leeway.

Clarke

Reread my post. I say nothing about a switch.
I'm talking about editing that is deceitful.

And another thing.

YOU can give leeway to people who are trying to scam you.

I prefer to isolate, expose and mock them for being the
unconscionable shysters that they are.
Rediscover a lost art.
www.jadoosmagic.com
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth, UK
4305 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Looks like there are holes in the deck! Little holes the size of a pin... though I could be wrong, and that was only by watching the video once and I wasn't even looking closely!
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4523 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
This is what I think of this:

Why do magician's spend more time trying to fool other magician's into handing over their hard earned money rather than getting paid the old fashioned way by performing for paying audiences?

Quote from ad.

This ad totally misleads you.
The video tells the complete (no pun intended) truth.

You did this in 2006 Jesse and didn't get away with it.
What makes you think you can do it now?

What are you complaining about? The only thing that could be considered "hidden" by that cut would be him openly reaching into his pocket to grab the envelope.
Considering the actual moment of the switch happening is shown right after the cut, I don't see how one could honestly accuse any one of deception. Particularly with that specific cut. It's nonsensical.
March 22, 2011, our beautiful baby girl, Evelyn, was born.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."
Man has evolved, "god" is extinct.
I won't forget you Robert.
Christophe Rossi
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Christophe Rossi
Very visual ....Whaou ...
magicology
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of magicology
Hey Guys,

We will post some additional in-studio performance footage soon. Rest assured, Darryl Vanamburg did an exquisite job engineering the props you receive.

I helped edit the instructional DVD, which was filmed after the Eric Ross demo. Those reactions are REAL. It's a gnarly experience for any spectator to witness.

Stay tuned...
Carnac
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Carnac
I agree that some leeway is needed. It is indeed a fine line. One has to keep in mind that looking at an effect through the "camera's eye" is a different experience than seeing it live as one cannot misdirect what the camera sees. I know personally that many of my effects require misdirection, a MASSIVE tool in our business, to get the job done and if were to be viewed with a straight on camera, I would be in trouble for sure!! Smile
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
2490 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I must be getting old. Absolutely no interest in this and don't think it looks that good....despite the fact that I own just about ever t&r to come out over the last 20 yrs
MuscleMagic
View Profile
Special user
544 Posts

Profile of MuscleMagic
More people need to speak up when something being sold is junk! I don't have this trick and my comment isn't specific to this but please if someone gets it and its a let down speak up, not just if its good
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
2563 Posts

Profile of RNK
Well..for $40.00- will definately have to wait for some reviews for this. I spent $30.00 on Jesse's Springboard effect a while ago(when I fist star buying everything that "looked" good) and after receiving it- it's now collecting dust in the "Drawer". Yes, it helps that Paul Harris is on board but still- point to consider- the blatant switch of the card will probably be noticed by most. I feel this is such a visual effect that people will know the card was switched out. Maybe, the haunted way the card is restored will impress them (that part does look good) but they will know that didn't happen with their card, especially after it's covered by an envelope only to be fully restored. I just feel there is no justification to bring the envelope back in play- that part of the routine stands out IMO. But, we will see after some start reviewing it!

RNK
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
2875 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
There are currently two Paul Harris collaborations on release that both involve switches happening under a gimmicked 'something'. In both cases, I'm not sold. But that's just me. Others will like this stuff, I'm sure.

I can't fault the video, as it shows *exactly* what I need to see, which is enough to make my mind up against.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2461 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
(this is NOT directed to any one person..just an observation)
It is such a shame to see magicians getting jaded and influenced by their own mind. The most dangerous place a magician can be is to think like a magician, and forget about what the audience experiences. Please do the art a favor before you kill it. go back to the first time you saw your first magical experience, not necessarily a magic effect. It could of been a sunset, the stars above, your first kiss, try to remember when you experienced something beyond you, that could not be explained but only FELT!

Magic is for them not us! Having an object that is broken and visually restores it self without any attributes of our physical world helping it along, is beyond explanation for them. It truly is a moment of astonishment, that they can examine and even KEEP if they want.
Please save our art and become what you first loved about that moment of astonishment you FELT..for the first time.
JM
king2262
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of king2262
Quote:
On 2012-03-29 16:00, Justin N. Miller wrote:
It is such a shame to see magicians getting jaded and influenced by their own mind. The most dangerous place a magician can be is to think like a magician, and forget about what the audience experiences. Please do the art a favor before you kill it. go back to the first time you saw your first magical experience, not necessarily a magic effect. It could of been a sunset, the stars above, your first kiss, try to remember when you experienced something beyond you, that could not be explained but only FELT!

Magic is for them not us! Having an object that is broken and visually restores it self without any attributes of our physical world helping it along, is beyond explanation for them. It truly is a moment of astonishment, that they can examine and even KEEP if they want.
Please save our art and become what you first loved about that moment of astonishment you FELT..for the first time.
JM

Well said ...I think this effect looks great .
The first time I Watched the demo it made me feel like I felt when I first got into Magic.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
2875 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Quote:
On 2012-03-29 16:00, Justin N. Miller wrote:

JM

Great stuff, Justin. I am certain you may get brilliant reactions from this, and so will many. I know this isn't your product, but yours was the other release I was referring to. Richard Kaufman wrote a very intelligent post over on the Genii forum, and demonstrated how much potential it has. But let's face it, this won't work well for some, and there's no harm in saying so. The freedom pack, on the other hand, works very well for me. Thanks for that Smile
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2872 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
I'm really not sure why, but this just doesn't look magical to me. Maybe I'm getting too bogged down by methodology, but it just doesn't look right.
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Animate & Restore" by Jesse Feinberg and Paul Harris Presents (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.334487 seconds, requiring 92 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[9] [7] [6] [7] [5] [9] [8] [6] [8]