We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Self Bending Key - Ellusionist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
itsmagic
View Profile
Special user
middle earth
754 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
So glad I waited on the Shift Self Bending Fork, cuz a key is so much more practical and impromptu. What do you guys think?

Is it a worthwhile investment? Any negatives?
bobflyer
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of bobflyer
Looking forward to the reviews! Wonder if it has to be performed in a closed hand. Demo shows it visually bending but when performed it is revealed after the hand is opened.
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
811 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
I like the idea of having it on the key chain. I am also looking forward to hearing some reviews.
itsmagic
View Profile
Special user
middle earth
754 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Well, I'm gonna take the plunge and just placed order. So will let you know once I receive it.

After the bend, people will freak out and ask "How will you use key now? Bend it back!" Any thoughts on comebacks?
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1178 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Quote:
On 2012-03-30 10:27, itsmagic wrote:
Well, I'm gonna take the plunge and just placed order. So will let you know once I receive it.

After the bend, people will freak out and ask "How will you use key now? Bend it back!" Any thoughts on comebacks?

I think you'd better get it in your hands and see how it really works before coming up with a presentation.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
3930 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Review is right here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=109&14

Just a couple of pages back in this forum.

Jim
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
817 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
3930 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Oops! I posted the fork, not key... Sorry 'bout that... D:

Jim
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1489 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
I am very interested in this as well and eager to hear some personal feedback. I am also curious at the ease of reset wihtout the use of key straightening pharmaceuticals.

Dan.
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
If it works the same as the fork it will not need to be done in a closed hand. You will be able to do it with spec placing their finger in center of key and watch it visually happen. I "had" the fork. Very cool. But mine was defective & had to send it back & at that time had no replacements. I will end up purchasing the key as well. I too think key is much more practical. And is a better reason you need to take it back. Because it is YOUR key. If your bending just "any" fork why can't you just leave it. Quite hard to explain you can't leave your "impromptu" $200 bending fork with them.
Eddy
www.magicianslair.com
TheMagiciansLair@aol.com
HUGE source of magic Downloads on the Internet
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1179 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Reset time? I assume you still need a can of a certain something?

Ron
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2224 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Would like to hear some reviews. I seem to always be disappointed by Ellusionist
Twitter: @GSBKY and Author of "Inspired"
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4666 Posts

Profile of gdw
I REALLY like this with a key. Surprised we haven't seen this applied to keys before.
Silver ware always looked great, but did not usually feel organic to provide your own.
Using a key of your own, along with an expanded routine utilising borrowed keys, make introducing this gimmick VERY natural.
Do some other bends with their keys, finish with this, and they will remember an unbelievable experience.
March 22, 2011, our beautiful baby girl, Evelyn, was born.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

Man has evolved, "god" is extinct.

I won't forget you Robert.
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
Hopefully reading or writing my own soon.. Ordered the key yesterday. Will post more when I get it in.
Eddy
www.magicianslair.com
TheMagiciansLair@aol.com
HUGE source of magic Downloads on the Internet
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
John C
View Profile
Inner circle
The AMAZING and COMMERCIAL Chair Test
7590 Posts

Profile of John C
I like Andrew Garrards key routine. The effect is as if the key goes in the hand straight as well as signed and you can hand it out to keep. And repeat with no secret break. Most that have these special keys never rehearse a practical presentation cause they just want to go out and have people bend keys.

People want the key after it's bent but you can't leave it with them. Uh oh!

A 99$ piece for the drawer.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series:
www.professionalmagicroutines.com
25PERCENTOFF coupon until october 1, 2014
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
2085 Posts

Profile of jprace
This looks great! I will probably place my order soon.

Here are my concerns:
-The reset. Knowing the method of reset with the original Shift fork, it seems like a lot of work after each performance.
-If the key is in the spectator's hand, they might try to unbend it. I'm afraid that this will cause a defect in the memory metal.
The Silencer is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com

Catch me on YouTube
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
3930 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Audience management. Keep 'em close, naturally. And as soon as they open their hand and see the bent key, take it back to hold it up for all to see. Then don’t hand it out again till the next time. To be honest it would be tough for someone to start bending the key back without you seeing that they are doing something. Just don’t let them get that far!

I personally have never gone in for any of the bending props. Mainly because most of them have involved tableware and - as someone posted above - that's just not something you usually have in your pocket! And if you pretend that the utensil is from the restaurant you happen to be in you'll raise suspicions when you insist on taking the fork or whatever with you when you walk away. But I think I will be purchasing me one of these keys. Just looks too darn good to pass up - especially at this price!

Thanks!

Jim
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
2085 Posts

Profile of jprace
Well, I ordered mine.

But audience management can only get you so far. Especially for the high school seniors I often perform for...
The Silencer is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com

Catch me on YouTube
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
817 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
I think I am going to order this thing. My routine will be to knock em over with Coinvexed 2.0 then totally fry them with this!
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
mndude
View Profile
Special user
546 Posts

Profile of mndude
Quote:
On 2012-03-31 23:29, johncesta wrote:
I like Andrew Garrards key routine. The effect is as if the key goes in the hand straight as well as signed and you can hand it out to keep. And repeat with no secret break. Most that have these special keys never rehearse a practical presentation cause they just want to go out and have people bend keys.

People want the key after it's bent but you can't leave it with them. Uh oh!

A 99$ piece for the drawer.

It's your only key to your house, why would you give it away?
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1628 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Something tells me that this is going to turn out just another magical "toy" rather than impress your spectator that you have some psychic ability to bend metal.

Its a paradox.

If preesented as a special psychic ability what you've got here is a metal bending effect that is apparently very "clean" but can't face up to it IF really chalanged in court of a suspecting spectator.

If you present it as a magic trick, then that's all it remains. A TRICK.

Believe me, you've already got stuff in your drawers that will impress the spectator more than this new key bending effect.

Just my two cents worth folks.
A Magazine is a bunch of printed pages that tell you what's coming in the next issue.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
2498 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I was in a toy store looking for something for my grankids yesterday. I was amazed to see in the cheap magic section "Bending Spoon" Yes it was the same technology however, needing to be put in the fridge. The cost, $34.95. I was going to buy this but after seeing that? I think I need to move on to something less commercial. The material is obviously being mass marketed and the cost is coming right down.
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1178 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
I'm getting very curious to hear what people think of this once they get it and try it.
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2239 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I don't do much metal bending anymore for certain reasons but in some cases, giving away the key is a huge advantage. Now, I do think these types of gimmicks can have there place. For example, the way you frame the bending routine is key (no pun intended) you can show the key bending using the gaff then use your ungafed key to bend in their hand in which they can take with them. In the hands of the right performer (and if it works the way it's supposed to) this can can defenetly (IMO) enhance the performance. To add, I also feel that these types of gimmicks are better for stage/parlor performances rather then a one off impromptu "trick" that so many people seem to be looking for these days. I personally like Andrew gerrards routine and have always got great reactions out of it, not to mention, the routing is fantastic. johncesta makes some really good points as well, presentation is all with these types of effects and that's what really turns a trick into a mirrical.

Personally, I think I'll save $99 and use regular keys to pretty much create the same effect as the gaff does but I am looking forward to the reviews.

Darren
Twitter @darjames
Shinlimmagic
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Shinlimmagic
This looks amazing getting mine today
Shinlimmagic
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Shinlimmagic
This looks amazing getting mine today
mndude
View Profile
Special user
546 Posts

Profile of mndude
Quote:
On 2012-04-01 15:14, Mehtas wrote:
Something tells me that this is going to turn out just another magical "toy" rather than impress your spectator that you have some psychic ability to bend metal.

Its a paradox.

If preesented as a special psychic ability what you've got here is a metal bending effect that is apparently very "clean" but can't face up to it IF really chalanged in court of a suspecting spectator.

If you present it as a magic trick, then that's all it remains. A TRICK.

Believe me, you've already got stuff in your drawers that will impress the spectator more than this new key bending effect.

Just my two cents worth folks.

I imagine that if you pass on the key to a stooge in the area before you perform the trick and then pretend the key belongs to him or her, you'll greatly improve the reactions you get.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
1496 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I just Ordered it I have been waiting a long time for a key bend to come out without the F..... method also the price is fair !
itsmagic
View Profile
Special user
middle earth
754 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
The key just arrived today! Been sitting in mailbox heat all day, so key is already bent. From initial glance, the key looks like a normal key, but when you hold it, that's where the illusion disappears. First of all, it's too smooth and shiny (chrome color). Secondly the key is THIN! Doesn't feel like a regular house key...disappointed. Will check out video and play with it more before giving you all a review. Thanks.
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1628 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Quote:

On 2012-04-04 18:54, itsmagic wrote:

First of all, it's too smooth and shiny (chrome color). Secondly the key is THIN! Doesn't feel like a regular house key...disappointed. Will check out video and play with it more before giving you all a review. Thanks.

Those were my first thoughts when I saw the demo clip only.

Good chance this'll turn out to be just a scientific novelty before we move to the next "miracle".
A Magazine is a bunch of printed pages that tell you what's coming in the next issue.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Self Bending Key - Ellusionist (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.239116 seconds, requiring 92 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [3] [8] [8] [7] [4] [5] [4] [8]