The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Internet by Rocco? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2586 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Forget WiFi, Connect to the Internet Through Lightbulbs

Quote:
One German physicist, Harald Haas, has come up with a solution he calls “data through illumination”—taking the fiber out of fiber optics by sending data through an LED lightbulb that varies in intensity faster than the human eye can follow. It’s the same idea behind infrared remote controls, but far more powerful.

Haas says his invention, which he calls D-Light, can produce data rates faster than 10 megabits per second, which is speedier than your average broadband connection. He envisions a future where data for laptops, smartphones, and tablets is transmitted through the light in a room. And security would be a snap—if you can’t see the light, you can’t access the data.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1292 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I'll have to get a couple of them for my thumbs.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2387 Posts

Profile of critter
Why, with this I could pull a tiny ball of light out of my nose and bum!
"Courtesy is as much a mark of a gentleman as courage."
-Theodore Roosevelt

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Professor-Valeyard-and-Co-Magic-and-Juggling/258460854331694
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1292 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
You could also pull them out of someone elses......

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2387 Posts

Profile of critter
"Courtesy is as much a mark of a gentleman as courage."
-Theodore Roosevelt

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Professor-Valeyard-and-Co-Magic-and-Juggling/258460854331694
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1292 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
That's pretty funny....I missed that one.....used to watch SNL a lot more regularly.

Think of how much brighter the new ones will be with all those megabytes.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Internet by Rocco? (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.178593 seconds, requiring 32 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [5] [9] [3] [5] [4] [7] [4] [8]