The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Essential Magic Conference » » Last EMC? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MickNZ
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
576 Posts

Profile of MickNZ
I've heard that this will be the last EMC, is that true?
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
This is directly from the EMC's blog. " The Essential Magic Conference is back. Join us on the 27th, 28th and 29th of July for the third and final event in the Essential Magic Conference Trilogy."

I wasn't able to purchase the EMC last year but I have the first year and all I can say is. It was very much worth the fee. I heard that last years was even better. I'm sure this final installment well be even better. Sad to see that it won't be held in future years but I'm sure the over all expense is one of the factors that is keeping it as a trilogy. To anyone that doubted that an online convention could be any good I say you owe it to yourself to sign up this year and see how wrong you actually were.

To those that know how good it has been. Sign up and don't wait till it is too late then wish you had.
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1065 Posts

Profile of helder
The first 6 of 33 names are already announced: Bill Malone, Denis Behr, Armando Lucero, Paul Harris, Chris Kenner and Marco Tempest. Even if it's only these Im in.
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Check my Facebook group: Mentalism Secrets
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Quote:
On 2012-04-24 13:03, helder wrote:
The first 6 of 33 names are already announced: Bill Malone, Denis Behr, Armando Lucero, Paul Harris, Chris Kenner and Marco Tempest. Even if it's only these Im in.

Agree!
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
isis_izumi
View Profile
New user
Tokyo
50 Posts

Profile of isis_izumi
Quote:
On 2012-04-23 22:22, MickNZ wrote:

Right - according to my friend who went to Magic-Con in San Diego and there it had announced officially
MickNZ
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
576 Posts

Profile of MickNZ
Quote:
Having already confirmed that Bill Malone, Chris Kenner, Paul Harris, Armando Lucero, Denis Behr and Marco Tempest will join the EMC 2012 Line Up, there is no better time than now to watch previous years sessions, and get yourself signed up for the final Essential Magic Conference.

http://www.magicconventionguide.com/cate......ce-2012/
atucci
View Profile
Veteran user
Middleburg, Florida
381 Posts

Profile of atucci
Quote:
On 2012-04-23 22:22, MickNZ wrote:

It is. The problem is the organizers have lost a ton of money on the first two events. In edition to the logistical challenges of running a three-day event EMC has the online piece to consider as well. Each of the first two events had approximately 1000 paid subscribers which doesn't bring them close to break even.

If you'd like to see EMC continue spread the word. Rumor has it if they come close to breaking even or even making a profit EMC may continue. When you think about it for $100USD, even if you didn't tune in for any part of the live feed, you have the on-demand playback available almost immediately AND receive the DVD package a few months later.

It's really a bargain.
Tony Tuccillo

Middleburg, Florida
Astonish Inc
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Astonish Inc
I know $100 seems pretty steep for what is essentially a webinar. But, I cannot begin to stress the level of QUALITY, the BRILLIANCE of the speakers and the real VALUE, that unfortunately, is all to often looked over by some of our smaller minded members( Of the magic community itself)

But if you would like a quick VIDEO review I have one posed on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxRxQ9lgu7o

I hope that helps.

All the Best

Austin Albert
Stromberg
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Stromberg
Does anyone know why they want to end it at three? Seems like a strong enough of an idea to continue.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Did you read the comment two above yours?
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Dean Jones
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Dean Jones
I'd like to add my voice to those declareing this venture as awesome. I did it for the first time last year and felt I had my money's worth after the first session. I learnt so much, not just effects but about the buisness of magic, or how to create. I've since boaught the dvd's of the first years as well. I can't think of any magic dvd's or books that I have bought for the same cost that have improved my magic by even a tenth as much as the EMC did
p0testi0
View Profile
New user
Orland Hills, IL
10 Posts

Profile of p0testi0
The conference ended and said that "Phase 1" is now complete... and it mentions "Phase 2?" I'm sure there is something in store for us. I'm about a 3rd through all of the sessions and it is fantastic so far.
magicurt
View Profile
Loyal user
alabama
222 Posts

Profile of magicurt
The conference was incredible! I desperately hope they continue it in some form. This was my first and I will not miss another, EVER!
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
I am a bit late to post here but just wanted to use this thread to thank the EMC team for creating such an incredible event.

The event was phenomenal.

In my 30 years in magic I have never received so much value and paid so little. To learn during the conference that worldwide there were only 2000 registrants I had mixed feelings.

Disappointed that the lack of support may may have contributed to the end of this event. It is simply ridiculous how few people supported EMC.
Selfishly pleased that so few were able to access the information shared during the event.
Fortunate for being there while it lasted.
FARO FUNDAMENTALS, DETAILS OF DECEPTION and THE DEVIL'S STAIRCASE at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
2012 was my first EMC and WOW! I had no idea what I was missing! I have yet to finish watching all the sessions ( 6 out of 9 so far) but I agree I was never gotten so much and paid so little. I hope it continues in the future and I plan to go back and buy the DVDs from the previous 2 years as well.
AndyC
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of AndyC
I only got to watch the first few hours. But the insights gained on technique and performance are invaluable. Looking forward to watching the DVD and online. Great value and sorry it won't be repeated next year.
LoganPorterMagic
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of LoganPorterMagic
Do they offer the 'full package' of all EMCs anywhere?
mantel
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2016, LoganPorterMagic wrote:
Do they offer the 'full package' of all EMCs anywhere?

Yes, at http://essentialmagiccollection.com/bundles
RowB
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of RowB
Wish they did this again
MZadina
View Profile
New user
Vienna, Austria
4 Posts

Profile of MZadina
I have been a live guest at all EMCs ... they belong to the best projects in magic history and I can only recommend that you get the bundle.
There is so much interesting stuff and many of the best performers of our time.
Do yourself a favor and become an EMC fan!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Essential Magic Conference » » Last EMC? (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL