The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The October 2003 entrée: Joshua Jay » » I need your help » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joshua Jay
View Profile
V.I.P.
196 Posts

Profile of Joshua Jay
Okay...so I've been answering a lot of questions, but I've got a few of my own. As I've already alluded to, I'm working on a big project about playing cards and weird things you can do with them. And there are a few small holes in my research. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it very, very much. I'm warning you in advance that the information is weird...

I need to know the nutritional value of playing cards--I'm not joking. Does anyone know the effects of actually eating cards. They're high in fiber, right? Could you survive on playing cards in a bind?

I'm also looking for studies (not what one magician says from experience) on the most frequently named card. I want to know statistically what the most popular cards are...any help appreciated.

Finally, my friend Rick Smith recently set the world's record for longest throw, but I've lost his contact info. Does anyone know how far he threw the playing card to set the record?

Thanks in advance,

Joshua Jay
Stefan S.
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Stefan S.
Hi Josh,

concerning the most frequently named card, from my experiance it does differ a lot and depends on the persons background and also one the wording of the magician!
But here a list where I asked for their favorit card:
(in no particular order) QH, AH, KH, 7S and JH.

If asked a question about poker beforhand an ace was likly, there is another cardgame in germany where the jacks are trump so I was able to push people in that direction!

If you told them to be creativ and difficult there where manly sevens, threes and fours.

Hope that helps?
The rest I can not realy help you with, because I am not planing a diet on playing cards soon Smile But would be a cool new Blaine like stunt Smile

Greetings from Frankfurt

Stefan
Maky
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Maky
http://www.ricksmithjr.com/magic/cardThrowing.php
Quote:
Rick currently holds the Guiness World Record for distance playing card throwing. His record-breaking throw was an amazing 216 feet 4 inches, which topped the previous record by over 10 feet!
CardThrower
View Profile
New user
Cleveland, OH
18 Posts

Profile of CardThrower
Hey Josh, whats going on? Havent talked to you in a while. I hope all is going well give me an e-mail or call when you get a chance. My contact info is on my site at http://www.ricksmithjr.com

that's about the only question I know on your list. anyways ill catch you later Smile
MField2000
View Profile
Special user
Hastings, East Sussex, England
590 Posts

Profile of MField2000
Josh -- Nutritional value of playing cards? Food for the soul only, I'm afraid. Fiber has no nutritional value, it just keeps things moving along, if you know what I mean. MAybe the glue they use to biond the layers together -- but I'm not going to test it out. I prefer BLTs.

There have been many tries at "most popular card" reported, several in the Jinx. You might also check the Linking Ring index. (Sorry I can't go searching now -- I'm in the middle of some searches of my own for a project.)

It was great having you as special guest this month. Thanks for participating.

Matt Field
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The October 2003 entrée: Joshua Jay » » I need your help » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL