The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Deleting Cookies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Number One
View Profile
Regular user
Mike J Kelly
164 Posts

Profile of Number One
Hi,
When deleting Cookies in IE9, and restarting The Magic Café, all the coffee cups turn to red. I understand that the Posts Not Read i.e. Red Cups is controlled by Cookies.

Is there any way to stop The Magic Café Cookie being deleted when using the IE9 Delete Cookies Option.

Thanks
Smile Guess which hand the frog is in.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Mike, I'm not familiar with IE9 but when the Café cookies are deleted, the cups should all turn to white.
Where the magic begins
Number One
View Profile
Regular user
Mike J Kelly
164 Posts

Profile of Number One
Dave,

Sorry my mistake they all turn white.

I think there may be a method when Deleting Cookies, specified Cookies will not be deleted.

Thanks Mike
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Mike, if IE9 is like Firefox, it'll have an option for deleting individual cookies somewhere near the option to delete all cookies. If you want to delete all but one or two cookies, you could use that option, highlight all the cookies in the list, then Ctrl-click just the cookies you don't want to delete, so they're not highlighted when you hit "OK" (or "Delete" or whatever the button may be called).
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
Number One
View Profile
Regular user
Mike J Kelly
164 Posts

Profile of Number One
Found a way to retain 'The Magic Café Cookie', when deleting Cookies in IE9.
This may help other members:

In IE9 Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Sites > 'Add Address of Website i.e.' themagiccafe.com > Allow > OK

Mike.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Deleting Cookies (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL