The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Best coin effect? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
The Ike TUC doesn’t bother me much. After all I don’t often work with Ikes so it isn't that big a deal. He wasn’t yet making his Morgans when I bought this. What does bother me though is the Tango expanded shells; I have several and not one looks like a real coin! All stretched and flattened with very little relief if any. Even on the Kennedy sliding half-shell. I don’t buy much of anything there anymore.

Jim
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Misty Like a Dream by Kurtz

UWC is a great effect as well

Spellbound

Those are my three favorite effects to perform.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On 2012-06-22 15:13, ottphd wrote:
I like My Fly by Mb

Quote:
On 2012-06-25 22:17, Dougini wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-06-12 12:58, Mb217 wrote:
These are a few of my pet effects:

- ReVisiTed
- My Fly
- JumpMandu
- KrazyKoinZ Across
- Ike & Mike's Revenge

All of the above! Actually, MB's "Crimp Switch" (can I call it that?) is my favorite new tool. A coin changes in ONE HAND! I can do it with both hands, so a Half Dollar becomes an English Penny, then in the other hand it changes to a Chinese!

Best new coin stuff from Marion Boykin! Smile

Doug

Thanks guys, nice to even be mentioned/recognized amongst all these wonderful effects. Smile Most of mine don't use gaffs but many times I've been asked as to what kind of gaffs I'm using with some of these effects, most recently, "My Fly." Smile

WOW!!! I felt good as I responded, "None" and then most humbly, "Thank you." Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
California
498 Posts

Profile of Bambu
Gold Finger PLUS, is one of the effects I most like from Mb's Coin Magic downloads. I perform it when I have an opportunity. IMO it is one of the cleanest and best of all the Spellbound around; you are able to show openly that only one coin is used to turn a coin into a completely different coin.
PhanOFKards
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of PhanOFKards
Hey everyone I'm new here just wanted to add that one of my new favorite coin tricks is Alchemy by Ben Seidman, It's a beautiful Vanish/Change it's definitely a hard one to master but once you do it's a beautiful effect and keeps people wondering "How"??
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
Roths Coins Across using a shell, Eric Jones Oxyclean and Fire Coins Relit, TUC coins across is awesome, Chinese Charming Challenge (No Gaffs), and I am starting to really like Sanchez Fly by David Gabbay...Those so far are my favorite...Ive only been doing coin magic for a short time...I LOVE coin magic!
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
I'm familiar with Doc's CSB routine, what is Bob Sheets Miracle Move?
RyanAdams
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of RyanAdams
Guys,

Thanks for all the responses.
The links you have posted and effects recommended have re-ignited my love for coin magic....so thank you!

Trooper11040 - great shout with Charming Chinese Challenge. I have a set but totally forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me, will be using that this weekend!

I also picked up a coin unique a few weeks ago, and it is my new baby. It's just incredible. I recommend it to all.

Again, thanks for the feedback all!

Ryan
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
Charming Chinese Challenge--Using Todd Lassens Miracle Enjoyment set is absolutely gorgeous! Those coins are perfect!
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Quote:
On 2012-07-08 11:40, magicHart wrote:
I'm familiar with Doc's CSB routine, what is Bob Sheets Miracle Move?

If you are familiar with the routine, it is the move when Doc places the half-dollar in a (sort of) finger palm, turns his hand to show the coin is still there, then closes his hand in a fist and opens it and the foreign coins are there. A very magical moment...the miracle move.

I hasten to add that it is a special finger palm and well worth the low price of his booklet.

http://doceasonmagicshop.com/oscommerce/......g9d9lc11

Love this routine!

Andre
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
If you are working Stand-up no table You mite like my 3 coins to pocket Routine! The Frist hsndleing is in my double coin book! And the new Full set will be in the new DVD Set! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
My favorite "commercial" coin effect is Alchemist Phantasy with a sentisible introduction of the coin stack, but ..

my absolute favorites are any that take place in the spectaror's hand, between several spectators or where they place the functional coins in my hands. It isn't about the coins, but the familiarity of people with handling coins (or think they do) that allows for special miracles.

I have discovered that many renouned magicians have difficulty with controlling spectators in such situation which is this year's surprise, and that the concept of having a coin vanish from a spectator's hand is a forbidden land -- impossible to conceptualize. So, I will work on new effects in this area to share with you'all that could become your favorite.

How about having three coins on the table, two Silver and one Copper, selected/handled by the spectator/witness. They are handed the Copper to hold in hand over their heart "to keep warm" so that it changes to Silver like the others -- your hand shown empty after the placement. You are standing away from both spectator and table, but alas -- when they open their hand no coin is found. Oops! Magic is unpredictable. The Copper coin is back with its brothers on the table! PS -- the coins can be marked if desired, or done with the ungaffed partners of a CSB set.

Impossible? Improbable? Too risky? I'll write it up and make it available to any who are not afraid.

I used to do this with colored stones -- guess I can modify it for coins.

Watch for "Empty Fleight"
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
jedoonatmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
FL/residing temp. TX
228 Posts

Profile of jedoonatmagic
I like Karate coin (Eric Jones ver.), Charming Chinese with no extra coin Smile, and one of my pet routines using a Johnny wong Super Triple Smile
One for the money...., 2 for a pass..., 3 for a Fly..., and 4 for matrix!
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Jedoon, I'd be happy to hear more about your Super Triple Coin routine!
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Rampage
View Profile
New user
Florida
62 Posts

Profile of Rampage
I like Eric Jones Simplex 3 Fly and Ode to Latta. I always have a flipper and a shell with me.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Cigarette Through Half Dollar.
Lethal Tender.
Magnetic Copper Silver.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Triception coin set - great effects on dvd - excellent gaffs
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
John McLaughlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Gloucester, Massachusetts
393 Posts

Profile of John McLaughlin
Paul Wilson's Three Fly - The least expensive version I have and it's the best!
Roger Klause"s Coins Across - Not sure of the exact name...came from his "In Concert Book"
Spare Change
...NSA John McLaughlin, not CIA John McLaughlin
Warren-Peace
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Warren-Peace
My favorite to perform is 3 fly,but I love to watch hopping halves. I would love to find a Canadian version of hopping halves.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Warren-Peace, Im sure Todd Lassen, Schoolcraft or any other coin gaffer can make you one for a price but you get what you want and it will be top quality
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Best coin effect? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL