The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » The Man in the Bar (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
This is another lateral thinking puzzle. Some of you have probably heard of this one before, but if you haven't it can be truely frustrating. Remember, I can only answer yes/no/irrelevent.

The Man in the Bar

A man walks into a bar and asks the barman for a glass of water. The barman pulls out a gun and points it at the man. The man says 'Thank you' and walks out.

Why?
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Hic
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
If you're gonna give an answer then give a complete one please.

Yes, the man had hiccups and the barman noticed the hiccups when the man asked for water. The barman decided to scare the hiccups out of the man instead. It worked, so the man said thank you and walked out.
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
Alessandro Scotti
View Profile
Loyal user
Italy
263 Posts

Profile of Alessandro Scotti
At eleven in the morning a man enters into a bar and asks for a glass of water. While the bartender turns to tap the water he takes a gun out and robs the bar.

Then at four in the afternoon another man enters into a bar and asks for a glass of water. While the bartender turns to tap the water he takes a gun out and robs the bar again.

The man of the puzzle enters at eight of the same day. He really wants a glass of water but the bartender is a bit fed up of that. So he pulls out the gun first and the man thinks "Doh! This bartender is a madman, I'm glad I did not ask for wine." but on the spur of the moment he only says "Thank you" and leaves.

Ok, some other lateral thinking? Smile
Walk of Mind: the best source of bad magic
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
That bartender must like robbing the patrons of the bar.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Alessandro Scotti
View Profile
Loyal user
Italy
263 Posts

Profile of Alessandro Scotti
Actually the man formulates the question in a peculiar way and says: "It's boiling out there outside that even mosquitos have to take a nap. May I have a glass of water?"
Unfortunately, the bartender is a spy waiting another spy and this is just the pass-phrase he's been expecting.
BUT... the bartender is in fact a counter-spy so he takes out the gun to arrest the supposed spy and when the poor man tries to walk out he's shot dead.

The bartender is a magician.
He has one of those old guns with a "funnel" opening and has been working hard at his "glass of water from gun" production.
He finally has a chance to test it to a real audience so he turns and takes the gun to prepare the trick.
Unfortunately, the gimmick brokes when he's loading the glass! Improvising on the moment, he changes load and at the last second is able to fire at the customer one of those "BANG!" notices that says "Sorry, we only sell spirits here!"
Walk of Mind: the best source of bad magic
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
The barman was just about to staple a notice to the back of the bar which read
"Due to a problem with the mains water patrons are asked to use the newly installed water cooler by the cigarette machine". He had the notice in one hand and a staple gun in the other he also had a few spare staples held in his mouth. The fellow walked in and asked his Q. The barman couldn't talk because of the staples in his mouth so he pointed to the water cooler( just behind his head) with his staple gun.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » The Man in the Bar (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL