The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I.B.M. Youth » » SOMA is Sorcerers Safari Special Guest for summer 2012 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mike Segal
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
124 Posts

Profile of Mike Segal
The Special Guest at Sorcerers Safari Magic Camp this Summer is FISM Champion SOMA

Soma travels all the way from Budapest, Hungary to the Sorcerers Safari Summer Magic Camp in Ontario, Canada. (SOMA comes for the kids, but stays for the magic; "Love it," say Sorcerers Safari staffers.)

Toronto, Ontario. - June 18th, 2012 EST - Amidst rampant magic forum speculation, Sorcerers Safari Summer Magic Camp announced it is bringing in the FISM Grand Champion SOMA as the special guest at Magic Camp this summer.

With a long list of awards including Grand Prize at FISM, a cover of MAGIC magazine and a ton of great unpublished ideas ? SOMA has lots to offer the campers. SOMA is famous for his FISM winning telephone act, as well as sharing brilliant magic and music videos on YOUTUBE which have received international acclaim. Now imagine what it would be like to spend a camp session with this guy?!?

The inspiration for asking SOMA to spend time at magic camp, recalled Mike Segal, director of Sorcerers Safari, "Wayne Houchin and Shawn Farquhar mentioned that he simply loves magic and would be a perfect fit for camp and the kids," Segal said.

"And there is no better way to spend time immersed in the art of magic than with a FISM Grand Champion. He's awesome!"

The idea of having FISM personalities as special guests at camp is always one of the hot debates at the annual executive staff meetings. (Sorcerers Safari Summer Magic Camp chooses only the best of the best to come up as special guest.) After unanimously agreeing SOMA was a perfect fit, we asked and he gladly accepted.

"SOMA is going to have a great time up here, and so are all the campers and staff. Imagine all of the experiences he can recount about performing on the stage in Beijing where he won FISM, all the accolades and perks that have come with winning and the rest of all the legendary things he's done," said Sorcerers Safari five year veteran, Shawn Farquhar. "This is going to be Sorcerers Safari's fifteenth year in operation, and I can?t remember a time when everyone was so excited about a special guest like SOMA."

Farquhar adds, "I worked with SOMA very early in his career and it?s now nice to see him blossom into a powerful, artistic force. Having him at camp is a win-win for everyone. We welcome him to our camp family with open arms. Having Soma is like having a long-lost brother come up for the week. I love it!"

According to Mike Segal, Sorcerers Safari is growing exponentially with a high rate of return campers and return staff. With luck, Soma will love camp so much, he too, will return repeatedly.

Are you ages 8-21 or know someone who is and would benefit from a week at Sorcerers Safari? What are you doing August 28th through September 2nd? Learn more about attending Sorcerers Safari Magic Camp with SOMA this year - please visit:

http://sorcererssafari.ca/about/register......mp-2012/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I.B.M. Youth » » SOMA is Sorcerers Safari Special Guest for summer 2012 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL