The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Saying hello! And a question about something called Cerberus. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Blacksmith64
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Blacksmith64
Hey everyone!
I'm new to the forum but not to magic (well sort of). I used to perform at some outdoor and fringe festivals about 25 years ago, but life interrupted that (along with a driving need to make a living) and it's now that I'm getting slowly back into it. Mostly it's because of my son who is 12 and wants to learn about magic.
So I dug out my tricks (many of which were damaged here and there) and I've been teaching him what I know.

I have found that 25+ years of holding a hammer doesn't do much for your dexterity. So, I'm having to rely more and more on gaffed coins for the effects I want to perform.
I have quite a few gaffed coin effects including the old standby's like Scotch and Soda, Gin and Tonic, ect, I also got a nice Copper Silver Brass set from Tango magic (I couldn't afford the Rod Kuepper ones (though I have several of his items and they're great) and I'm seriously considering buying a Perfect Power 3 set soon.

I read about something called "Cerberus" by Todd Lassen. It's on his website, but I can't find a price for it. Nor has he replied to my email (though I imagine he's quite busy). Does anyone know if this effect is still for sale?

Thank you in advance for what I know will be many tedious, dumb questions from me, the world of magic has changed a LOT in the 25 years since I practiced this strange and wonderful art.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
3842 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi there Todd And I came Up With The Cerberus Gaff togeter! Smile I am not sure If He is going to make any more any time soon or not! Every time he changes from makeing one gaff To makeing something else He Has to retool! So most of the time He will make a run of one gaff, before going on to outher stuff! Right now he is Makeing a lot of Barbar stuff. So it an International Gaff Made with Silver Dollor Size Coins From 3 Places! And just the coins themself's Are not easy to come by!!! Todd only Has one Guy helping him And he only does the Easy stuff! Now in like 2 weeks or so Him wife Is going to be Back from China And will be Helping With the TON!!! Of E-Mails he gets everyday! Right now The best way To get ahold of him is to Call him! I can ask if he is going to be makeing any More Any time soon. Next time I go up to see him!
And if you are able to get one then I have A DVD out on it ! And it has 10 routines for the gaff. And s Soft bound book that has 3 routines for it in it! Smile Ok thanks so much!
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1221 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
There is no better authority on the Cerberus than the man who just posted, but I will just add that one of my favorite all time routines is in David's new Cerberus book. Although it only has three routines, they are all great.

As for the gaff, as it happens I actually have an extra set. I recently bought the newer version that Todd put out this year with the infinity edge. My old set is still great and there are only a few differences (you can ask Todd about it when you call him) and some folks prefer it without the infinity edge (John Mendoza, for one). After you talk to Todd and decide what you want to get, please feel free to PM me to discuss if you want to buy my extra set (particularly if Todd either doesn't have it in stock or won't be making them for a while).

Welcome to the Café!

Regards,

Alan

Oh, I forgot to mention - I got back into Magic because of my 10 year old grandson!
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
3842 Posts

Thanks Alan,
Yea I steal use and old set from years ago! There is nouthing wrong with them! Todd is just allways to Make things better! Smile
Blacksmith64
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Blacksmith64
Thank you SO much for replying. I've sent a PM as requested.
Glad to see everyone here is friendly and helpful to a new guy. Some forums, not so much.
itlust
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of itlust
Ive seen someone sell cerberus in "Lets make a magic deal" Smile
you can try it there
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
I got back into magic about 10 years ago because of my kids as well. Always loved magic even when I was away from it.

Alan, just curious. Why would the infinity edge not be preferred by some magi's?
webtech
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of webtech
Does anyone know if Todd is still making this gaff?
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
4587 Posts

Profile of bowers
You can call him and see when he might be making some some more of these.as bill said above he has to retool as he goes to making different gaffs.give him a call he will be happy to talk with you about it.
todd
webtech
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of webtech
Thanks Todd.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1221 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2012-07-05 05:26, Calvin Tong wrote:
I got back into magic about 10 years ago because of my kids as well. Always loved magic even when I was away from it.

Alan, just curious. Why would the infinity edge not be preferred by some magi's?

Cal,

I didn't see this post until just now. Sorry.

I don't want to speak for Mendoza, and I personally prefer the infinity edge, but there is a minor trade off in what shows and what doesn't show. I've tried to think of a way to respond to this that wouldn't completely disclose the nature of the gaff, but I can't. If anyone wants to pm me for more information, please feel free. Although I prefer the infinity edge, the difference is very minor. Both gaffs are extremely well made - the old method and the new.

Alan
webtech
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of webtech
I read somewhere, possibly his site that it takes 9 coins to make this gaff.
rogerpierre
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of rogerpierre
Mr. Neighbors, I have the new set and your booklet, and would love to get the DVD, but have not been able to find it anywhere.

Roger-Pierre
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
3842 Posts

Hi Roger,
I have them! P.M. Me for More Info!!! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Saying hello! And a question about something called Cerberus. (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.096694 seconds, requiring 36 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [5] [0] [1] [1] [3] [3] [9] [2]