The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Dynamo - Magician impossible Series 2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

*double-A-magic*
View Profile
Loyal user
Cheshire, England, UK
255 Posts

Profile of *double-A-magic*
Well, Dynamo's second series is underway, what does everyone think?

I was looking forward to it but was left feeling a little disappointed. I felt he used too many camera tricks and it was very much "magic for TV". Now I think there's a place for this kind of magic and let's face it a TV special is probably ideal but I feel there was too much of it. In his first series and also in Blaine TV specials they were predominantly "regular magic" with a sprinkling of either stooges or special effects. Here's hoping we see less of them as the series progresses.

Not all bad though, there was some good magic in there. Good use (maybe overuse!) of Pure Smoke and a nice "poker face" routine with a marked deck.

What did everyone else think?

AA
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice."
<BR>
<BR>- Joseph Dunninger -
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Same here, bit disappointed really. I did like the switch with the leaves though. A nice idea.

Danny
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Liked the second show much better than the first. Some real magic and some nice ideas too.

I wonder if the shows are themed....show 1: Look mr melty man, show 2: Borrowed object to impossible location.

Interested to see what show 3 brings.

Danny
dylmagic
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of dylmagic
Too many stooges my friends beaing laymons argue with me on that
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ill be the first to admit, that after watching the First episode of Season one I was left wanting, and I am in the states. After seeing the entire season ill be honest and say that it is a very good and entertaining show. Especially to promote and keep magic relevant. Im a fan, camera tricks or not its an entertaining show...
cheeky
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of cheeky
I used to like dynamo bfr, But now he seems to be using too many Stooges!
cheeky
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of cheeky
It is a good show, but use of stooges make it a waste.
TheMagicalMan
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of TheMagicalMan
Absoloutley loved it, there was barley any stooges, not because you got fooled by it, doesn't mean he used stooges....
promethee
View Profile
Regular user
France
125 Posts

Profile of promethee
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2015, TheMagicalMan wrote:
Absoloutley loved it, there was barley any stooges, not because you got fooled by it, doesn't mean he used stooges....

The ball levitation was funny, with the crowd of stooges, and the assistant caught red handed in the background Smile : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW9B7kgoLco
Levitation in Brazil : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKeOYbMGeWs
Ball catch : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTGh6d7xiM8
La fleur de l'illusion produit le fruit de la realite.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Dynamo - Magician impossible Series 2 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL