The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Seance music? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Snoogans
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Snoogans
Guys,
What do you recommend for seance music? I was thinking about some Midnight Syndicate.
http://www.midnightsyndicate.com/buymusic.htm

Your thoughts?
Thanks!

Wes
Frank Douglas
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Frank Douglas
Samuel Barber - >>>ADAGIO FOR STRINGS<<<

Cheers
Frank
Van Helmont
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of Van Helmont
Rothko Chapel - Morton Feldman
The Epiphany Before Christmas: this day (12/23/13) I leave the Café for good!
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I bought a cd made just for a seance from the original web site that sold bigger book of boo. I can't find the site at this minute, and I don't know why.

But it has opening music for your lecture, then a build up for the visitor, then it goes into the visitation of the spirit. And finally, the music goes into a closing of the seance.

I think that I only paid $15 USD.

Ray
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I don't do seances...but I perform a lot of "Paranormal" evenings. Have a look at iTunes for the artist name Nox Arcana. They've licensed a number of performers to use their music -- and it's very strong. I also use the theme from Rosemary's Baby -- which will really set the night on edge.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Any given music for Reiki will calm the audience and set the mood pre-show, before the other spooky show music starts.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
No music. Total silence for 10 minutes when my music box starts playing Jack and Jill. I just need to work out how to get the music box to do this.
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Symphonic Holocaust, morte macabbre

Danse Macabre

Jigoku Shoujo OST - Kioku

Abhean :: Bone Registry
TH1
View Profile
Special user
Zombies beware! I have your heads on
590 Posts

Profile of TH1
Almost all of the music I use is from Midnight Syndicate. I have nearly all of their CDs, and can always find something that fits the mood. The best part is that they are "royalty-free", in that if you 1) buy the CD, 2) register your "haunted attraction" with them each year, and 3) display a poster they provide you that indicates the attraction/act features their music.
Beware of evil spirits...and depleted batteries! Smile
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Quote:
On 2012-07-09 13:47, Joshua J wrote:
No music. Total silence for 10 minutes when my music box starts playing Jack and Jill. I just need to work out how to get the music box to do this.

Just record the music box and play the recording when you want it.
Snoogans
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Snoogans
Quote:
On 2012-07-09 20:54, TH1 wrote:
Almost all of the music I use is from Midnight Syndicate. I have nearly all of their CDs, and can always find something that fits the mood. The best part is that they are "royalty-free", in that if you 1) buy the CD, 2) register your "haunted attraction" with them each year, and 3) display a poster they provide you that indicates the attraction/act features their music.

I downloaded "The 13th Hour" last night and I'm hooked! Midnight Syndicate rules!
TH1
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of TH1
By the way, if you own a Mac, Garage Band (comes "free" with a mac) is an excellent program for editing music in case you need to extend the cut, or wish to loop a section, or overlay some ghostly sounds onto the music.
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
You have to clarify what type of seance you are performing, the 'set and setting,' your audience (including average age for users of HSWT) and what the music will be used for to get a helpful answer.

The music you linked to looks cool, it's similar to some music I got for a one-man bizarre play (sadly never realized), but I would never play anything like it in the types of seance that I do. Which leads me to assume you're doing a different type.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Quote:
On 2012-07-09 23:05, dmkraig wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-07-09 13:47, Joshua J wrote:

Just record the music box and play the recording when you want it.

I have tried that way before, which is fine in darkness, but I would like to make one up with the noise coming from inside at some point.
GeoffreyD
View Profile
Loyal user
Canberra, Australia
244 Posts

Profile of GeoffreyD
Quote:

Note that the above only works if you are running a haunted attraction.
Antything else and it is not royalty free.
Cheers
Geoffrey
www.dark-myst.com.au
Snoogans
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Snoogans
Quote:
On 2012-07-11 04:03, seadog93 wrote:
You have to clarify what type of seance you are performing, the 'set and setting,' your audience (including average age for users of HSWT) and what the music will be used for to get a helpful answer.

The music you linked to looks cool, it's similar to some music I got for a one-man bizarre play (sadly never realized), but I would never play anything like it in the types of seance that I do. Which leads me to assume you're doing a different type.

Actually I'm still gathering books, props, ideas for the setting, etc. I plan on taking a couple of years to learn and practice before doing a seance.
vanitywilde
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of vanitywilde
I use Nox Arcana. You cant go wrong with them or Midnight Syndicate.

Vanity
TH1
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of TH1
Quote:
On 2012-07-12 02:41, Geoffrey Darkholme wrote:
Quote:

Note that the above only works if you are running a haunted attraction.
Antything else and it is not royalty free.

Not necessarily.

I exchanged emails w/ Midnight Syndicate to clarify this point, and explained that my performances were not a "haunted attraction" in the sense I assumed they intended the term. They nonetheless posted me on their list of Haunted Attractions and sent me the poster that I'm to display at my performances. Granted, I do my performances soley to raise money for a couple of 501(c)3's, so perhaps they made an exception soley on those grounds?
Atticus R. Cane
View Profile
Regular user
since Mar 15, 2007 and still only
181 Posts

Profile of Atticus R. Cane
Here is a good link that might help somebody.

http://www.neosounds.com/

Buy once, use forever royalty free music.

also, check out Two Steps From Hell and the Delerium Archives
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Seance music? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL