The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Thought Association Card (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi All,

I don't want this to sound like a mutual admiration society, but I have to say that it's been a real pleasure working with Atlas. From his first contact with me, Atlas demonstrated he was a man of integrity with a very creative mind (and just downright friendly). I had no second thoughts about agreeing to his proposal when I heard what he wanted to do and I think that those who have "The Real Thing" Book Test know why (he even re-worked his book so that he could provide an exclusive routine for TAC users!). By combining the two methods, Atlas has created a devastating routine to fry the minds of your volunteers.

I wish all the best to come his way.

Regards, Steve
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I am looking forward to reading what others have come up with using TAC. The book test sounds really cool and is on my to get list!

I have only use the original TAC list and will just go straight into plan B if I need to.

I am trying to use my pendulum in this and have a couple of ideas that I am working on.

Best
Ray
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Ray,

I know those who perform stage or parlor are going to love your contributions to the supplement. I can't wait, especially, to hear some feedback on "Scrawl" Smile

Regards, Steve
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-03-08 17:35, yachanin wrote:
Hi Ray,

I know those who perform stage or parlor are going to love your contributions to the supplement. I can't wait, especially, to hear some feedback on "Scrawl" Smile

Regards, Steve

Hi Steve,
It will be fun to hear what others have to say about the stage/platform routines. TAC seems to be taking on a life of it's own with all the ideas, bits and routines that people keep thinking of. TAC has added so much to my close up mentalism.

Best
Ray
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
T A C
The effect that keeps on giving.

What are we on now.... Supplement 2?
And there's more to come I'll wager.

Anyone who doesn't have this by now should grab it with both hands.

Steve
Lar
View Profile
Veteran user
New Port Richey, FL
318 Posts

Profile of Lar
I just received the latest addendum to TAC and I want to congratulate Steve for another job well done.

With so many new ideas it speaks volumes for the versatility of the effect.

I can only imagine the time and effort it takes Steve to compile all this stuff. His dedication and ongoing support for TAC by periodically releasing these addendum's is to be applauded.

Regards,

Laurence.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi All,

The second supplement to Thought Association Card is completed and I've just finished sending the manuscript out to everyone. If you haven't received it yet, please look in your "junk" or "spam" folder (this has happened a number of times before). The file is a little over 3MB, so if your email provider has a limit on attachments and it didn't come through, let me know and I can send a PDF of just the second supplement.

I would like to again thank all the contributors to the second supplement and to all the TAC performers who have shown so much support and have shared their experiences with me. I know you'll enjoy the ideas and presentations in the second supplement and will likely incorporate several of them in your presentations.

Regards, Steve
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi All,

I received an email from an individual indicating the attachment didn't arrive. Please contact me if you encountered this so that I can try again Smile

Regards, Steve
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Well, I received the supplement and have read through it. I am flatly impressed. Each contribution to this was useful and I am impressed by the thinking, every bit of which is workable.

Whoever that anonymous contributor was - I like what you came up with very much! Both from the front design of the card, to the method by which the number is chosen, that is some fine thinking!

Laurence Morland, GREAT idea! I love the introduction of the business card here, it is such a simple idea but will guarantee that the card is kept and looked at.

Joshua Quinn, fantastic substitution there - I plan on using it, and I think this sort of thing serves to demonstrate that this can easily become a 'jazz' type of performance where improvisation is a byword.

Stephen Young, I will never - NEVER - let you show me anything when we finally shake hands. I don't feel safe.

A short paragraph from John Taylor contains incredible potential. The means of getting them to come up with the word on their own is both subtle and crafty.

Mike Draganic's ploy is as clean as you can get and makes for a great anytime, anywhere, ungimmicked book test! This is another one that I will use.

Laurence Hookway. Sickening. I ran this one successfully all day today. It is just so implausible that it is sickening. HOW could THAT possibly work?!? And how could anyone think of that! This was just plain amazing - that's all I am going to say.

And, of course, Ray Noble's work sparkles (I know him a little bit, and I suspected it would). I personally loved 'The Stream of Thought'.

This is a fantastic supplement, worthy of a lot of attention, and I look forward to seeing what other ideas come from Steve's TAC!

Best,

Atlas
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Don't worry Atlas, I'm perfectly safe, well now that they've taken all my pointy pencils away.

A great big thank you to Steve and all who contributed to TAC
This is one of the great things to have come out last year and it's still evolving

I already have something ready to go into supplement three.

steve
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-03-12 07:09, Stephen Young wrote: (IN PART)

I already have something ready to go into supplement three.

steve

I know what you mean! I already have three ideas kicking around in my head that I am really starting to like. Will this thing EVER end? LOL

Best
Ray
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
$15 is a bargain for an effect that has sent ever-expanding ripples of creativity through the community.
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi MatCult,

You've touched on the most gratifying aspect of this whole experience for me... that this little card has stimulated so many wonderful ideas by so many creative people, and It has been my pleasure getting to know them better.

Atlas is dead-on with his descriptions of the contributions for the second supplement (but too modest to mention his own wonderful contribution... his "crossover" with TAC and his own "The Real Thing" Book Test is just too cool). I have Anonymous' card front on my "gender-friendly" version in my wallet and it works like a charm, and, yes, Laurence Hookway's idea is nearly unbelievable that it works (I'm thinking about presenting it with an "Illuminati" background story).

I'm very interested to hear what other TAC performers think of the second supplement and hope they will add their comments to the discussion.

If Stephen Young's idea is any indication of other ideas that get sent in for a third supplement, we're ALL in for a treat!

Regards, Steve
Dr Weevil
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of Dr Weevil
Many thanks to Steve and everyone else included in this supplement. TAC was great anyway, and now it's even better! In particular, Ray Noble's section has some thought-provoking presentational ideas that could also be applied to other routines.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-03-12 15:55, Dr Weevil wrote:
Many thanks to Steve and everyone else included in this supplement. TAC was great anyway, and now it's even better! In particular, Ray Noble's section has some thought-provoking presentational ideas that could also be applied to other routines.

Dr Weevil,
I am glad that you liked my presentations. They are FUN to do also!

Best
Ray Noble
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Dr. Weevil,

I'm so glad you are enjoying the second supplement. Ray never ceases to amaze me with the ideas that are just "kicking around [his] head." Smile

Regards, Steve
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Well, having put some of this new material to the test over the last few days, I have to reiterate how impressed I am with it. I saw on another thread that someone had purchased the Thought Association Card and wasn't sure if they would use it - this was after a quick glance at the method.

My advice to any new purchaser is that this effort is unique in the fact that as you read the TAC text from beginning to end, you can see an evolution of the process, adding tremendous versatility and scope for adaptation.

So, if you don't love it from the start, that is fine - keep reading and you will see how some clever clog tweaked what was happening (which is easy to do) and you will find something that fits your style and mode of thinking.

I think this is such a big part of why so many people love this.

Best,

Atlas
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I have a whole bunch of ideas for this that I intended to get to Steve for the supplement but didn't get them typed up in time. I still have to read the supplement as others may have already had some of those ideas. If not I will get them typed up in time for the next supplement. For $15 you don't just get an effect you get a world of possibilities.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Atlas,

Watching TAC evolve as individuals have contributed their ideas has been the most fun for me. I could never have imagined...

Hi Mark,

I'll keep an eye out for your ideas. I've already received several others and it's always exciting to see what comes in next Smile

Regards, Steve
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi All,

I wanted to share the review of "Thought Association Card" from Jheff at "Marketplace of the Mind" and to thank him for taking the time to share his thoughts.

http://www.marketplaceofthemind.com/thouasso.html

I hope all the TAC performers out there are having a blast frying some minds Smile

Regards, Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Thought Association Card (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL