The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Best trick to do that's 100% improvised (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Not long ago, I was at a small town country store here in Maine. Just for the heck of it, I took a pencil out of the cup by the cash register, made sure everyone was watching and did flip stick. That's all it took. Those folks had never seen anything like it!

I really like it when I run into people that heve never seen magic done live and in person. Just a single coin can make your reputation! Smile

Doug
ropeadope
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
453 Posts

Profile of ropeadope
Here`s one that can send people into temporary shock! Can be done in a birthday suit and uses no props. Try it in a
swimming pool with only you and a spectator (victim).

How about the old simple trick where you touch the closed eyes of victim with a tip of both forefingers. Of course
they feel both hands touching their closed eyelids & yet, from somewhere, a ghostly hand (or something) touches them on the shoulder!

Have fun with this one.
John
Nothing is better than more.
ropeadope
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
453 Posts

Profile of ropeadope
How about ashes through palm?

John
Nothing is better than more.
nathanmorris
View Profile
New user
UK
56 Posts

Profile of nathanmorris
The toxic force or anti grav coin, or maybe a ring on string with a shoelace
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
Recapped
Robbie_Parris
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Robbie_Parris
Quote:
On 2012-08-22 19:23, Braaainz wrote:
Slydini Toilet Paper Trick (well, it's impressive to the participant at least Smile )
Pen thru dollar bill - uses pen, dollar bill, napkin with 2 sec prep
Disappearing salt shaker - uses quarter, napkin and salt shaker
Pouring sugar from sugar packet into fist and then vanishing it - uses sugar packet and 3 sec prep.
Zombie routine using fork, knife, roll, and napkin - 4 second prep time

I love this idea for a zombie routine! I can see how it would work fairly well to. Great idea!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On 2013-02-19 07:22, Robbie_Parris wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-08-22 19:23, Braaainz wrote:
Slydini Toilet Paper Trick (well, it's impressive to the participant at least Smile )
Pen thru dollar bill - uses pen, dollar bill, napkin with 2 sec prep
Disappearing salt shaker - uses quarter, napkin and salt shaker
Pouring sugar from sugar packet into fist and then vanishing it - uses sugar packet and 3 sec prep.
Zombie routine using fork, knife, roll, and napkin - 4 second prep time

I love this idea for a zombie routine! I can see how it would work fairly well to. Great idea!

THE ZOMBI WITH A DINNER ROLL AND A FORK WAS FIRST PUBLISHED BY KARRELL FOX IN THE "PHOENIX" IN THE EARLY '50s.

The Boy Scout motto is 'BE PREPARED'. Anyone who calls himself a magician, must be prepared, too!

The skills you carry in your head are a lot lighter than props in your pocket!

I like many of the posts above.

But a TT in your pocket is a darn useful thing to have!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Mad Mage
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Mad Mage
As I am married I always have my ring. Divorce routine by Justin Miller, Finger hoping ring (A thimble move), Coin thru Hand, Coin thru Table, 3/4 across (Gregory Wilson), Winged Silver, A Questionable Trick (Gregory Wilson) Slydini's Flight of the paper Balls, Credit Card Vanish (Tenkai method), Revelation, Watch Routine (Richard Osterlind), Magic Square, This or That (Banachek) Torn and restored Napkin, If Rubber Bands are available (I usually have them) Craxy Man's Cuff's, Pinnacle, Master Link, Traveling Cash, Canniable Bands, Great Divide (Joe Rindfleish), Rubber band through thumb. That is with Coins, a ring, business cards, a pen, paper, and rubber bands. There are more effects, but you get the idea. I got tired of being caught unprepared at parties and social gatherings.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I do Disjointed.

Really. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
You can do lots with an Iphone..yours or theirs..
and of course, some rubber bands on your wrist
go a long way as stated above...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
AngeloAces
View Profile
New user
Brooklyn New York
54 Posts

Profile of AngeloAces
Quote:
On 2013-06-21 08:47, joseph wrote:
You can do lots with an Iphone..yours or theirs..
and of course, some rubber bands on your wrist
go a long way as stated above...

Anything using the spectators Iphone is amazing...Swipeit by Jose Prager comes to mind as the principle can be used for many things with the spectators Iphone.
Oberon_Puck
View Profile
New user
The Berkshiers
28 Posts

Profile of Oberon_Puck
I've never really worried about doing a "Best trick to do that's 100% improvised" because God willing you practiced whatever effect you plan on doing before showing it to people, so its not improvised because you've practiced it to the point where you can do it without thinking about it.

But I'm being a touch pedantic I feel.

Simple vanishes and productions with someone's barrowed ring are grand.
Coin magic is usually a hit, I'm rather found of Fading Coin by Tomoyuki Takahashi, its on one of Eugene Burgers DVD's and it get wonderful reactions.

But really, just throw a TT into you pocket before you leave the house and your set to amaze.
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
If I have nothing on me, I do the Bottlecap Matrix. It kills and
all you need are 5 same looking Caps and a good classic Palm.

2 Coin Routine.

Paperballs over the Head with a few Napkins.
some Spoon Bends with borrowed Tea Spoons.
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST, STEEL Stage Version,
X-RAY Stage Version
http://rasmusmagic.ch
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Day of the week for any date - it involves them by using their birthday or other special day, and most people can use their own phone to verify your claimed day of the week (Wolfram|Alpha is usually of great help here).
RandyK
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of RandyK
I would do some mentalism with Banacheck's universal drawing.
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
That's why I like coins. Someone always has them.
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
Dick is right though. A good magician is like a good boy scout- always prepared. My wallet is always full of tricks as is my keychain. Seems impromptu enough to pull a $5 and a $1 out of your wallet and perform a miracle. But if I didn't have that- I'm sticking with Recapped.
magicgerry06
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
132 Posts

Profile of magicgerry06
I hate to do my own publicity but Nobody knows me anyway ! my "Coin Games" or "Yin Yang" tricks for instance are so much fun and I need nothing.
The simplest plots you can do everyday and naked on the beach...
Gerard ZITTA
http://www.untouchedmagic.com
"If Magic be the food of love, play on..."
Nate The Magician
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of Nate The Magician
I personally break out the ol' mentalism routine, then move into coins across with some borrowed quarters, occasionally I do the Cups and Balls with a few starbucks cups and some crumpled napkins.
If all else fails, you can always do the "Oh, look I can pull of my thumb!" trick.
nytaylor21
View Profile
New user
Utah
55 Posts

Profile of nytaylor21
Wow, I'm always impressed with how many tricks show up in these kinds of threads, that I've never heard of!! I definitely have some searching and studying to do! Thanks for all the new ideas!

As for me, sleight of hand has always served me well in any situation. Someone ALWAYS has coins. Except when they don't. In which case any small object will work.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Best trick to do that's 100% improvised (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL