The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tom Wright's SERIAL New Mentalism Effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
I think its a moot point the trick being exposed. A) how many people in the uk will have seen this? B) the trick is so simple to reverse engineer, its irrelevent. I know people will say they wont and I'm sure some wont, but I bet tons do. Of course you've created that moment of wonder by then so it doesn't matter.
Dogsbody_D
View Profile
New user
UK
48 Posts

Profile of Dogsbody_D
From THE TWITTERS

David Meade ‏@DavidMeadeLive

"It's a fairly well known bar bet in uni's here. Someone's selling it? That's hilarious!"

"by the end if the year everyone in my course knew it/was doing it as a party piece. It's in public domain here."
dp
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of dp
Thank you guys for bringing this to our attention.

We would just like to first reiterate that Serial was an independent creation of Tom Wright with extra scripting by David Penn.

Whilst anyone can claim they came up with something independently and have been performing something for a long time, this seems like a stretch to us.

The scripting is almost identical.

The handling is almost identical.

If it is public domain and people have been performing it for years like Mr Mead has apparently said publically on his twitter, it should be easy for him to prove. And when we say prove, I don’t think a few of his mates saying they saw him do it, will really hold up.

Some people are so desperate for material for TV shows they will stoop to any level to fill air time and be a star, and some of them don’t wear masks.

Perhaps someone could post on Mr Mead’s Twitter and ask him if he is prepared to clear this up with a little more than hearsay for a defence.

We will give Mr Mead the chance to respond and then we will have to deal with this privately.

Thanks once again for bringing this to our attention.

David Penn and Tom Wright
Close Up Magician & Illusionist - David Penn

Search The Wizard Product Review at http://www.worldmagicshop.com
de rome
View Profile
New user
UK/NORWAY
71 Posts

Profile of de rome
I was the person that sent David and Tom a Private video you tube link to the exposure.
as to tell you the truth when I saw David Meade perform it on TV I thought he did a great job with it, and totally had everyone in the audience baffled, THEN he ruined it by exposing the simple secret, The exposure did not add anything to the effect and actually cheapened the whole show, a real shame as It was not needed in this case.
also its not fair on all the magicians out there who have actually laid out good cash to learn it,
lucky its just on Irish TV and not mainstream TV, but still a shame that someone who has managed to get his own TV show, can come down so low and have to resort to exposure for no reason what so ever.
you will never find a better quality HEAT / HOTSPOT / HYPNO HEAT as mine anywhere else, ITS REALLY GOOD... here is a link to the effect NEW WEB SITE AND TO ORDER
http://www.cdrmagic.com/heat
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
881 Posts

Profile of boydy
Sad
Dogsbody_D
View Profile
New user
UK
48 Posts

Profile of Dogsbody_D
It did seem similar in more ways than one... but my suspicions are not evidence.

I was gutted enough that the broadcast performance of the trick tipped the method before he exposed it totally...

It's a weird one, because there's plenty of strong material in his shows.
Dogsbody_D
View Profile
New user
UK
48 Posts

Profile of Dogsbody_D
If a mod wanted to remove the links I posted I woulnd't mind.

The links will expire on 11:04PM Wed, 12 Dec 2012 anyway.

(Can we not edit posts?)
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
It was northern Irish tv

If you show people enough like that they realise that his strange holding hands bit was all fake too- before long they are second guessing everything

I have never heard of it, coming from where the show is filmed - went to the local university, nobody has ever mentioned it or showed me it, nor had I heard of it in this fashion until the serial effect here

My question earlier in the thread about using our local bank notes didn't seem to hold either - a Bank of England £5 was used
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
Dogsbody_D
View Profile
New user
UK
48 Posts

Profile of Dogsbody_D
Quote:
On 2012-11-23 10:46, dp wrote:
Perhaps someone could post on Mr Mead’s Twitter and ask him if he is prepared to clear this up with a little more than hearsay for a defence.

Hey aren't you supposed to be using Twitter more? :-D ;-)

It's David Meade ‏@DavidMeadeLive
Dogsbody_D
View Profile
New user
UK
48 Posts

Profile of Dogsbody_D
Derren Brown has just promoted David Meade on the Twitters :-S David links to his iplayer show.
Oh wells, I'm sure most people who see it will forget how it's done anyway.

(I miss Simon Day's voiceover btw)
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Apparently everyone already knows it anyway
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Nice
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tom Wright's SERIAL New Mentalism Effect (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL