The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » JB Magic's X-Act (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
If you haven't seen this incredible card trick from Mark Mason and company, you will in the upcoming weeks. He sold out at FISM and also at the SAM convention in a day and a half. David Copperfield was so impressed he bought two. It is essentially a card prediction and the spectator names any number of cards to deal down to revealing the matched card. Mark makes these decks himself and the mechanics of the trick is quite impressive. This trick fried a lot of magicians at the SAM convention and of course everyone shown bought a deck. I do not believe this is on his website yet but members were tipped off by email on it arrival. This will be the hottest thing since Extractor. Look for it soon.
MuscleMagic
View Profile
Special user
794 Posts

Profile of MuscleMagic
If Anyone has a link please share
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
747 Posts

Profile of carlwag
Had it a few weeks now it is a real killer trick and magician fooler too , well it was at fism
magiclee
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magiclee
Is "X-ACT" the same as "ADDICT" by Wayne Dobson?

magiclee
magicphill
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of magicphill
Any trailers for this yet ?
Mike Kirby
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Mike Kirby
Quote:
On 2012-07-26 13:55, magiclee wrote:

magiclee

It is not the same. Does not use the wallet.
Xpilot
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
464 Posts

Profile of Xpilot
Quote:
On 2012-07-26 13:55, magiclee wrote:

The effect is pretty much the same. You have a prediction- they select (by counting down to) a card, the prediction matches.
Mike Kirby
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Mike Kirby
It is a any card at any number effect true. The method is completely different.
magicphill
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of magicphill
Seems I was lucky to pick this up

Although I haven't yet tried it or set it up there is some clever thinking here. It looks very clean and it's easy to do

Some points to note yes it does involve some maths though certainly not anything difficult or anything that wouldn't be involved in any other Card at any number effect. Any number can be chosen apart from 52 which is easily handled by stating a number between 1 and 52. What I like about this is that there is no awkward handling of the deck the cards are simply dumped from the box onto the table and the number counted to. You are presented with two handlings of which the 2nd is probably best as the prediction card is on the spectators hand at the start so there is no suspicion that it could be manipulated. Be aware that you will need to purchase some extras for this 2nd handling if you don't already have them in your collection of cards but nothing that will break the bank.
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
Let's see.....
We have x-act
We have addict
We have insane from theory 11 with Andy Nyman

All the same, all different? Same basic effect, no wonder we 're all broke........ How do you decide?
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Watch the videos when they are posted magicHart and then decide which would fit your style of magic. I have all 3 and they each have a purpose in my close up routines. To say which is the best, that's a tough question. As magicphill says, "there is some clever thinking here" with X-Act.
Stefan O.
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Stefan O.
Actually it is not Any Card at Any Number but Card at Any Number, as the prediction is in view from the beginning and spec only calls out any number - but still very strong Smile
EXCLUSIVE MENTALISM PRODUCTS - Check out Stefan's original routines!

http://shop.stefanmagie.de
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On 2012-07-27 21:34, magicHart wrote:
Let's see.....
We have x-act
We have addict
We have insane from theory 11 with Andy Nyman

All the same, all different? Same basic effect, no wonder we 're all broke........ How do you decide?

I decided on insane. Why? Just looks so clean and having the specs inspect the deck beforehand is a huge plus for me.
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
At this point in time, x-act is not available anywhere, sold out at fism and the sam convention in las vegas which ended a few days ago. Sent an email to Mark who replied that
they would again be available in about a week.
gimmickless
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of gimmickless
I have this. this is so similar to The Grail. little bader.
I give this trick 2 stars of 10.
one of the worst purchase this year.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On 2012-08-08 06:35, gimmickless wrote:

What did you a expect, it's a caan so it's bound to be similar. I think you are in the minority about how good this is.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On 2012-08-08 06:35, gimmickless wrote:

Thanks for the info. I have the grail so will deffo pass on this.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I would agree with rowland on this...gimmickless is one of the few who don't seem to like it. It's somewhat
similar to Grail (which I have) but nowhere "so similar". I would choose X-Act over Grail any day.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Tom, or anyone who has both, do you have the fiddly bit whilst taking the cards out of the deck with X act?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » JB Magic's X-Act (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL