The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Interlaced Vanish (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Hi all,

Working on the Interlaced Vanish plot, already used Denis Behr's great archive, but please can you guys suggest some more variations to study?

Best,

Kyle
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
864 Posts

Profile of Leo Reynolds Jr
Interlaced Swindle by David Williamson in Williamson's Wonders (1989)
Malone Meets Marlo volume 2

Best
Leo Jr
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
The very first routine, the cover item, of the very first issue of APOCALYPSE - January 1978 - is Paul Harris's Interlace Vanish. Harry L.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Thanks guys for the help! Please keep the suggestions coming!
Ronald72
View Profile
Loyal user
Holland
249 Posts

Profile of Ronald72
Hi Kyle,

I am interested in your thinking (if you like to share). I also put in some work in the interlaced vanish. My bron is Malone meets Marlo. I had in mind as an variation/ending on Canibal Cards. But I experience so much extra handling (almost fumbling) that it feels on natural (for example picking up the deck for no reason but have to ditch off some cards). Technical things like that.

Waht are your thoughts on this?

Very nice to see someone also dive into this plot Smile

best regards,
Ronald
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Quote:
On 2012-07-27 06:41, Ronald72 wrote:
Hi Kyle,

I am interested in your thinking (if you like to share). I also put in some work in the interlaced vanish. My bron is Malone meets Marlo. I had in mind as an variation/ending on Canibal Cards. But I experience so much extra handling (almost fumbling) that it feels on natural (for example picking up the deck for no reason but have to ditch off some cards). Technical things like that.

Waht are your thoughts on this?

Very nice to see someone also dive into this plot Smile

best regards,
Ronald

Hey Ronald,

Thanks! I echo your thoughts with going back to the deck being quite annoying, so I am trying to find a version without that Smile Phil Goldstein's Choice Flesh is nice because it doesn't need you to go back to the deck, although I feel it uses a certain move at a 'heated' time. I am actually working on this plot for the next month, because I am considering starting a new monthly project, here's the cover: http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t398......line.jpg

I am going to work on the same plot, reading and citing many references (hence why I am asking for some more versions of the routine in print) and then kind of give an account of the versions I come up with, hopefully showing improvement and coming up with a final version. It is based on this weekly article in the UK newspaper, the Guardian - http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/w......te-sauce
The author of this looks at many variations of a certain recipe, and then comes up with a final one. I hope to achieve a similar thing, but for magic!
I'll try to PM you my first idea soon, which needs improvement, but hopefully this is what I will show!

Thanks,

Kyle
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
David Williamson has a great version that's failry easy to do and super convincing. I think it's in hiw Williamson's Wonders book.

Caleb
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2012-07-26 18:15, Leo Reynolds Jr wrote:
Interlaced Swindle by David Williamson in Williamson's Wonders (1989)
Malone Meets Marlo volume 2

Best
Leo Jr

Thanks for the references Leo. I will have to check out these variants. The write up in Apocalypse is superb of course but the effect itself feels a bit fiddly to me - partially for the same reason as Kyle but for other reasons as well. Kind of ironic that Caleb Wiles posted here today as I just learned his variant of Harris' classic Reset. Great work Caleb!

Namaste,
Vlad
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Thanks guys, keep 'em coming! Smile
Cardguy52
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Cardguy52
The one I like is Sankeys " Collect Me Not" from his Sankeytised vol1.
Quick description: four queens find three selected cards ala collectors, then the
four queens vanish leaving behind the three selected cards. Queens are reproduced
in the deck.
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Quote:
On 2012-07-27 13:59, Cardguy52 wrote:
The one I like is Sankeys " Collect Me Not" from his Sankeytised vol1.
Quick description: four queens find three selected cards ala collectors, then the
four queens vanish leaving behind the three selected cards. Queens are reproduced
in the deck.

So the Queens vanish instead of the selections? That's pretty interesting.
Akal Singh
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Akal Singh
For the record, PH's version is in "Art of Astonishment: Vol 1" and "Las Vegas Close-up."

I concur with the general dislike for needlessly going back to the deck. It doesn't totally make sense in PH's version, but since that 4th card goes under the spectator's finger instead of between the Kings, a change of pace is somewhat justified by the plot of the routine itself. And if you can make the treatment of that 4th card look natural, it's worth it: the disappearance from under a spectator's finger and reappearance to any impossible location is about as powerful as it gets!
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Quote:
On 2012-07-27 15:44, Akal Singh wrote:
For the record, PH's version is in "Art of Astonishment: Vol 1" and "Las Vegas Close-up."

I concur with the general dislike for needlessly going back to the deck. It doesn't totally make sense in PH's version, but since that 4th card goes under the spectator's finger instead of between the Kings, a change of pace is somewhat justified by the plot of the routine itself. And if you can make the treatment of that 4th card look natural, it's worth it: the disappearance from under a spectator's finger and reappearance to any impossible location is about as powerful as it gets!

Agreed! Smile

Kyle
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Here is Liam Montier's "Cheater's Sleeve" which is one of my personal favorite versions. He uses the wonderful Britland interlace sequence. Incidentally, this trick will be featured in an upcoming dvd Liam and I shot while attending FISM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1XMlPefm......embedded
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
I really like Cheater's Sleeve, and have been doing it ever since I got the book Kapow, which has lots of other great stuff as well.

I also think David Williamson's Interlaced Swindle is fantastic.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2012-07-27 21:27, Cameron Francis wrote:
Here is Liam Montier's "Cheater's Sleeve" which is one of my personal favorite versions. He uses the wonderful Britland interlace sequence. Incidentally, this trick will be featured in an upcoming dvd Liam and I shot while attending FISM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1XMlPefm......embedded

And Signore Francis has a variant on Caleb Wiles' variant. I haven't tried it yet but this Cameron Francis dude hasn't put out anything yet that isn't a worker.
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
587 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Cameron,

Thanks for posting "Cheater's Sleeve." I really like it.
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
I also love Cheater's Sleeve! Smile
I've made 2 versions so far, thanks for all the references as well.

Best,

Kyle
Ronald72
View Profile
Loyal user
Holland
249 Posts

Profile of Ronald72
Hi Kyle,

So for the topic I picked up my cards and go over the routine. So this gives me a clear picture where I feel the diffuculty is. It is for me not alone "the picking up the deck" moment. It is also a lot of (un)necessary counting to get the cards in the right order. I see the technical presentation in Cheaters Sleeve but if yo watch the Malone version one of the great things I this version is that you can show two cards (a spectator pick) that are really going in between the aces. I think this is a really strong piece in the effect.

Looking foreword to your version Kyle, personally I can not get it right in my mind so love the effect but can and wil not perform it. I had a blast learning by the way and helped me to grow as a magician.

best regards,
Ronald
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Good thoughts, thanks.

Best,

Kyle
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Interlaced Vanish (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL