The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » James Bond Cold Reading on Kindle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Those of you who sign up to my mailing list know that I've put my James Bond Cold Reading book up on the kindle book store at a greatly reduced price.

What's interesting is where it's landed regarding ratings.

#4 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Divination > Fortune Telling
#16 in Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Divination > Fortune Telling
#50 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Psychology & Counseling > Personality

I consider my 'speed learning' books entry level books that anyone can get something from and are not just for mentalists. However the tick sheets and other stuff I consider far more niche.

Please do me a favour and write me a review over there if you could! So far I have none:

http://www.amazon.com/James-Bond-Cold-Re......+reading

I know that most of these sales are from people buying the book again after already having it, because they wanted it on their Kindle! Which is why I've kept the price competitive.

Pricing gets difficult when you start getting involved in the new burgeoning ebook reader market. You can't sell too high or you are penalised (and people just won't buy the books either). And if you sell too low you lose perceived value. So this new market really does have it's own world going on. In a way it's a bit like the app store on iPhone. People are only willing to pay about 69p / 99 cents for an app, but if they do, they buy millions.

Anyway, would love to know people's thoughts on the whole ereader thing and the way it's all moving.

I want to be able to buy mentalism and magic books on kindle and ipad, so where are they?

You can't halt progress.

What do you think?

It's a tricky one. There's some people's work I'd hate to see readily available on ebook reader stores. But once again, you end up in the same understanding that everything is available readily, in truth, everywhere. Sometimes even without paying. So better to be available than to be pirated? Or better to be available simply to be more convenient for people who want your material and work?

Who knows. Interesting topic. I'm not going to put everything on ebook stores that's for sure. Some stuff really has to be kept secret. Or can it ever be any more?

Julian (a writer who is looking at this very big thing going on wondering about it all)
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1747 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
Julian,

Just purchased the Kindle edition, and you are practically giving it away. I cannot believe the price.

I was always curious about your book, but I never made the purchase because I do not do cold reading. While intrigued, I never wanted to make the investment in something that I would not use.

However, at the price you are offering it now, it is a no-brainer. I have paid far more for far less.

I just downloaded it to my Kindle reader on my HTC ThunderBolt smartphone, and I am eager to read it. However, the link for the flash cards does not work.

Thanks for this incredible offer, and I will write a review on Amazon when done.

Bobby

p.s. When I read on my Kindle app, I use white text on a black background in order to use less power (less lighting on the display). It seems like when I choose the black option I am reading black text on a black background.
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Please email me for the correct link
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1747 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
Here is the review I submitted to Amazon re: The James Bond Cold Reading

In recent years, whenever there have been discussions about cold reading in certain circles, Julian "Bev" Moore's "The James Bond Cold Reading" was always in the mix. I had been intrigued by Moore's premise and was always curious about the book. Once I learned he made it available on the Kindle, I jumped on it, just out of sheer curiosity. I have explored cold reading, but it is not part of what I do. But, I had to see what was behind the curtain, so to speak.

I must say, when I first read how Moore reworked the 12 classic statements of cold reading and adapted to James Bond's character, I was not that impressed. I wondered how all of the positive feedback and hype around the book could be sustained for years (this was first published in 2007) without any negative feedback trickling in. To put it bluntly, the 12 James Bond statements did not do much for me. But stay with me, because the review does not end here.

As I read further about the Bond statements, Moore elaborated on them and expanded them to include a range of statements one might consider saying for each of the 12. The more I read about the "You Could Say This" statements, the more I liked them. Moore, who is always encouraging the reader to make the statements his or her own and use their own words, was in essence giving people permission to rewrite the 12 classic lines. This was a very freeing experience. But, the review does not end here.

Further into the book, what I realized was the 12 James Bond lines were not really a modern-day retelling of the 12 classic cold reading lines, rather, they served as the framework to give structure to a cold reading. It was then and there when the light bulb went off, and I realized what Moore was trying to accomplish. It made absolute sense, and it was a wonderful revelation.

I had intended to give the book a rating of about 4 stars, but after seeing where Moore is leading his readers, I had to give it 5 stars. As I mentioned earlier, I do not do cold readings, but I was always curious about them. This book is good, and I would recommend you buy it if this is the type of thing you are interested in.

Bobby Warren
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Thanks so much!
maxnew40
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of maxnew40
I just bought a kindle copy and will try and leave a short review after I have finished reading it.

-Max
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of seamagu
Hi Julian,

I bought your book on Kindle, I have not got round to writing a review but I have to say I am looking forward to seeing your other works on kindle aswell, I pretty much buy all my magic books as ebooks and if it is on the kindle it is a big plus for me and makes me more likely to buy it.

regards,

Sea.
I love post its Smile
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of Marqus
Hey, Julian.

Feel free to add my 'Batman/Bruce Wayne' adaptation to your James Bond version. (I emailed it to you last year.)
I do not want any compensation for it.

It just adds a different layer to your already terrific system!

Mark
PWB
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of PWB
I recently got JB coldreading pdf from amazon...I like the unique approach that is proposed. But as someone before mentioned, the link to the flash cards do not work. If anyone has a better link for tem I would appreciate the help.

Pat
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
PMd you

If any of you have questions about my stuff feel free to get hold of me through my website or use julian@thecoldreadingcompany.co.uk

Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » James Bond Cold Reading on Kindle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL