We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Parrot Ar Drone Magic (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2191 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I have 2 of these. I was thinking of using them in my show. Any ideas?
http://ardrone2.parrot.com/
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Hey Lou, Pick a card trick, with a signed card... fail to find it and this flies from the back of the crowd onto stage... Use jumbo cards perhaps. Better yet, borrow a credit card, make it vanish and appear on the Drone...
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1098 Posts

Profile of maps
Can you train a bird/small animal to stay on a rope/basket/animal as it flies in? Than as it hoovers the bird will climb down the rope/basket to your table and start his act.
Your animal star arriving in style!
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1098 Posts

Profile of maps
Wanted to buy one the other day but din feel like spending that day.
Visit my website
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1098 Posts

Profile of maps
Or do it in reverse,after yr pet has finished his act,the whachamitcallit flies in and ye pet flies of in style
Visit my website
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1098 Posts

Profile of maps
I initially wanted to fly it in with a banner that says whatever you wanted it to say.
Visit my website
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1098 Posts

Profile of maps
Use it to pick a volunteer.Fly it over the heads of the audience and have it release a sponge ball and whoever the ball landed on,comes to the stage.
Visit my website
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2191 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Thank you Kyle and Frankie. Keep it coming!

Yes, I can reveal a borrowed object with it like a ring, bill, credit card, signed silk, etc. as long as it is lightweight.

I also have a collection of RC helicopters and so far this is the most stable and reliable.
MCM
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
455 Posts

Profile of MCM
This would take some moding of it, but just to throw it out there.

And "important" document, card, note, etc, gets "sucked" into the blades. Confetti shots out and is scattered by the blades. However, the item is recovered through some other effect.

Or, use it as the "suspended box" that an item appears in. This would only work if you have one that can hover for a good 20 minutes or so.
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1098 Posts

Profile of maps
Have a prediction in a box attached to the flying thingy.When it comes to the reveal,have the thiny fly out of the box with the prediction/ring? tied to it.
Visit my website
Alexander Wells
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of Alexander Wells
I'd try and make use of the camera function is has on it. Hook it up to a projection screen and do a transposition/vanish with the live video feed playing the whole time on the stage. It would look great to have it flying into a box on one side of the stage then flying out of a box on the other. I can think of a couple of ways of doing this.

Neal
chami79
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of chami79
Lovely idea like it
Quote:

On 2012-07-31 08:25, Neal Alexander wrote:
I'd try and make use of the camera function is has on it. Hook it up to a projection screen and do a transposition/vanish with the live video feed playing the whole time on the stage. It would look great to have it flying into a box on one side of the stage then flying out of a box on the other. I can think of a couple of ways of doing this.

Neal
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2191 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I posted this topic 5 years ago, my Parrot AR Drone was not that reliable so I could not use it with the thought that it could hit an audience. And it requires a big stage with high ceiling.

But nowadays, I see smaller drones which are more "accurate" and stable and the prices are even more reasonable nowadays. I am again tempted to buy one.

Have any of used a drone in your shows? Any thoughts?
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9475 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Have it hover over a heckler with a sign that reads "I need to feel important"
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2062 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
I've been a drone pilot for many years and I would still never use one in a theater or especially over an audience. In theory if the stage deck was large enough it could be possible but not recommended. In that case I would have a professional drone pilot in the wings with full line of sight to control it and a duplicate fake controller for the magician to "operate" on stage.
Ray Pierce
<BR>www.HollywoodAerialArts.com
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2191 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2017, Ray Pierce wrote:
I've been a drone pilot for many years and I would still never use one in a theater or especially over an audience. In theory if the stage deck was large enough it could be possible but not recommended. In that case I would have a professional drone pilot in the wings with full line of sight to control it and a duplicate fake controller for the magician to "operate" on stage.

Great advice Ray! Yes, I agree with you, it is still risky with those exposed propellers. Perhaps, there will be a more safer version in the future.
deaton
View Profile
New user
Winter Park Florida
55 Posts

Profile of deaton
Are you a one man act?
Original Old Town Magic Shop owner near Walt Disney World. Former Bozo the Clown in S.W. Ohio TV market. Was the founder and artistic director of Pinocchio's Maroionette Theater in Central Florida. Actor, writer, director, magic and spook show enthusiast.
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2191 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2017, deaton wrote:
Are you a one man act?

No, I have 3 male assistants and one female assistant. Aside from my son who acts as a stooge in some of my acts.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Parrot Ar Drone Magic (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL