The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Is it normal for tem to cry? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
The last thing I want is public exposure of this lol
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5313 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I feel the same,on any Outlaw product,I have seen in a clip,or for promotion !!!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Cunningham
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
147 Posts

Profile of Cunningham
Hello! I don't know much about L#n@ but am very interseted in it...I notice at the Outlaw website that there are some options...can I get your thoughts on which or what might be the best to buy as a starting point?

Thanks much!!

Jim
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5313 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Start with *o *ARK...go from there! I prefer,35.
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Cunningham
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
147 Posts

Profile of Cunningham
Hi Godzilla,

Thanks for the response...not sure what *o*ARK is exactly...

Best,

Jim
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5313 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
PM,sent
Cunningham
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
147 Posts

Profile of Cunningham
THANKS!!!!!
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

My first was 36, but to be honest all of them are strong stand alone routines, or play very well together. to get the lun@ to its gull potential you need to not only buy the main prop but add items like aged pictures, little items that a resident would have, or something from one of the attending nurse/dr.

I will say this. lun@ is not for everyone. it is aq very dark emotional piece that Will leave the sitters in a very dark and dangerous place if it is not treated with respect that is deserves. you delve into light hypnotic trance at times.

but if you can build the theatrics, get into it not as a performer but more as a guide that walks them through the drakness and out again to the light it will be a reputation maker. the sitters will have experienced real magic and they will lovevyou for it.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6568 Posts

Profile of Dougini
L*n@ has a special place in my heart. That's why I'm getting the whole series. This affects me personally, as I spent almost a year in a very bad place. An Ins@ne @sylum disguised as a Homeless Shelter. I've studied some of the details of CH, and find disturbing similarities. I have no idea about the three books, except that they are registers for some nurse.

The PM's I have received have opened it up a bit more for me, and really is the reason I'm springing for this! You guys have been a GREAT help in giving me a reason to do this. I just have to wait until the first of the month! Then, I guess I'm committed (in more ways than one! LOL)! Smile

Doug
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Doug if you ever have questions or need help with it please feel free to pm me ill share what I know and where to get some cool additions to the set. the forum and SD have3 a lot to add as well. the main thing is feel it and it will sing for you brother
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6568 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2012-08-21 01:05, Michael_MacDonald wrote:
Doug if you ever have questions or need help with it please feel free to pm me...

I will do that, my friend! And it is much appreciated! Thank you! Smile
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

No problem brother. lu@ and s@nctum sets are the strongest around for sitters when done right, and now I Added cu$$ cards in the mix it kills.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6568 Posts

Profile of Dougini
After I get L*n@, do you think I should look at getting the S@nct*m set? I haven't checked that out yet.

Doug
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Stay with lun@ for now, build one set at a time or you will be overwhelmed.
sanctum takes a lot of work and study to perfect but in the end you have a whole new skill set that will serve you well in a lot of other presentations. give lun@ the the time she deserves for a strong showing, then when your ready take the sanctum plung.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6568 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Excellent advice, my friend! Will do. I have a box made by Michael Mosher that works like the Sucker Sliding Die Box, but is aged and very well built out of Indonesian Teak. The inner box which would be the "die", is made like an old herb chest.

It sits on my mantle in the living room. It really sets the mood. And that's really key. For them to become emotionally involved, the setting has to be right. This is an old brick building that holds four apartments. It was built in 1855. The interior design is original. Hand-carved and intricate. I'm thinkin' it would not take much to turn the back room into a "parlor".

I don't wanna make them cry...just shiver....!

Doug
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Doug, if you are comfortable to share this on open forum--how do you tie the herb chest into Lun@?
Do you have a story? Are you looking for ideas?
Great combination!
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

If you need tips for this I set up a room down under.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6568 Posts

Profile of Dougini
The Herb Chest is a tale I tell to start the whole mood thing. I would segue into L*n@ after breaking the ice with a bit of humor or a cool little effect. It shows the spec that they have left the "normal" world. We are in an Exotic Quantum Environment when I turn this on (~Switch~ ~Hummmmm~)...there.

Now...nothing is the same...nothing... Smile
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6568 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Uhhh...yeah. I could use some ideas...
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6568 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Really, guys, I just read the pertinent section of Tales Of Enchantment, regarding the Herb Chest. Kind of a whole different ball o' wax, here. Maybe I should save that for another time, unless you guys have some ideas that will incorporate this routine with L*n@, Pe@rly G@tes, or other such?

I think L*n@ stands alone, since it is so powerful and emotional! Yeah, I can see how this can make a person break down crying. It takes a real experienced and serious story-teller to do that. I'm learning! Smile

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Is it normal for tem to cry? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL