The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Ted Lesly's Dr. Ypsilon MC-Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fbeye007
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of fbeye007
I was digging through my closet and found an item from Ted Lesley's Wonder Workshop titled, "Dr. Ypsilon's MC-cards". I have no idea where I got these. Acording to the instructions they are treated with a liquid and become permanent br****er cards. They work extraordinarily well and are "invisible" in the deck. With all the experience and knowledge on this site I was hoping someone might be familiar with the process and could possibly message me. Perhaps they are still produced under another name? Thanks
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2202 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Interesting, never heard of them. The liquid probanly "seals" the card's ben***g.
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
hcs
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
185 Posts

Profile of hcs
@Nicolino: This is not correct.
fbeye007 got a pm.
Si Stebbins Pro - an innovative improvement of the Si Stebbins Stack * Gregorian Calendar Sheets for Years 1582 - 2399 - a perpetual calendar booklet that is perfect for using in day of any date performance. One can use it for verification, and even tell them the page number on which they can find the year! * http://www.ebookstore.de.ki/
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2202 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Hans, care to send me a PM as well, please? Interested in the difference to Nemo control....
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
fbeye007
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of fbeye007
Thanks to HCS for his message. I have several of the MC cards and they are not Koornwinders as HCS suggested. They are indistinguishable from normal cards. You do have to "activate" them with a procedure similar to the standard br****ers but much less pronounced and once done there is no visible change.
fbeye007
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of fbeye007
Does anyone know what German magic company Ted Lesley's things were sold to after his death? They may have an answer to this.
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
1326 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Perhaps Bill Palmer can shed some light on the questions here, including where Ted Lesley's things ended up.
fbeye007
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of fbeye007
Just an update, I was able to make contact with the German magic company that got Ted's things and they are researching for me by contacting one of Ted's apprentices. Hope to have some more info soon.
fbeye007
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of fbeye007
I have another clue. One of Ted's assistants said Ted got this idea from a man named Braco (now deceased).
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2202 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
He's called Ralf Wichmann.
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
fbeye007
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of fbeye007
Thanks Nicolino. I looked him up and he has a mentalism effect (in book form) called "Hypnosis" and he wrote it with Ted. The description of the effect suggests that he may be using the MC cards for this routine. Anyone have this book? http://www.lybrary.com/hypnosis-p-223.html
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2202 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
With all due respect, I highly doubt the MC principle is employed here.
Not only does the contents list "How to force a card with the "Criss Cross" force" , but I was also told that the secret was not published and Ted took it into the grave.
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
fbeye007
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of fbeye007
Thank you Nicolino. I appreciate all the help you have offered. I know I'm grasping at straws...didn't see the contents, just read the effect. Jeff McBride told me there was talk of publishing some of Ralf Wichmann's files. Since the MC cards were Wichmann's creation maybe, someday, we'll see them again.
perceptions
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of perceptions
Fbeye007,
I'm intriged to say the least. I "PMed" you --- hopefully I can get some more info to research the subject.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Ted Lesly's Dr. Ypsilon MC-Cards (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.284380 seconds, requiring 46 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[9] [7] [7] [2] [6] [4] [5] [6] [0]