The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Thread of Life by Matt Mello (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
matthewmello
View Profile
Elite user
427 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Hey guys,

Okay, so I’m going to do things a little backwards with this release, and tell you the method, but not the effect! And I ask that all purchasers please not talk about the effect, as well—that’s right, I’m pulling a ‘Real Secrets’ on ya! Say what you feel about it, but please try to be vague!

So here it is…

“Thread of Life” is a Loop routine, but using it to enhance a very bizarre and beautiful effect! Following in the footsteps of my last manuscript, The Zombie and the Joker, this routine also comes across as 100% real hypnosis, while employing a couple different methods to ensure constant success!

If you’re a fan of hypnosis, and use Loops already, then you’ll now have an extra, powerful routine that looks completely different from your other Loop work!

The price will be set at $7, and can be sent to mtricks16@aol.com through paypal. I also plan on putting it on Penguin Magic in the near future.

Thank you!

Matt
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
558 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Psuedo Hypnosis using Loops? I can't resist. Payment sent. Smile
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
558 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Just read this. Another winner by Mr. Mello, and another routine I'll be using as it's easy to incorporate into a routine I've already been performing. I don't want to give anything away, but fans of PK Touches-type effects will enjoy this as Matt has put together some very cool ideas and has linked them together with a brilliant presentation. For fans of Loops and/or pseudo and/or genuine hypnosis, you will get your $7 worth and be using this. Very cool routine. Smile
matthewmello
View Profile
Elite user
427 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Thanks for the review, Exitmat! And thanks for sharing your routine with me! Just emailed you about it. Very cool stuff!

Matt
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of 13
Very interested ... waiting to hear more Smile
snm
View Profile
Veteran user
382 Posts

Profile of snm
Can't Wait! Be sure and let us know when it's on Penguin as I do not like using paypal. Looking forward to it!
GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Veteran user
Don't Read This Sign
362 Posts

Profile of GordonTheHypnotist
Okay let me say that Matt understands performing better than many people out there. He understands how less is more and sometimes things we throw away as being juvenile or pass over for the "next big thing" can really be used to create an emotional bond with a spectator.

The Thread of Life is no exception. The past few weeks Matt has put out some crazy amazing effects that went right into my hypnosis based stage set and don't get me wrong this could very easily be added to the mix but I think this effect is best played for an intimate audience. Preferably one person that you want to have an emotional connection with. This effect uses a loop in a way that reminds people of a more innocent time and then kicks things up a notch. This is PK touches to the MAX! Please don't do this routine with another magic trick it will only cheapen it in my opinion. If you want total devastation and you want them hanging on your every word do this routine during a palm reading. You don't have to give them to much information but you will be guaranteed to create a magical bond with them. This is a knock out winner again Matt. You are one creative dude. Thanks for sharing!
Gullibility is an attractive quality in people
matthewmello
View Profile
Elite user
427 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Thanks for the great review, Gordon! Glad you enjoyed it!

SNM,

Thread of Life and The Envelope Game should be up on Penguin by this weekend...assuming they get approved...which I'm sure they will!

Matt
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
558 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Quote:
On 2012-08-14 23:12, matthewmello wrote:
Thanks for the review, Exitmat! And thanks for sharing your routine with me! Just emailed you about it. Very cool stuff!

Matt

No problem. Smile Mine and yours really go great together, so I'm really loving this. Looking forward to working this in! Smile
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
This effect will create a strong relation between you and your spectator. This is really easy to do but imho has got a strong impact on people's mind. This one reminds me an PK touch effect done with coat racks (for stage), but this one is even better as it will create an intimate moment... Love this Matt, thanks for sharing!
My new 100% HANDS-OFF ACAAN (book) is available here : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Special user
Myke Phillips
724 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
I got this a couple of days ago and read through the PDF. I did not understand on the first read, not because it was not written so you can easily understand it, but because I just had a lot of other effects on my mind at the time. Anyway, I had some time to really take everything in and understand it fully. The first thing I want to say is, FANTASTIC! What a great impromptu effect that will really have an effect on whoever you perform this for.

I really like the routine that comes with the PDF. its a 3 phase routine, where you are able to take the "thread of life" (an imaginary thread) out of the palm of someones hand, and they actually feel it. No set up, nothing needed, just you, totally impromptu, love it! Then you are able to have them, feel their "thread of life" on the back of their hand. And for the final phase, you leave them with a possitive feeling to take away with them.

I think the core "method" for this effect, is something very special for a mentalist to have in his/her tool box. once you try this out, you will know how powerful this can be, and will be.

This method of making someone feel something happen to their hand, "for me" is something I will use forever now. Imagine being able to have someone actually FEEL a sensation in their hand, exactly when you want them to feel it. This is pure gold as far as I'm concerned.

Like I said, I love the whole routine, but I am very exited about the core method. I have been using it today and poeple actually jump when you make them feel that sensation in their hand. I intend on using this for another idea that was passed to me from a very good magician in London, Daniel Stanbridge.

I cant praise this enough. This is easily, by a mile, the best thing I have learned this year.

what a winner, and a gift to me from Matt. Thank you!

Matt, you should triple the price mate.

Best
Myke Phillips
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Just sent. Can't wait to read!
matthewmello
View Profile
Elite user
427 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Thanks for the review, Myke! And just sent it to you, Maddy!

Matt
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Quite a basic idea, it's done exactly how you think its done but it's a nice presentation.
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Special user
Myke Phillips
724 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Quote:
On 2012-08-18 16:54, MagicMaddy wrote:
Quite a basic idea, it's done exactly how you think its done but it's a nice presentation.

?

Not a basic idea, and is definitely not done how you think it's done. I mean no disrespect, but I think you should read it again.
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Quote:
On 2012-08-18 18:13, mykephillips wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-08-18 16:54, MagicMaddy wrote:

?

Not a basic idea, and is definitely not done how you think it's done. I mean no disrespect, but I think you should read it again.

I just meant that when I read your description, I was pretty sure I knew how it worked. After I received the ebook, it was exactly what I was thinking.

Not a bad idea, but if I tried to perform it as written all of my friends would look at me like I'm crazy because they all know exactly what I'm doing. (particularly the 1st phase) I DID however like the idea of linking the minds.
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Special user
Myke Phillips
724 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
That's cool MagicMaddy.

Imagine having someone think of their fear or fobia. You tell them to imagine it in their hand, and then tell them to close their hand and to really think of that fear. Then you tell them to open their hand. You say to them that you are going to take that fear away and that they are going to actually feel the moment it goes. They do....

Or they feel a thought of word/card/name taken from them at the moment you take it. Very powerful stuff!

Myke
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Special user
Myke Phillips
724 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Literally just did this for two girls, one after the other and they both freaked out saying, "oh my god" and "that feels weird". Amazing reactions from a totally impromptu effect.

Wonderful!

Myke
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
I have NEVER been able to get it to work. I grew up doing this effect for people and it never worked properly. Even now after re-reading it, I can't get it to work on myself.

:/
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Special user
Myke Phillips
724 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Contact Matt, I'm sure he will help you out. I got it down every time now, and it kills mate.

kindest Regards
Myke
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Quote:
On 2012-08-18 19:07, mykephillips wrote:
Contact Matt, I'm sure he will help you out. I got it down every time now, and it kills mate.

kindest Regards
Myke

Thanks.
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Matt helped me out and may I just say... this feels WEIRD. I've always known the concept but when it actually happens it feels insane. I can't wait to try out the whole routine for some people once school starts back up. I think they will rather enjoy it.
matthewmello
View Profile
Elite user
427 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Glad that I could help you to feel it, Maddy! And just to clarify...he's talking about the impromptu part...not the Loop bit.

The first phase is an impromptu way of making a spectator feel something in their hand, and has many applications, as Myke has pointed out. It's especially nice during coin bending, as well!

Matt
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Quote:
On 2012-08-18 21:43, matthewmello wrote:
Glad that I could help you to feel it, Maddy! And just to clarify...he's talking about the impromptu part...not the Loop bit.

The first phase is an impromptu way of making a spectator feel something in their hand, and has many applications, as Myke has pointed out. It's especially nice during coin bending, as well!

Matt

HOLY COW! I have just gotten the quantum bender, I will be combining these tomorrow. To see how that plays. That sounds bloody brilliant.
snm
View Profile
Veteran user
382 Posts

Profile of snm
Really can't wait for this be up on penguin!! Sounds AWESOME!
matthewmello
View Profile
Elite user
427 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Maddy, you should get great reactions combining those! If you have any questions about handling, just let me know!

SNM, I'll be putting 'Thread of Life' and 'The Envelope Game' on Penguin tomorrow!

Thanks for all the interest and positive feedback guys!

Matt
cheeky
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of cheeky
Seems like another great Release!
matthewmello
View Profile
Elite user
427 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Hey guys,

'Thread of Life' can now be found on Penguin Magic here...

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2796

Or you can still buy it personally from me by sending $7 to mtricks16@aol.com through paypal.

Thanks!

Matt
snm
View Profile
Veteran user
382 Posts

Profile of snm
Just bought this and read through it.... HOLY SH*T this is awesome! Easily the best thing I have learned in a long time!!! So much awesome stuff you can do with this.

Buy it! Now! No more questions. Just buy it!

Thanks for sharing this, Matt. Seriously. Thanks!
matthewmello
View Profile
Elite user
427 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Wow...thank you, SNM! Yeah, there really are SO many ideas that can be applied to that first phase!

Matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Thread of Life by Matt Mello (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.280158 seconds, requiring 82 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [2] [0] [4] [6] [5] [9] [9] [6]