The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Labels for Nielsens "Heinz" Ketchup (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Is there any interest in "Heinz" labels for the Nielsen Vanishing Ketchup? I've had some designed. They look great, and there are some hardly noticeable changes to satisfy HEINZ copyright.
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Good idea. I had my printer make them up as a direct copy from the original. They used static cling plastic and these are great. Not sure heinz would be happy but it's not as if I'd publish the fact on a public forum or anything Smile
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
These look like Heinz, but aren't. I would be shocked if anyone would notice in a show. Under closer inspection, yes... but you wouldn't allow that anyway.

Static cling is a great idea. Mine are four-up on a pdf template, and can be printed on that material from a ink jet. I got some from a craft store last month.
guyactor
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of guyactor
KC - PM sent.
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
"HEWZ" Ketchup

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
WOW! Those look great, and in Vector graphics to top it off. Good Job!
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Thanks Bill, it means a lot coming from you.

Yes they are vector, so they can be resized w/o losing quality. They are currently sized perfectly for the Neilsen Ketchup. $20 for the template (money-back guaranteed). I am thinking of making some beer labels as well, if there is any interest. It will be $20 too, or both for $40. I know some think this is expensive, but in reality, I doubt I will make much and the pdf means you can have an endless supply. The only restrictions are you can't resell it or sell stickers made for it, but if you want to give printed labels to club members, go for it!

I do recommend using white static cling printing sheets now. Before I was using rubber cement or Avery stickers, but the WHITE static cling (NOT the transparent) seem to be perfect. Here is a link for the static cling if they don't have it in your office store (they probably won't have it at your local store): http://www.papilio.com/hewlett%20packard......ing.html
joshuaweidner
View Profile
New user
St. Louis, MO
15 Posts

Profile of joshuaweidner
I just got this and did a show last week using this label. I was using the one that Nielsen puts out before and it got okay reactions but the difference is night and day. It got HUGE reactions this time and I am definitely satisfied!
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
I have decided to offer my "Hewz" labels labels for the Neisen Vanishing Ketchup bottle as shareware. This means if you PM me with your email address I will send you the PDF. If you like it and use it, all I ask is you send me $20 (or what you feel it is worth to you) to my PayPal account. I won't bother you if you don't like it and don't use it - send nothing. If you are a fellow vet, let it be my gift to you. Oh, and one catch (a pet peeve of mine), you must have your profile in the Café filled out with your website and avatar.

If you can't afford it use it, pass forward a favor when you can.

I will be selling a printed, static cling copy these for $10/sheet.
joshuaweidner
View Profile
New user
St. Louis, MO
15 Posts

Profile of joshuaweidner
They look amazing and the difference between these and the Nielsen labels is night and day. It looks, even up close, like a real bottle of ketchup and the labels really help to sell the effect. This really helped revitalize the ketchup bottle routine in my act! I give it 5/5!
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Quote:
On 2012-11-13 20:16, joshuaweidner wrote:
They look amazing and the difference between these and the Nielsen labels is night and day. It looks, even up close, like a real bottle of ketchup and the labels really help to sell the effect. This really helped revitalize the ketchup bottle routine in my act! I give it 5/5!

I don't quite understand. Why do these make such a difference from the original labels?
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Jugglestruck,

I guess all depends on what you mean by "original" labels. The first ones were actual duplicates of the Heinz label. Due to insurance costs, Neilsen felt it was not worth it to continue making them. The ones that come with the bottle now look real generic and suspicious to the audience, IMHO.

I have created some labels, that from a distance look like the Heinz labels, but are not duplicates. IMHO they look much better than the ones that are currently sold with the ketchup bottle, but are not the perfect copy like the first type that is no longer in production. http://www.nnmagic.com/magicitems/vanishingbottlespage2.htm

I am asking magicians to tip me what they believe the labels are worth to them (typically $0.01- $20.00). for a PDF of the label that can be printed at home, and a PDF that can be sent to http://GotPrint.com where you can 12 labels printed and shipped to you for around $15-$20 total.

They can be downloaded in the "Review" section of my site (under construction) http://DarnGoodMagic.com

If you need another size of PDF (since you are in Europe) let me know, and I can make it for you. Smile

--I don't know if Heinz Ketchup is popular in Wales, but if there is another brand, I can probably do the same thing for it - just let me know (assuming the Neilsen Bottle looks fine.).
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
I'm with you now KC, I hadn't realised that the labels had changed from the original original.
Thank you for the offer but I have my printers make up exact duplicates of the original heinz labels onto static labels so they look absolutely perfect. I love my Ketchup bottle Smile
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
I'm with you. This is what I did, and I'm offering the PDFs so people don't have to re-invent the wheel.
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
When I run out of the 24 I have I'll be in touch Smile
BIGmagiclV
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of BIGmagiclV
Anybody have extra Heinz labels for the vanishing ketchup bottle they want to sell? please PM me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Labels for Nielsens "Heinz" Ketchup (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL