The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spirit Bell (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Cunningham
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
159 Posts

Profile of Cunningham
Just a follow up note...my show opened Saturday night. I use the Cesaral Spirit Bell as the capper of the second piece in Act II. I always used a Thayer Rapping Hand for the pay off... I constructed the routine (it's about Harry Houdini) so that the bell rings twice. The first time it rang on Saturday night the woman holding it let out a small yelp and the audience gasped...the second time you could hear a pin drop as the audience waited to see if it would ring again. This is really an extraordinary prop...well worth the money and a real reputation maker. I can't reccomend it highly enough and Cesar is absolutely fantastic to work with as well. I can't stop thinking how clever the entire thought process Cesar used to create this gem...I am over the moon happy with it. If you are thinking about getting this bell I think you could have it in your hands before Halloween...you will kill with it.
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1181 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
Quote:
On 2012-09-12 11:42, Dougini wrote:
Well...I guess that's the bell to get. Unfortunately that leaves me out. Smile Anyone else looking for a $30 to $40 Spirit Bell?

Doug

Mine would cost about that much to make. Plus the absurdly low $5 for the plans
Jolyon Jenkins
Van Helmont
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of Van Helmont
I can only confirm all of the above:

* Yes, it's a bloody expensive bell
* Yes, it's probably the best one I own too
* Yes, it's versatile and the werks are virtually undetectable
* Yes, it can be used to fit many a bizarre story
* No, not all bizarre stories
* No, not even when you stretch it to the limits of suspension of disbelief
* But yes, to every other cognitive estrangement
* And absolutely yes: Cesar delivers in evey aspect of a commercial transaction - no waiting and mailing around here!

Death Ringer, Departed and Cesaral: hmm, maybe one day Death Toll to be an completist...
Kudos Cesar: your reputation precedes you and it's well earned!

VH
The Epiphany Before Christmas: this day (12/23/13) I leave the Café for good!
Van Helmont
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of Van Helmont
Erratum: Dead Ringer
Addendum: Dead Ringer and The Departed are, in fact, in no way 'inferior' to this SB. I noticed that I might have formulated it that way. But both DR and TD are perfect for my acts in which SB would be out of the question!
I use DR in a 100% séance/spiritualism context;
TD in my show on Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell;
and Cesar's bell, well, I'll post that story in a couple of days/weeks (did anyone say luxurious apartments in London?).
But they cannot be interchanged. They're equally exquisite.

VH
Van Helmont
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of Van Helmont
(I should really improve my proofreading skills): a completist.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Cunningham
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
159 Posts

Profile of Cunningham
The Cesaral Spirit Bell is stoppin my show Dark Carnival here in Minnesota on a nightly basis! My Stage Manager (a man with 35 years in Show Business) said last night that he is amazed everynight by how pin drop quiet the audience becomes waiting for the bell to ring. Each show there is an audible gasp from the audience when it does ring and the woman holding the bell almost always lets out an invouluntary yelp. Last night after it rang the second time a woman in the audience quietly said: "I'm getting the Hell out of here that bell is freaking me out!" To which I said: "Wait...I'll go with ya!" Got a nice laugh. I'm tying it to a woman's wrist and draping it over her hand and have found that the audience can see up into the bell and watch the clapper as it rings so they are seeing it and hearing it at the same time. Killer!! Thanks a ton Cesar!! This bell is worth it's weight in gold to me!
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2012-10-26 15:45, Cunningham wrote:
...after it rang the second time a woman in the audience quietly said: "I'm getting the Hell out of here that bell is freaking me out!"

Ahhh. So I am not the only one who's sitter left abruptly. Hmmm, I don't feel so bad...

Doug
CesaralM
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of CesaralM
Quote:
On 2012-10-26 15:45, Cunningham wrote:
The Cesaral Spirit Bell is stoppin my show Dark Carnival here in Minnesota on a nightly basis! My Stage Manager (a man with 35 years in Show Business) said last night that he is amazed everynight by how pin drop quiet the audience becomes waiting for the bell to ring. Each show there is an audible gasp from the audience when it does ring and the woman holding the bell almost always lets out an invouluntary yelp. Last night after it rang the second time a woman in the audience quietly said: "I'm getting the Hell out of here that bell is freaking me out!" To which I said: "Wait...I'll go with ya!" Got a nice laugh. I'm tying it to a woman's wrist and draping it over her hand and have found that the audience can see up into the bell and watch the clapper as it rings so they are seeing it and hearing it at the same time. Killer!! Thanks a ton Cesar!! This bell is worth it's weight in gold to me!

You are welcome!

It took time to find the proper method, but now it is real. Enjoy it!

Cesar Alonso (Cesaral Magic)
yogi53
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of yogi53
I saw the Spirit Bell in a performance from a professional magician and was absolutely impressed by this nice item.
The reaction of the spectator holding the bell was so strong, that I burned to use this by myself (although I'm not a professional magician). I received my Spirit Bell from Cesar last week and I love this piece of jewelry. It is extremely fine manufactured. Even if you know, that electronics can be miniaturized, you cannot believe, that this bell is really gimmicked.
Yes, it is a rather expensive piece, but worth every coin !
In the last years, I spent hundreds of euros in cheap tricks, many of them useless and wasted money.
So this is a really good investment in a tool, usable for many perfomances.
My advice : Purchaise it. I'm sure, you will not regret it !
Thanks Cesar, especially for your kind and excellent support !
Bella Morte
View Profile
New user
Creole Sorceress and Tainted Magnolia
31 Posts

Profile of Bella Morte
I have one by Wenger, but there are many good SBs on the market. Here is a link to two by Wenger that operate in different fashions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x15EWVRfnrk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i_aHuRlNdA

A haunted box in which to keep that SB: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=821TqJJnWZA
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Http://www.outlaw-effects.com/store/gold......ted.html

Context,is major choice for a SB !
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Bella Morte
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Bella Morte
Nice video, Godzilla Smile
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Welcome to Spooky, Bella Morte !

Gary
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
I've seen both the Outlaw Bell and Cesaral Bell in person and messed with them both. They're both nice but my vote goes to Outlaw. Of course, it depends on the context (as Roth stated earlier). The aging on outlaw's stuff is amazing as well.
Van Helmont
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of Van Helmont
"Burned at the stake on 8 Posts "

Ah, how fondly I remember that; Tuesday June 4th 1587 wasn't it! How you cursed me!
And you won: it's my 13th reïncarnation (pleeeease make it stop!)
Bella Morte
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Bella Morte
Van Helmont, I distinctly remember the 1587 burning. You are still cursed!

Soooo... you finally found a way (or made a way) to come back as a magician? Hah! At last, you can walk in MY shoes: Someday, you will find your car stranded in the deepest, most conservative part of Alabama where you, TOO, will be burned at the stake for the practice of evil magic! After this, I suppose I will allow you will be done with the various incarnations.

Why this last curse you may ask? Well, Van Helmont, do you remember putting marshmallows on sticks between my toes in 1587? Not very nice. No, not nice at all.
Van Helmont
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of Van Helmont
Quote:
On 2013-01-23 01:03, Bella Morte wrote:
Van Helmont, I distinctly remember the 1587 burning. You are still cursed!

Soooo... you finally found a way (or made a way) to come back as a magician? Hah! At last, you can walk in MY shoes: Someday, you will find your car stranded in the deepest, most conservative part of Alabama where you, TOO, will be burned at the stake for the practice of evil magic! After this, I suppose I will allow you will be done with the various incarnations.

Why this last curse you may ask? Well, Van Helmont, do you remember putting marshmallows on sticks between my toes in 1587? Not very nice. No, not nice at all.

Alabama, where the tusks are looser, that has the weight on its shoulders, that was put down by ol' Neil and where having brains always seems to happen to other people. (to all Alabammers on Spooky, no offence guys, quotes aren't mine).

Oh baby, don't get started on the marshmallows... It still turns me on! Thanks to you I discovered I'm a footfetishist!

Que ta mort soit belle
Bella Morte
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Bella Morte
Ah, but your death is much more beautiful!
The marshmallows! You remember! Even through the thirteen incarnations, evil man, you remember. Oh, Baby??? Hmmmph! To this very day I cannot sip hot cocoa without drifting back to that terrible time for toes! Si tragique!

Yes, beware Alabama, Mississippi, or anywhere you stand out like a blackened thumb (or toasted toe!)...danger lies there. Take heed and watch out for your own feet, mon ami! Better yet, BEHOLD: I plan to zealously curse your sp*rit be*l with unpredictable malfunction! Que pensez-vous de cela, ami?
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Bella! Welcome to The Café! What a Dark Lady you are! Smile

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spirit Bell (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL