The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » PETA claims Siegfried & Roy bribed USDA (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Magicbarry
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
276 Posts

Profile of Magicbarry
If I were one of the USDA employees in question, I'd be pretty insulted that the best bribe S&R could come up with was free tickets.

The PETA claim lacks credibility. Then again, so does PETA.
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
It's nice to see that PETA can take time out of their ever-important throwing of blood on fur wearers to complain about conjectural ethics violations.

Oh, and "cat" is the root word for "catapault," by the way.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
I really hate PETA. Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
PETA is a scam!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
lawrh
View Profile
New user
Edmonton
6 Posts

Profile of lawrh
A while ago some jokers registered the domains peta.org and peta.net and put up a web site for PETA--People Eating Tasty Animals. Whenever someone asks my thoughts about PETA, I say I'm a charter member, but of the above. They leave me alone after that.

Lawrence
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
There was a woman from PETA on a news show last week. As the other side was talking all she could do was shake her head as hard as she could, look mad, and look like an IDIOT!!! She did not endear herself to the people watching her with it!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
"People eating tasty animals"!!! That's a keeper.
Smile Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
No subliminal messages in there, honest!
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
One thing I've noticed about the PETA folks--they NEVER hassle bikers, who ALL wear leather.

I guess it's easier to pick on blue-haired old ladies in mink coats than it is to stand up to a bunch of bikers!

Imagine what would happen if they threw blood on one of the Hell's Angels!

An image that's a keeper.

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com
"I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain so I could GRAZE!" - anon.
"Veggies are what food EATS!" - anon
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
KYTerry
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of KYTerry
Lawrence, my blood brother, People Eating Tasty Animals has a large fan base over at TedNugent.com.

The other fanatical group only pays lip service to their belief of the month. None of them have actually done anything to protect animals except run their pie hole.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
The world would be a much better place without PETA. If they had their way, they would probably try to make carnivorous species into vegetarians. Only an total idiot would try to do that.
duckster
View Profile
New user
Texas
76 Posts

Profile of duckster
Not to jump on the whole ANTI PETA discussion, but...

Anyone heard of a guy in Branson called Kirby?

I hear that the USDA recently came down on his for 75 violations regarding his animals!!!!

Anyone else heard anything about this?
Best Regards,
The Duck
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
PETA is trying to raise money for a larger headquarters.
Officials says the present headquarters isn't big enough to swing a cat!
Smile
A C Spectre
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
75 Posts

Profile of A C Spectre
"Vegetarian" - Old American Indian word meaning bad hunter Smile Smile Smile Smile
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Quote:
On 2003-12-01 14:26, duckster wrote:
Not to jump on the whole ANTI PETA discussion, but...

Anyone heard of a guy in Branson called Kirby?

I hear that the USDA recently came down on his for 75 violations regarding his animals!!!!

Anyone else heard anything about this?
Best Regards,
The Duck

Would this be Kirby Van Birch?

Max Maven once wrote about him in a philosophical piece entitled, "Schrodinger's Illusion Box". Here's the challenge:

Siegfried is locked in an opaque box. Locked in the box is a special formula that, after 2 minutes, has a 50% chance of turning him into Roy. After Siegfried is locked in the box, you wait two minutes. Now, without looking, you have no way of knowing whether it's Siegfried or Roy in the box. So, without looking, who is in the box?

Max's answer: Kirby Van Birch
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3226 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
I can imagine that if they weren’t allowed into the show for free, that PETA would complain.

I don’t think animals should be treated cruelly. I can agree with PETA on that. However, like many organizations with a cause, some members view the cause as overriding all other concerns. I’ve even seen this phenomenon in the magical community. (GASP!)

Sometimes these members take over control of the organization.

But, let’s talk turkey…

Holy Cow! They throw blood on people! It’s a rat race, a dog-eat-dog world out there, but straight from the horse’s mouth, this hog-wild behavior is unacceptable. I’m sure if you take a gander at any PETA member’s home, they’ll have animal products galore, so for them to act like strutting peacocks is absurd. They’re barking up the wrong tree.

Let’s let the stubborn mules know that the world is not their oyster, that people matter too, before they make a monkey out of us all.

These quacks are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Well, I’m going back now to being a card shark, before I get too deep into this can of worms. I think I’m beating a dead horse anyway (and what would PETA think of that?)
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
PETA is against ALL animals in performance. That includes Rabbits and Doves. They are actively soliciting to stop any animal in a public appearance, even a birthday party.

PETA is against MILK in school. It is on their website http://www.peta.org . Check it out.

PETA is against the use of COSTUMED characters of animals such as those in the Nutcracker. Again look at their website.
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
Hmmm....my animals are employed by me. They went through a screening process and I paid for their education. They get free room and board, free medical (100%), I pay all of their transportation costs, vacations & holidays, 100% paid retirement and I also pay to bury them.

They get more than my human assistants...and the animals never complain.

Smile
Coram Deo
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Quote:
On 2003-12-21 11:53, glodmagic wrote:
PETA is against ALL animals in performance. That includes Rabbits and Doves. They are actively soliciting to stop any animal in a public appearance, even a birthday party.

PETA is against MILK in school. It is on their website http://www.peta.org . Check it out.

PETA is against the use of COSTUMED characters of animals such as those in the Nutcracker. Again look at their website.

So they would be against portraying Bottom in A Midsummer Night's dream, then? Or the Croc in Peter Pan?

They're against BARNEY?!

The commie so-and-so's!!!

Talk about taking something too far! Smile

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
christopher carter
View Profile
Special user
660 Posts

Profile of christopher carter
Quote:
I’m sure if you take a gander at any PETA member’s home, they’ll have animal products galore, so for them to act like strutting peacocks is absurd. They’re barking up the wrong tree.

I'm not a PETA supporter, but I do prefer condemning a group for things the actually do, rather than things they are assumed to do. The above statement is purely supposition. Unless one actually does a survey, you have no way of knowing what percentage of PETA members actually 'walk the walk.' I can say I have met a handful of vegans who have been remarkably successful in eliminating animal products from their lives. What evidence is there that PETA supporters don't do likewise?

Second, somebody else commented that PETA opposes even the use of animal costumes. I visited the site and was unable to find mention of this. Granted, they do hold many extreme positions, so it certainly could be there somewhere. Where exactly will I find it?

Sorry to be contrary.

--Chris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » PETA claims Siegfried & Roy bribed USDA (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL