The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ChewBoxa by Dan Hauss (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8758 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
drstevemagic
View Profile
Regular user
Addicted to For Sale Forum so only have
103 Posts

Profile of drstevemagic
How do think this might work with "Ultra Gum"? And will it work with the new style of Dentyne and Trident packaging? ( see about half way down the page at: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......tart=270 )
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8758 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
There's a few things going on here.

You can change cards into gum. You can also change gum into cards, or do a reveal of a chosen card and produce a full deck of cards from the box.

I made two of them today in red Mandolin and blue Mandolin ( you can use any brand of cards ). I worked on it and have some things to do tomorrow and will give it a road spin and post tomorrow how that goes.

But, I can tell you the download is thorough and it's easy to make, easy to do. They could have supplied a pre-made gimmick in let's say red bikes and teach you how to make more, but you'd pay $35 for that and a dvd. I much prefer $19 with a download and I can make my own in any brand I choose in about 15 minutes.

The demo shows only one thing you can do with this ( I think they should show more of how versatile it is ). I like Dan and his work, so it was good enough for me.

More tomorrow, but I'm VERY pleased with this!
drstevemagic
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of drstevemagic
Thanks, Zombie, for commenting on your experience so far. Looking forward to any updates. - Steve
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8758 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-08-30 03:00, drstevemagic wrote:
How do think this might work with "Ultra Gum"? And will it work with the new style of Dentyne and Trident packaging? ( see about half way down the page at: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......tart=270 )

I don't have the other gum tricks out there, but I used it yesterday to go into Sanders Ultra Gum. Dan says you need Dentyne Ice to make it up.

I like the card box into gum. I think that's the most visual and fun to do, but others may prefer the opposite. If you like the demo, then it's for you because it's as easy to do as it looks on the demo.

BIG thumbs up from me!
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
2487 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Is there anything you don't buy Zombie? Smile
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8758 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-08-31 14:05, Sean Giles wrote:

Sean, I had to look at your pic to make sure it wasn't my wife posting as she says the same thing. I'm just happy it's the magic bug I have and I don't travel the country doing dog shows ( no disrespect to to dog show people ).
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8758 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Steve, the gimmick is easy to make and as expected, it's a big surprise when the card box changes into the gum. The reactions you'll get is worth the little time making it.
drstevemagic
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of drstevemagic
Quote:
On 2012-08-31 13:24, Zombie Magic wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-08-30 03:00, drstevemagic wrote:

I don't have the other gum tricks out there, but I used it yesterday to go into Sanders Ultra Gum. Dan says you need Dentyne Ice to make it up.

I like the card box into gum. I think that's the most visual and fun to do, but others may prefer the opposite. If you like the demo, then it's for you because it's as easy to do as it looks on the demo.

BIG thumbs up from me!

Thanks, Zombie! Just got the download and will be working on it over the weekend. Looks like I'll have to use the older style Dentyne box. Seems like all our wives have a lot in common! Best regards - Steve
drstevemagic
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of drstevemagic
Thanks again, Zombie! (deleted and re-submitted my previous post with clearer quote formatting.)
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8758 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Just went to the store and did the card box to gum for the counter lady. It's a great reaction getter.

I carry gum every day since I stopped smoking, so that's why this appealed to me. I have Dentyne with me anyway, so I'm not carrying anything extra.
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1054 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
[quote]On 2012-08-31 15:13, Zombie Magic wrote:
Quote:
Sean, I had to look at your pic to make sure it wasn't my wife posting as she says the same thing.

Quote:
On 2012-08-31 15:56, drstevemagic wrote:
Seems like all our wives have a lot in common! Best regards - Steve

This is off topic, but reading many of the posts here on the Café, it seems like we are all married to the same woman. Is that possible? Seems to me like she is the only REAL magician out there, because she can be in several different places at the same time! Uh, oh- here she comes- gotta run!!!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8758 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
BatsMagic, it's frightening.

I'm sure there are just as many magicians that are divorced from the same woman.
drstevemagic
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of drstevemagic
Hey, BatsMagic! I had a feeling you'd stop by this forum pretty soon. Wishing you a wonderful Labor Day weekend - Steve
ZoiyaKumar
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of ZoiyaKumar
Fooled! I think it'd be a great wrap up for a party performance.
ZoiyaKumar
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of ZoiyaKumar
Fooled! I think it'd be a great wrap up for a party performance.
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1054 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Quote:
On 2012-08-31 23:26, drstevemagic wrote:
Hey, BatsMagic! I had a feeling you'd stop by this forum pretty soon. Wishing you a wonderful Labor Day weekend - Steve

Thanks, Steve! Been a little busy lately. Too much stuff going on at home, both good and bad. I'm sure that you know what I mean. Unfortunately real life gets in the way of fun. But just because I'm not commenting doesn't mean I'm not paying a visit! I just don't have too much to say lately. I haven't gotten anything new in a while- as Zombie has said in another thread, the wife is a little upset with magic purchases. Oh well. I'm just trying to work on old things that I gave up on a while back. I see a few things that I need though. I'm sure that the magic wallet will open soon enough! Luckily school starts on Tuesday. At least that gets the kids out of my hair. And don't get me wrong- I do love my wife and 2 kids. Let me go on the record about that!

Happy Labor Day to all here on the Café!
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
2487 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2012-08-31 15:13, Zombie Magic wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-08-31 14:05, Sean Giles wrote:

Sean, I had to look at your pic to make sure it wasn't my wife posting as she says the same thing. I'm just happy it's the magic bug I have and I don't travel the country doing dog shows ( no disrespect to to dog show people ).

My girlfriend often says 'I think you love magic more than me' I always tell her she's wrong and I love her equally as much, if not a little more! Smile
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1054 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Good answer, Sean! At least I think it's a good answer. But what do I know?

Anyway, ChewBoxa looks nice to me, and since I use Ultra Gum, this would probably fit in well with my act. This is on my list of things I NEED to have. I just can't get it right now!
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1182 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
What is the difficulty level on a scale of 1-10. End clean/examinable? I also have an arsenal of great gum magic that this would facilitate and enhance nicely.

Thanks
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8758 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-09-04 10:59, TheMag1cian wrote:
What is the difficulty level on a scale of 1-10. End clean/examinable? I also have an arsenal of great gum magic that this would facilitate and enhance nicely.

Thanks

Easy to make, easy to use. Not examinable, but that shouldn't be an issue because it's a surprise like a color change and you move from that to another trick. I carry and use it ( I ALWAYS carry gum since I quit smoking ).

My preferred way is playing card box to gum. You get a really nice display.

Anyone getting this, take the time to make the gimmick and perform it. The reactions you'll get will be worth it.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
It looks neat but what is the get in get out. I am guessing that this cannot be used as an actually card box. You must have some reason after you cards at put away to take out the box again.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8758 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
This is a visual change of a card box to gum or the other way. How, what and who you perform for is up to the individual performer. I'm a hobbyist, so going from this into Ultra Gum or just to offer a piece of gum or take one myself, I don't have a reason to bring the box back out.
If that's what they are interested in, then I'm not doing it or any magic properly.
madcats9
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of madcats9
Any in-deepth reviews? Smile I would especially like to know, if the effect can also be performed with small hands?
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8758 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Hand size is not an issue. I do the version at 00:34 into the demo, changing the card box into the pack of gum.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
1947 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
I love this
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~Harvey Fierstein
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8758 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Alan, coming from a brilliant creator like yourself, that's very high praise.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8758 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I still use this. My favorite way to use it is to ask them to name any card in the deck. No matter what they say, I change the deck into the gum and say "that's interesting, most people name the xyz". I LOVE when they say "no thank you". I then change it into the gum and say "how about a pice of gum"?

Anyway, I see it's the Cool Box deal http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2806
Harry2665
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of Harry2665
The dentyne gum that is used by Dan is no longer available. Dentyne switched the dentyne ice package to something called double pack (Dan even says this will not work in the video). Has anyone else tried a different brand of gum? Thanks for your tip ,Zombie ,regarding the dollar stores and contacting Dan personally...unfortunately I have not had any luck with either.
Again, has anyone else tried a different brand of gum or found a good source for the Dentyne gum pack? I am dying to try this out!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
12684 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I echo your sentiments! The Download ended up being a waste of money for me, because the gum companies can't make up their freakin' minds about how they want to package their gum.

12 packs?? I have busted my butt going around to every store I can find trying to find the correct gum for this effect AND an effect on Calen Morelli's DVD, function 9, and these effects seem to be out-dated by the time the DVD gets on the market, because as I said, the gum manufacturers can't make up their freakin' minds.

Remember when you could actually get individually wrapped gum for Sankey's Juicy Fruit effect?

It's maddening! Why can't they just leave well enough alone?

All that said, I will thus end my fulminations and pleadingly ask if anyone here has come up with a way to construct the effects in question with what is currently available on the market?

Or, is it just ME? Is it just the fact that I live in a smaller town, and maybe if I lived in a bigger city like New York the bigger stores would carry the specified gun packs?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ChewBoxa by Dan Hauss (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.287914 seconds, requiring 72 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [5] [0] [0] [1] [9] [4] [3] [1]