The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ChewBoxa by Dan Hauss (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-09-04 10:59, TheMag1cian wrote:
What is the difficulty level on a scale of 1-10. End clean/examinable? I also have an arsenal of great gum magic that this would facilitate and enhance nicely.

Thanks

Easy to make, easy to use. Not examinable, but that shouldn't be an issue because it's a surprise like a color change and you move from that to another trick. I carry and use it ( I ALWAYS carry gum since I quit smoking ).

My preferred way is playing card box to gum. You get a really nice display.

Anyone getting this, take the time to make the gimmick and perform it. The reactions you'll get will be worth it.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
It looks neat but what is the get in get out. I am guessing that this cannot be used as an actually card box. You must have some reason after you cards at put away to take out the box again.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
This is a visual change of a card box to gum or the other way. How, what and who you perform for is up to the individual performer. I'm a hobbyist, so going from this into Ultra Gum or just to offer a piece of gum or take one myself, I don't have a reason to bring the box back out.
If that's what they are interested in, then I'm not doing it or any magic properly.
madcats9
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of madcats9
Any in-deepth reviews? Smile I would especially like to know, if the effect can also be performed with small hands?
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Hand size is not an issue. I do the version at 00:34 into the demo, changing the card box into the pack of gum.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
I love this
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Alan, coming from a brilliant creator like yourself, that's very high praise.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I still use this. My favorite way to use it is to ask them to name any card in the deck. No matter what they say, I change the deck into the gum and say "that's interesting, most people name the xyz". I LOVE when they say "no thank you". I then change it into the gum and say "how about a pice of gum"?

Anyway, I see it's the Cool Box deal http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2806
Harry2665
View Profile
Regular user
So pitiful, all I have are
200 Posts

Profile of Harry2665
The dentyne gum that is used by Dan is no longer available. Dentyne switched the dentyne ice package to something called double pack (Dan even says this will not work in the video). Has anyone else tried a different brand of gum? Thanks for your tip ,Zombie ,regarding the dollar stores and contacting Dan personally...unfortunately I have not had any luck with either.
Again, has anyone else tried a different brand of gum or found a good source for the Dentyne gum pack? I am dying to try this out!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I echo your sentiments! The Download ended up being a waste of money for me, because the gum companies can't make up their freakin' minds about how they want to package their gum.

12 packs?? I have busted my butt going around to every store I can find trying to find the correct gum for this effect AND an effect on Calen Morelli's DVD, function 9, and these effects seem to be out-dated by the time the DVD gets on the market, because as I said, the gum manufacturers can't make up their freakin' minds.

Remember when you could actually get individually wrapped gum for Sankey's Juicy Fruit effect?

It's maddening! Why can't they just leave well enough alone?

All that said, I will thus end my fulminations and pleadingly ask if anyone here has come up with a way to construct the effects in question with what is currently available on the market?

Or, is it just ME? Is it just the fact that I live in a smaller town, and maybe if I lived in a bigger city like New York the bigger stores would carry the specified gun packs?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of Acar
I found this gum that works. Several flavors are available.

Edit: oops. Tried to upload photo from my phone. Will fix as soon as I can get to my laptop.
Harry2665
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of Harry2665
ACAR, eagerly waiting your reply. I tried contacting your customer service previously and all they said was to do internet searches or look at Sams/COstco and look at each package of gum. I do not need a case of gum nor do I know what type of box is the right type. Again, thanks if you can help me and others with this.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I second that. If you can fix this glitch, you are definitely a miracle worker.

Maybe even genuinely magical?
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of Acar
Here it is:

I added higher res versions at
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2806

Harry2665
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of Harry2665
Acar, I have never heard nor seen this gum before in my life. Where have you seen this? If that is our only choice, is there a way to get a refund on the trick since it is totally worthless.
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of Acar
Harry, we're always going to take good care of you, if you decide something is worthless.

That said, I never said this was the only gum out there that would work. I just saw this at the grocery store last week and knew it'd be perfect for chewboxa.

Gum packages are indeed always changing, and sometimes even in different packaging in different areas! But the blister pack concept has been around for a long time and isn't going anywhere. Whether it's for cough drops, aspirin, gum, or whatever else is invented.

I'll compile a list of other gum that will work.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I would appreciate that.
Harry2665
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of Harry2665
I also would appreciate it. Penguin has always been good to me. Great products, good prices and always great service. I know it must be frustrating to you also that a product is put out and items are no longer available. Looking forward to finding a gum box we can use.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
It's sad that the world we are living in is changing so fast that effects get out-dated as fast as they are put on the market. As I said, it seems to me that gum manufacturers can't seem to leave well enough alone!

As a last resort, if Acar can't come up with the required box, is Dan a member of the Café? If so, I wonder if he happens to have some spare boxes lying around that he would be willing to share (for the minimal cost of shipping) so that his effect doesn't fall into complete obscurity?
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
What if we were told what requirements the box needed ,we could look for our selves. Of course Info given with proof of purchase? Ex:The box demensions type of cut out in the box needed ,if any.I know the new double pack is too thick. How thick should the pack be?ECT...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ChewBoxa by Dan Hauss (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL