The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Help with Ponta The Smith's Stripper Deck Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Hi, This is the stripper deck routine from Ponta The Smith: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ijZXXuKKYo

I understand most of it but the last part is not clear where he turns half the cards face down in the deck and give the deck a few cuts making only the aces to be face up. Is there a name of this effect? Is it explained in some book? Thanks.
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Please help? Smile
BWind
View Profile
Loyal user
Honolulu, Hawaii
262 Posts

Profile of BWind
Dear Shakuni,
You'll need to post this in The Banquet Room under the Secret Session topic ..... unfortunately, you'll need to have posted at least 50 legitimate postings before you are allowed into that section.
BWind
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Ok Sir, Thanks for the input. I will post when I have sufficient permissions. Thanks.
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1227 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Quote:
On 2012-09-03 15:56, BWind wrote:
Dear Shakuni,
You'll need to post this in The Banquet Room under the Secret Session topic ..... unfortunately, you'll need to have posted at least 50 legitimate postings before you are allowed into that section.
BWind

It won't take him very long since he's posting questions all over the place and even posting same question in different places ...

mlippo
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Quote:
On 2012-09-04 03:30, mlippo wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-09-03 15:56, BWind wrote:
Dear Shakuni,
BWind

It won't take him very long since he's posting questions all over the place and even posting same question in different places ...

mlippo

Hi Sir, is it not a good idea to ask multiple questions on the same day? Also I have posted a question regarding the name of card tricks in two forums, I agree. But the questions belongs to the two forums. Is it against forum rules? If it is, then please delete it. Thanks for your help.
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1227 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Quote:
On 2012-09-04 03:53, shakuni wrote:
Hi Sir, is it not a good idea to ask multiple questions on the same day? Also I have posted a question regarding the name of card tricks in two forums, I agree. But the questions belongs to the two forums. Is it against forum rules? If it is, then please delete it. Thanks for your help.

As a member you have the right to ask all the questions you wish.

But, please consider that asking same question twice about a trick with gaffed cards that no one would perform nowadays and which is not even sold in children’s magic sets anymore and not receiving any reply, should maybe ring a bell …

Posting little after your question, another post asking why no one is replying, may also be seen as weird.

Unfortunately, trolling is not unusual here.

With all respect

mlippo
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Quote:
On 2012-09-04 05:12, mlippo wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-09-04 03:53, shakuni wrote:

As a member you have the right to ask all the questions you wish.

But, please consider that asking same question twice about a trick with gaffed cards that no one would perform nowadays and which is not even sold in children’s magic sets anymore and not receiving any reply, should maybe ring a bell …

Posting little after your question, another post asking why no one is replying, may also be seen as weird.

Unfortunately, trolling is not unusual here.

With all respect

mlippo

ok Sir, I will keep your inputs in mind and will not bump any topics any more. Thanks for your help.
RussoMagic.com
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of RussoMagic.com
Shakuni,

Don't worry about posts. I had a username that had over hundred of good posts, inputed my email wrong in my prefs & asked for the password and it reset it and then was sending to the bad email address. I spent weeks on trying to contact about 8 head members of this site. Even added Steve to my Facebook and msg'd him. No one got back with me ever. I'm in the same boat with you and have to repost all over again.

It seems like they block your posts, delete your private msgs (even though you are 'ALLOWED' 60)all the time, will write you about changing the all-mighty bunny avatar, and delete your posts about trading in the 'DVD trading' section. But, no replies when you need help.

As far as, mlippo, might be a little flippo. isn't it a good thing to do something that not everyone is doing!? And when has the stripper deck become useless?! It been around for years and might be one of the greatest trick decks ever. If, you deck switch it in at the right time, you can perform true miracles.

Sorry for ranting, just read your post on a simple question (and a really good demo) and you got all the flack from the power-mongers. Unfortunately the magic world is full of a bunch of them and full of other things too. Smile

peace -
R
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Help with Ponta The Smith's Stripper Deck Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL