The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE BOOF! by Liam Montier (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I am not sure of many things in this world, but one thing I am sure of is that I was d*mn lucky to meet Liam Montier. This guy is a magic machine and a super great, if annoying, person to bounce ideas off of. I say annoying because when you show him a trick. he'll instantly find three ways to improve the handling and make it monumentally better in less than five minutes (Jack Tighe, one of Liam's sessioning buddies has experienced this as well, the story of which he relates in the soon to be mentioned PDF).

But I digress. The point of this thread is to discuss Liam's new ebook THE BOOF! Yes, I, too, thought the title to be a bit high brow and pretentious but I'll forgive Liam for this minor infraction of the rules of titlery as the material in this ebook is, frankly, off the freakin' chain!

Fully embracing the maxim that you can never have too much of a good thing, Liam has given us a 65 page PDF brimming with awesome, mostly impromptu, card magic. 15 effects in all.

Now, I have seen a lot of this material in person so I can attest to its potency. But he's obviously been keeping things from me (the jerk!) because there were about three or four tricks I had never seen before that are really top notch.

Mystery card effects, assemblies, collector routines, faux cheating demonstrations, Liam leaves no cool plot unturned in this tome of cool magic.

Here are the contents:

Scatter Shot -- A multi-phased Ace production specifically designed for an opener. The
Aces literally seem to come from everywhere, right up to the mind-
blowing finish.

Favouritism -- A spectator nominates their lucky Jack to find two selected cards, but
discovers it can do much better than that! A great ‘kick back’ style
routine.

Psychic Blackjack -- Lay out four blackjack hands, and then loan the spectator a poker chip
in order to make a bet on your behalf. They have a completely free
choice, but they always pick the hand that’s best for you…

Hard to Read -- A demonstration that appears to be all about watching for a spectators
‘tell’ and reading their poker face to reveal their selection, but is really
about winning, by any means necessary!

X-Static -- A very efficient sandwich routine that boils down to literally one move
that does everything – great card magic has never been lazier!

The Big Squeeze -- A simple and off-beat variation of the Hofsinzer Lost Ace Problem,
where the Aces reveal the suit and value of a selection, before being
squeezed together to produce the card!

Equidistant Transpo -- A streamlined take on a notoriously difficult plot that sees two packets
of cards transposing, despite being buried in different sections of the
deck. And this version is (nearly) easy!

Straight and Narrow -- What happens when you tweak the timing on the classic Jazz Aces, and
then add a kicker that shows you only play it straight? BOOF happens!

Munchies -- Everyone’s favourite story style trick gets a bold but fun make over ,
and you will love performing it, even if people do question your sanity.

King King Thing Thing -- Richard Sanders ‘King Thing’ is so good, it should be repeated.
Immediately. Now it can be!

Britland Twist -- The four Jacks are removed, twist repeatedly, and then suddenly
change into four Aces. A streamlined version of a dynamite David
Britland routine.

Cheater -- A perfectly justified Black Jack transposition that has it all - visual
moments, tight handling, strong effect and big boobies.

BONUS ‘TAG TEAM’ SECTION! Jack Tighe and Liam Montier

Retarded Departure -- Take a standard plot. Make it baffling, backfire, and easier to do than
the original version. You will never go back!

Collectable -- This version of Roy Walton’s plot has more repeats than Xmas TV!
(That’s a lie - it just has one repeat).

Whispersition -- A perfect blend of Scottish cardmanship. Start with Jerry Sadowitz,
add lots of Roy Walton, and whack on some Dave Campbell at the end.

I don't know if he has any demos up of any of the tricks but hopefully he does or will do (hint, hint, Liam) so you can get a sense of some of the routines. Awesome material in here.

Available at http://www.tricktastic.com
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Does Liam reveal what happened to Psycho Bunny?
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Now that's a great question that I'm sure Liam will reveal someday when he's ready.

BTW, when you order The Boof!, you get his equally awesome ebook, Cardio, for free! All for only $15.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Just ordered. Too good of a deal to pass up. How do I receive the downloads?
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Me too just ordered
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

BTW, if you do nothing else, be sure to check out the last trick in the ebook: Whispersition, Liam and Jack's take on Roy Walton's Stage Shout. You'll never stop doing it.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Sorry cameron just put the cards down to read the Café, gotta give my hands a rest from performing this routine, awesomeness comes to mind!!!
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
I'm familiar with Whisperstition from Liam's Elmsley Count Project DVD set. It's excellent.
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
These tricks are top notch. I read trough Cardio first and it was absolutely fantastic. GREAT effects in there. I've already performed a few for friends. I haven't even started reading The Boof itself yet I've already gotten my moneys worth for the bonus booklet alone. Can't wait to get home and crack open my deck of cards and spend some time alone with my cards and my computer B)
professorwho
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of professorwho
Aaarrgghhh, I wish Liam would stop putting stuff out there, it is not good for my bank balance!
I love sponges
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
This is stupid good. Both ebooks are packed full of such hard hitting magic. I REALLY like King King Thing Thing. I feel extremely devious when performing it.
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
Thanks guys, pleased with all the feedback so far Smile

Just a quick note to say that the free 'Cardio' deal when you get 'The BOOF' from tricktastic.com ends monday.

Get in quick! Smile

Cheers,

Liam.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
I'm in!
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Okay, I'm in!

U.S. people: 10 UK pounds is less than $16.50 in U.S.-type dollars.
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Cardio is the best bonus I've ever gotten. No joke. You guys need to hurry.
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
Just Under 24 hours to get the freebie 'Cardio' PDF chaps, offer will end midnight on the monday, UK time.

Cheers all!

Liam
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
I haven't stopped performing these tricks since I read the PDF. I love all of them. Really great work Liam.
Aus
View Profile
Special user
Australia
997 Posts

Profile of Aus
Is there download page or is this sent manuel by e-mail? Only just ordered.

Magically

Aus
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
Sorry chaps, forgot to mention - I do send the PDF's out manually. However, I am on the computer an unholy amount, so waiting times should be minimal.

Peace and good vibes! And thanks MagicMaddy, I hope you have great fun playing with and showing the tricks around Smile

Liam.
BigSmile
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of BigSmile
Hey Liam,
you should spend less time on the computer and more time with those nice "bunnies" from the Self Working Card Tricks DVD... Smile

How long is the chance to grab the Cardio bonus for free along with the Boof e-book?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE BOOF! by Liam Montier (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL