The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Best Penguin Lecture? (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
slider_777
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of slider_777
Oz 2 was very useful of commercial tips :-D
Paul Magic
View Profile
New user
Germany
19 Posts

Profile of Paul Magic
I think that the lectures of Dani Garcia (cards and everyday objects, presentation) and Michael Eaton (coins, rubberbands, spongeballs) had the most to offer for a close up magician!

From a theoretical/marketing point of view Oz's second lecture was great, too. Hmm...the three tricks/application of existing tricks (Alarmed) told were not bad at all (I have not purchased Oz first lecture).

P.S: Yet, I have seen the lectures of eric jones, john allen, shawn farquar, david roth, joshua jay, jay sankey, mark mason (all good lecture apart from jay sankey which was not my cup of tea).
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
632 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
It's been about a year and a lot more lectures have taken place since then. So what are the ones that you have enjoyed the most so far, and why?

If you don't mind, please also state the lectures you have seen so far.

I've only downloaded two recently so I'm not in a good spot to offer an opinion yet but I'm hoping to buy some more and would love to hear everyone's thoughts. (so far I have Osterlind's and DaOrtiz's)
ace1323
View Profile
New user
CT
20 Posts

Profile of ace1323
Recently saw Shin Lim's and thought it was excellent. Most was more advanced technique - but loved some of the effects
Alwow
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
544 Posts

Profile of Alwow
As a mentalist Peter Turner's is a must have, absolutely priceless. I also enjoyed Colin Mcleod's. For the Magi, I'd say probably Dani DaOrtiz.
"Everything I show you is the truth... And the truth is the loveliest of lies"
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
Peter Turner was definitely an eye opener. Lots of ideas and principles I wasn't aware of. Super cool watching him talk about and take risks was just one of the highlights.
oliversmith
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of oliversmith
I have really enjoyed lectures by Bizarro, Oz Pearlman and especially Daniel Garcia. Ian Rowland was also interesting.
riju1985
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of riju1985
I found shawn farquar, david roth and mark masons lecres are very good

Devin Knight gave away a lot of PDFs so you can get things out of that lecture also

Dani da Ortizs lecture was also absolutely WORTH!!!!!!!
one of the very best
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Of the ones I've seen this year, I really loved Paul Wilson's. Great mix of effects, from self-working to heavy sleights, and a fair amount of inspiration (really).
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Mark masons was awesome I adore the monte trick he does fries layman
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
846 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
Quote:
On 2013-08-07 18:11, riju1985 wrote:
I found shawn farquar, david roth and mark masons lecres are very good

I'm still trying to recover from Shawn's lecture. It was like a brain download from The Matrix movie, still processing all the ideas/tips.
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
John Guataferro was great. #Boom
magic1178
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of magic1178
I've watched 18 lectures

my top three

Oz second lecture

Peter Turner

and for me my favorite was Looch,
relaxed style with simple and strong effects.
Derek Johnston
Knobz1
View Profile
Regular user
Charlotte, NC
157 Posts

Profile of Knobz1
My question was going to be if you could only purchase one penguin live lecture which would you choose between Peter Turner and Devin Knight?
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Ian Rowland hands down.
Sure-fire material and very entertaining!
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On 2013-08-09 18:37, Knobz1 wrote:
My question was going to be if you could only purchase one penguin live lecture which would you choose between Peter Turner and Devin Knight?

Depends on what kind of magic you want to do.

If you want real world material that you can work instantly - you want Devin.

If you want principles and stuff that takes work - you want peter
Knobz1
View Profile
Regular user
Charlotte, NC
157 Posts

Profile of Knobz1
Quote:
On 2013-08-09 18:56, Magic.Maddy wrote:
Quote:

Depends on what kind of magic you want to do.

If you want real world material that you can work instantly - you want Devin.

If you want principles and stuff that takes work - you want peter
Thanks Maddy. I plan on getting both but will probably go with Devins tonight. Thanks again.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Quote:

Personally I would go with Petes although to be fair I haven't seen Devins. However if I could only keep one of my penguin lectures that I have bought it would be Pete Turners. I probably got more individual effects out of any one of the other lectures I've bought but Petes lecture was more inspirational than any other and probably has and will continue to have a bigger impact on my own performances than any other lecture. If I could only keep 2 my second would be Marc Spellmans. But everyone is different and one mans meat is another mans poison.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
678 Posts

Profile of smullins
They are all really solid. Here's some of my favorites (no particular order):

Dani DaOrtiz
Woody Aragon
Doug Conn
Dan Harlan 2
Ryan Schlutz
Aldo Colombini
David Regal

All of them are great though my list could probably be much bigger for ones I just loved watching. These are just the ones I really took something away from.
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Charlie Frye, Jimmy Fingers, Dan Harlan,Ian Rowland Devin Knight Colin McLeod........ All the lectures that I have seen have been very good (except for one which I won't mention)
There is enough material here to last a lifetime.

Chappelly
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Best Penguin Lecture? (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL