The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Tricks with dice (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Elite user
In Seattle, I have no less than
461 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
Crazy Cube, a second sight effect.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
19997 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
7 Lucky Dice by Diamond Jim Tyler

Forcing Dice included.

https://www.mymagic.com/p/mental-magic/7......im-tyler
Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
6567 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Hi! Mind Magic mentioned that Dr. Sack's dice routine is in Bruce Elliot's "Classic Secrets of Magic".

Vlad_77 mentioned that it's in "Phoenix". It's in Phoenix #152.

The late Mel Burkhart, an old side show friend, did it with dice about 2" (cube).
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Antony Gerard
View Profile
Veteran user
Kalamazoo, Michigan
363 Posts

Profile of Antony Gerard
A few other effects that employ dice that I found in my collection are, Abbott's "Whiz Ding", Ed Mishell's "Chip Stack", and "Twenty-First Century Miko" put out by Paul Diamond.
Antony Gerard
View Profile
Veteran user
Kalamazoo, Michigan
363 Posts

Profile of Antony Gerard
This is an idea from my lecture notes/book "Happy Hour" (2014). I originally discovered this idea in 1988 and taught it at many of my lectures, however, I did not put it in print until 2014.

15. White Flower Liquid; White Flower liquid is a Chinese analgesic liquid used for treating muscle strains, congestion, arthritis pain, some headaches, and several other ailments. I started using it in 1988, after sustaining a shoulder injury. It was shown to me by Dr. Wu during the Las Vegas Desert Magic Seminar who treated my shoulder after my injury. Shortly after I started treating my shoulder with the White Flower, I discovered that it had a strange effect on my fingers. It acted as an astringent that caused my fingers to simulate a rattling dice sound when I would rub them together. It really sounds like a pair of dice being rattled around in your hand. I immediately saw the possibilities for the effect. Two of my ideas are; Drop several dice on the table, pretend to pick two of the dice up, and rattle them in your hands. I now ask a spectator, "Call out any number.", and after the spectator calls a number, throw the dice to the table. However the dice vanish. I then say, "Sorry - better luck next time." Or, instead of nothing falling from your hand, a silver dollar or two fall out. Instead of, "Sorry - better luck next time.", at this time I would say, "Nope - it is heads." That is if the coin drops head side up. Otherwise I would of course say, "Nope - it is tails." This could make for a good segue from a dice routine and into a coin routine.

I once showed my vanishing dice effect to my friend Roger Klause who immediately started to use it. I also performed it at many of my lectures. I was amused when a few of my lecture attendees thought that I was using some sort of recording device to create the sound of rattling dice.

Another of its uses is; it clears the sinuses. Something that is very handy when you live in Michigan where colds, flu, hay fever, and congestion are the norm. I would use it just before starting my show or lecture so that my sinuses were clear and I was refreshed. White Flower liquid is available through most Chinese grocery stores. There is one downside to using White Flower Liquid. It has a very strong Camphor and Eucalyptus smell to it.

I hope that you enjoy my idea and will try it
Antony Gerard
Antony Gerard Magic
AntonyGerard.com
Antony Gerard
View Profile
Veteran user
Kalamazoo, Michigan
363 Posts

Profile of Antony Gerard
Axel Hecklau has a good dice effect called "Just a cup". Very magical looking.

Harold Catquet also has a few good dice ideas. Harold has given me permission to include some of his ideas in my new dice effect, "Red Hot Dice".
Antony Gerard
View Profile
Veteran user
Kalamazoo, Michigan
363 Posts

Profile of Antony Gerard
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2012, bwarren3 wrote:
This is really easy and neat Dice trick that I teach in all of my magic classes...uses just regular dice that I get from the dollar store, usually the colored dice..
Tell your audience of poker buddies or friends you can do remote viewing. Explain what this is for those with puzzled looks on their faces.
Pick one person and give them a pair of dice. Turn your back to the person with the dice. Tell the group you'll have the person generate a random number with the dice and then, with remote viewing, magically determine the number
Instruct the person to roll the dice. Tell her to add the two numbers on the dice together in her head, but not to say anything out loud.
Have your friend pick up one of the dice, turn it over and look at the number. Tell him to add this number to the total.

I thought that you might be interested to know that, "The Dice Prediction", was first described in print in "Tagliente’s Libro Dabacco" in 1552. At 465 years old, "The Dice Prediction" is one of the oldest magic effects still being performed.

Ask the dice roller to roll the dice she picked up one more time. Then, have her add this number to her total as well.
Turn around to face the person and the dice. Look at the dice, add the numbers showing together and then add seven. By adding seven, you'll always come up with their number no matter what the number is.
Make a good magic presentation of the dice trick. Tell the person to concentrate on his number and pretend to go into a remove viewing trance. To add to the dramatic effect, write the number on a piece of paper and reveal it to the group.

Bill
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Riding the Cancer Recovery Coaster into
3582 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-......nd-bolt/ Curtis Kam teaches a great routine on this inexpensive download (along with a cool self twisting nut and bolt - with a little something extra involved. I found the item without too much effort).

At Magi-Fest 2016, Glenn Morphew showed myself and two of my friends a breathtakingly smooth dice routine that I am not sure he has released yet. At least it is not on his site yet http://povmagician.com/shop/ Hopefully, he releases it eventually as it is still burnt into my mind in the "as real as magic can look" category. Smile C'mon Glenn... get with it. [Until then check out some of his other fine routines. This guy does not put out anything bt PURE WORKERS
www.shadowpest.wordpress.com <~~my cancer story

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Tricks with dice (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL