The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Al Schneider's OSMOSIS (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I thought I knew what was going to happen ( coins through silk, ala Ammar ) and then he punched me between the eyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S9pavdVRKw
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Looks awesome. thanks for sharing
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST, STEEL Stage Version,
X-RAY Stage Version
http://rasmusmagic.ch
ike_hill
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of ike_hill
Now that's some nice hand skills.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Al Schneider is so very, very brilliant.
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
I really like Chris Power's version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxaqMgTanR0

Joe
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
That looked really good!
slider_777
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of slider_777
I don't like the ending part.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Way too much talking in Chris's routine. Three minutes of talk before the first effect! Looks to be Vernon's Expansion of Texture. See Bobo.

Osmosis is a different effect altogether.

Jim
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
..yup..Quick and to the point..Al is cool...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
slider_777
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of slider_777
Yea clearly a problem of tempo
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
864 Posts

Profile of Leo Reynolds Jr
Al Schneider Magic L&L Publishing e-books Chapter 37 Great book on theory of Magic.Great video thanks for sharing

Best
Leo Jr.
L Trunk
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
207 Posts

Profile of L Trunk
I bought Osmosis from Al's website as an ebook a few years back and it's a really strong trick. If you take the time to master it, people will gasp. The L&L book has a lot of great routines in it. Besides the L&L book, I noticed that Al has been releasing his latest stuff as books on Amazon.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Al teaches Osmosis on his International Magic Lecture DVD, There is a different clip of the routine on Penguin:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S10807
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Thanks for the link to Chris Power's routine. I had always heard that his was the best handling around, but I have never seen it until now. I was not at all disappointed. Judging from the audience reaction, he didn't disappoint anyone there, either.

I'm not sure it makes much sense to compare the Power routine to Osmosis. The former has three distinct phases, and Power allows each phase to "breathe" nicely. With the humorous introduction, it's a full routine. Osmosis seems to be designed to be one amazing event. Not really long enough to stand alone as an act, or a set. Each has its time and place. Personally, I like them both.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Yes, I thought Chris's routine was excellent too. One man's meat is another one's poison, I suppose.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-09-10 07:04, Bob_Hummer wrote:
I really like Chris Power's version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxaqMgTanR0

Joe

Apples and oranges compared to Al's Osmosis. Not the same trick. Also, if you watch Al's Technique DVD's, he can routine anything. He just chose to make Osmosis a short routine. He could have chatted, made them laugh, etc.

But, WHAT a talent this Chris Power is. I laughed out loud so hard. Killer funny.

Chris's trick is similar to Ammar's ( Chris credits it as a starting point for his ) then he went in a different direction. FIne trick, just was different than Osmosis.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Except for the long drawn out patter which I hate Chris's effect was more magical than AL's and Ammars's in my opinion
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I liked Chris's coins through silk more than Ammar's, but it's not the same trick as Al's.

As far as patter, entertaining a large audience from the stage is different than for one person or no people and a camera ( for magicians ). Chris's audience laugh ( me too ) and were entertained.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
I must try and get the video or dvd to learn this, if you have it for sale contact me please. Keith, magicwalsh@gmail.com thank you.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Chris Power used the word "silk" (in reference to his handkerchief). tsk tsk
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Al Schneider's OSMOSIS (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL