The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » A good DVD for flourishes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Lefebure
View Profile
Loyal user
Lille, France
202 Posts

Profile of Lefebure
Anyone could suggest me a good DVD with beautiful flourishes to learn ?
p-n_junction
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of p-n_junction
Dan and Dave Buck.
They release tons of stuff on subject.
Lefebure
View Profile
Loyal user
Lille, France
202 Posts

Profile of Lefebure
Thanks !
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
McBride
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Jeff Sheridan
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
632 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
McBride videos are great, and happen to be some of my favorites. But I would also say that while they have a lot of great flourishes, they lean more toward card manipulations, like producing single cards and card fans. But you will get a good mix of everything with Jeff's set, and he is an awesome teacher.

If you are leaning more towards just flourishes, I would also recommend Andre Jikh's Genesis:

http://media.theory11.com/2621-GENESIS-by-Andrei-Jikh

Also, if you can give us more detail on the types of flourishes you like, we can help you even more. Listed below are some examples:

Card fanning
Card and fan productions
Sybils (rotating/manipulating packets of cards into a complex cut)
Changes (changing one card into another)
Packet Displays

That and are you looking to add a little extra style to your card magic (i.e. Lepaul Spread for picking a card)...or are you just wanting to perform flourishes in and of themselves?

Some other resources:
http://forums.theory11.com/forumdisplay.......urishing
http://thevirts.com/
http://www.reddit.com/r/cardistry
Albatros
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
132 Posts

Profile of Albatros
You also might want to check out DeVo`s XCM DVDs... they are well made and offer much material, be it for a beginner or for seasoned pros Smile

All the best,
Sven ^^
"Palming cards... Like sex, it can be learned by almost anybody,but doing it well requires some native talent and assiduous practice." (John Scarne)
ronnyman
View Profile
New user
Indiana
56 Posts

Profile of ronnyman
My favorite is 'Fans, Flourishes and False Shuffles' by Richard Turner. The Bucks do have a lot out there so they're probably easier (and cheaper) to find. Sheridan was good but hard to follow for some reason.
highcard
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of highcard
Robert P., thanks for so many great resources. This is an area where I need a lot of improvement so these links will be very useful. I've not worked with cards nearly as much as other things and it's time that I did something about that.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I, too, think the D'evo DVD is worth the price for its fanning section alone. And let's be honest: the most fundamental flourishes are the Charlier and the fan. Nearly everything else is a variation of the two.
Magic-Scott
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of Magic-Scott
McBride and Devo dvds
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Jerry Cestkowski’s terrific and seminal book, “Encyclopedia of Playing Card Flourishes” is sold with DVD sets as follows:

http://www.flourishman.com/DVDs.htm

"The Encyclopedia of Playing Card Flourishes
Cover to Cover, Volume 1"
See the Flourishman perform every flourish in Chapters 1 through 3 of what is already considered the bible of fancy playing card manipulations. In addition to demonstrating the first 56 stunts in the already classic "Encyclopedia," there are 56 performance tips, 3 basic chapter-specific routines, 3 additional routines, and more than 50 additional flourishes. There is even a section on how to prepare cards for flourishes plus outtakes and the kind of madness only the Flourishman could generate. See the famous L-Cut, 6-Packet Display Cut, and Fan Twirl in action. See a behind-the-back L-X Quad Cut sequence. See many original creations never before published, not even in the "Encyclopedia." See more than 25 years of experience compressed into easy-to-understand advice that is guaranteed to enhance your artistic card manipulation.

Cover to Cover, Volume 2"
The Flourishman has done it again! Wall-to-wall non-stop action! See the Flourishman perform every flourish in Chapters 4 through 6 of his comprehensive manual of artistic card manipulation. Not only that, but there are performance tips, advice on body and hand positioning, even tips on how to keep the deck square. See stunning routines, including the signature "Twist Cut" routine. See loads of never-before published stunts like the Double Arm Roll Fan Close, the Behind-The-Head Deck Catch, the New Fan Spin and New Fan Spin Close, the Corner To Corner Twirl, the 720 Degree Deck Catch and much more! This second performance-only DVD is a companion to the book itself, which painstakingly teaches every flourish. The flourishes themselves are not taught on this DVD. Just seeing the flourishes in motion and in routines will reveal a wealth of priceless information available nowhere else. And no one but the Flourishman has the endless supply of moves to delivery so much variety at such a manic pace!

Cover to Cover, Volume 3"
The saga continues! See the Flourishman perform every flourish in Chapters 7 through 9 of his comprehensive manual of artistic card manipulation. Not only that, but there are performance tips, advice on routining, and the usual stunning routines. See the famous Pirouette Arm-Spread Catch, the True Double Fan Shuffle and the Impossible Double Arm-Spread. See the Flourishman juggle two cards in one hand while shuffling the rest of the deck in the other. See full routines of one- and two-hand shuffles, two complete routines of arm-spreads, and the unique still deck and two-card juggling routines. See never-before published stunts like the Jump Through Shuffle, Double Overhand Shuffle, Back-Arm Changeover Arm-Spread, Giant Upright Arm-Spread, Whole Arm-Spread Catch and many many more! This third performance-only DVD is a companion to the book itself, which painstakingly teaches every flourish. The flourishes themselves are not taught on this DVD. Just seeing the flourishes in motion and in routines will reveal a wealth of priceless information available nowhere else. And no one but the Flourishman has the endless supply of moves to delivery so much variety at such a manic pace!

Cover to Cover, Volume 4"
See the Flourishman perform every flourish in Chapters 9 through 12 of what is already considered the bible of fancy playing card manipulations. In addition to demonstrating all of the stunts in the last three chapters of the already classic "Encyclopedia," there are the usual performance tips, chapter-specific routines, additional routines, and more than 50 additional flourishes. There is even a section on teaching you the Flourishman's favorite gags, and for the first time ever, 5 minutes of live stage performance footage. See card juggling, table cuts, deck twirls, aerials, and much more. See many original creations never before published, not even in the "Encyclopedia." See more than 25 years of experience compressed into easy-to-understand advice that is guaranteed to enhance your artistic card manipulation.

Extreme Beginners (XB) DVD
The ultimate resource for everyone from the beginner to the seasoned pro. This 2-DVD extravaganza is packed with nearly 4 hours of exciting and useful content and is overflowing with valuable tips and tricks of the trade. If you are a complete newcomer to the art of Extreme Card Manipulation, this is the best possible learning tool you can obtain. If you are an experienced old timer, you will still find loads of items you have never seen before and will want to use in your act. Lavishly edited and produced by De'vo Vom Shattenreich,these DVDs will change your outlook on card manipulation. There are contributions from Jeff McBride, Daryl, Finger Fitness Expert Greg Irwin, as well as hands on teaching from De'vo and the Flourishman. In fact, I am your guide for an hour-long fanning tutorial that is guaranteed to improve the look of your fans. And that is just the beginning -- you will learn cuts and armspreads and springs and shuffles and aerials and much, much more. The segment on picking up dropped cards reveals never before published secrets, and the proper "work" on springing the cards will lenghten both your springs the applause of your audience. Easy to learn from, exciting to watch, benefit from the experience of the pros today!
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
McBride and sheridan
Wizzard
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Wizzard
Showoff with Cards http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/916
JMN
It's never the wand, it's always the magician
b0sl0q7
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of b0sl0q7
Jeff McBride has a great 2 DVD set called The Art of Card Manipulation. That one is great because it takes you through a ton of moves from begginers to advanced!
Zack_Johnston
View Profile
Special user
California
656 Posts

Profile of Zack_Johnston
Quote:
On 2013-02-25 15:37, Wizzard wrote:
Showoff with Cards http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/916
JMN

Definitely. GREAT course in showoff fancy fluorishes. Smile

God bless,

Zachary Johnston

:bluebikes:
portellamagic
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of portellamagic
World XCM Volume 1 or Extreme beginners from De'vo. He also sells budles with several dvd's. The man is a legend in this area....
Nick Portella
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Go with D&D first. There beginning lessons are free downloads and very good.
http://dananddave.com/
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
myrealsphinx
View Profile
New user
Brazil
79 Posts

Profile of myrealsphinx
Jeff McBride, Dan and Dave and Andrei Jikh, the rest, come after that...
COB
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of COB
Dan and Dave is the way to go if you want flourishes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » A good DVD for flourishes (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL