The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Magic and Juggling (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Siraldi
View Profile
Regular user
Johnson City, Tennessee
102 Posts

Profile of Siraldi
I work in Restaurants and also do small venue shows (such as birthday parties and nursing homes/ assisted living facilities). I am working on a stage/parlor sized show and really enjoy adding juggling to my act. As of now I do multiplying billiard balls or sponge balls and use a change bag to change them into my juggling balls. I have a few minute juggling routine... mainly eating an apple and juggling. I am learning ring and club juggling (3 is my limit for those and 4 balls is my limit at the moment). I was hoping to maybe get a few ideas for adding some juggling with magic instead of just "WHAMO! Here's my juggling balls"

I really appreciate any ideas! I think that juggling and magic should be closer!

Sincerely

Siraldi
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
I assume you know the "color changing rings" juggling moves. If not, learn them. You can also reach through the rings while juggling and produce scarves, which get juggled along with the rings, or rings in one hand and scarves in the other. Then you can stop juggling and do a penetration of a scarf through a ring as a magic effect. Spellbinder is about to release his thoughts on performing with "Porcupine Balls" in The Wizards' Journal #24. He points out that you can juggle porcupine balls more easily than sponge balls, and you can also do sponge ball type magic with them.
Siraldi
View Profile
Regular user
Johnson City, Tennessee
102 Posts

Profile of Siraldi
I just checked out the color changing rings! That is awsome! I've never seen it until now. Thanks so much! And I never thought of porcupine balls either! I'll work with this. Thanks so much!
magicmanu
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of magicmanu
I think this one could be somthing for u
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JI03MW3Oms&feature=related
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Just don't adopt his facial expressions; a teenager in angst.
Siraldi
View Profile
Regular user
Johnson City, Tennessee
102 Posts

Profile of Siraldi
Lovely performance! The facial features suited him... but I try to not make people think I'm too odd. Wait... I am a magician... so re-phrasing: I try to not make people think I use cocaine. But that was a brilliant performance! Very much appreciated!
hocuspocusjay23
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of hocuspocusjay23
Great performance! I find more cool stuff on here everyday. Thanks so much for sharing.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
TOMMY CURTIN (probably retired now) was a top pro juggler and lived in your area. I haven't seen him in 15 to 20 years, (when I was on the road for National School Assemblies. He had bought a movie theater, either in Bristol or Johnson City (I've forgotten which).
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
If you have the time and inclination, contact juggling can be done in confined spaces and looks just great.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Magic and Juggling (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL