The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » TROST AND US – THE HUMAN SCALE ( My completely changed version) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

LoveKey1988
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of LoveKey1988
Some time ago I have watched a video by Aldo Colombini performing and explaining a card trick called Trost and Us. Some of you may be familiar with it, some of you may not.

Anyway, when I have watched the performance and explanation I felt that the trick had some weak points and after making several changes I have come up with a new version that I hope you will like as well.

PS: Please let me know if this card trick was also updated in other publications and if it's better than my version.

Thank You

Document is attached!

Click here to view/download attached file.
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Although you are creditting to Aldo Colombini and Nick Trost, 'Trost and Us' is Mike Rogers' variation of Nick Trost's 'Weight Guess'. The former was published in October 1971 issue of "Genii". The latter was published in February 1966 issue of "New Tops".

Tom Hubbard published his version in August/September issue of "New Tops". In Hubbard verson, you don't need to count 26 cards. It is because you let spectator cut a portion (less than 26) from the face up deck. Al thatcher has a version in which you can do the trick with face down cards from start to end.

However the the root of this trick is much older. Warren Wiersbe published 'In my Estimation' in his "Mental Cases" published in 1946. Nick Trost admits that Wiersbe version is almost same as Trost version except Wiersbe used Crimp Card insetead of Short Card (as used by Trost).

Hideo Kato
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Sorry I dropped the year Hubbard version was published. It was August/September 1979 issue of "New Tops".

Hideo Kato
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » TROST AND US – THE HUMAN SCALE ( My completely changed version) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL