The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IUnlockYourMind (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..21~22~23 [Next]
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
I've been tempted with this.
The only thing stoping me is my own hang up.

If a stranger asked me to put my pin code anywhere, whether that be in a phone or on a bit of paper, there is no way I would give them my real one.

Maybe that's just me, but is this tackled in the instructions/ routine?

It really would flag the method if a mentalist revealed the made up password I just gave them.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
You can say use someone else's date of birth instead of the pin
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
As a fraud consultant in the credit card industry it frightens me how many people put their real pins in iunlock.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
641 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Quote:
On 2014-01-25 18:23, David Klass wrote:
I've been tempted with this.
The only thing stoping me is my own hang up.

If a stranger asked me to put my pin code anywhere, whether that be in a phone or on a bit of paper, there is no way I would give them my real one.

Maybe that's just me, but is this tackled in the instructions/ routine?

It really would flag the method if a mentalist revealed the made up password I just gave them.

So don't do the pin code part. Tell them to put in "another number, like an important year in your life or something." Personally I use the effect just to unlock people's phones, and skip over the pin code almost every time.
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I remember seeing a demo for this, does anyone know if it was in this thread? I can't seem to find it. Thanks everyone.
Twitter @darjames
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1213 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Hi Jamie,

If you're on Facebook I'll let you have look around the group page for a few hrs to see if you like what you see. Maybe it will push you over the edge Smile
Or not.

Myke
X
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
That would be great Myke Smile
Twitter @darjames
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Jamie, it really is incredible. Just about the only app I really like using. Just the reaction when they manage to unlock your phone after you mentally sent them the code is worth the cost alone and if you leaveit there, you already have a great trick. However, despite it being stupid, people will more often than not give you their pin number, dob and unlock code for their phone.

personally, I don't act on this knowledge (instead I keep it for the future) unless one or both of the following happen. 1) they say something like "I bet you cannot unlock my phone" or 2)when they enter the info on your phone, they are very secretive. In my mind either of these indicates that they have nosuspicion that an app is in play.

For years, I have shoulder surfed people I know and have a healthy list of pin numbers and phone unlocks stored in notes. What I do now is pretend to be that person and enter the info in to IUYM, so now I have this ever increase database of useful info to use at a suitable time in the future.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Quote:
On 2014-01-27 07:37, Paul S Wingham wrote:
Jamie, it really is incredible. Just about the only app I really like using. Just the reaction when they manage to unlock your phone after you mentally sent them the code is worth the cost alone and if you leaveit there, you already have a great trick. However, despite it being stupid, people will more often than not give you their pin number, dob and unlock code for their phone.

This is a point that a lot of people miss. I see a lot of posts saying things like "isn't it obvious when you unlock their phone after they put their code in". The reality is that them unlocking your phone is a great effect on its own merits and can stand alone, I get fantastic reactions although one person was so shocked they droped my phone. People sell padlocks just for this effect costing over 100 dollars and you then have to justify why you are carrying a padlock around.

After they unlock your phone everything else is a bonus. As Paul says, it is not uncommon for the spectator to actually challenge you to unlock their phone. It's also not that hard to get a second spectator to open the spectators phone with a little guidance. Let's say the spectators code is 7341.

Have a second spectator hold the first spectators phone, ask the first spectator to mentally send the code to the second spectator. You say to the second spectator "I'm getting an odd number what what number are you getting (it's either going to be 7 or 3 more likely 7 if they say 3 "yes I'm getting that for the second number too, I'm sensing the first number is also odd but a few higher, what do you think? Now they should give you the seven "ok put that in, and didn't you say the second number was 3, put that in too. I'm getting an even number now, slightly higher, what are you getting?..... Four I was getting a six but lets go with yours, put a 4 in, I'm getting another low number, odd again, what are you getting? One ok try that ..... Wow that's pretty amazing, you guys have a great connection.

Haha get the number 3768 and you are golden. Have fun with it jazz it up.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1966 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Myke has a beautiful way of checking wether the unlock code is genuine before you go to unlock their phone. This allows you to test the water first!

This is honestly one of my all time favorite effects!

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Well I went for it myself. I've had a few hours to play around and I can see this being what most have said. Like any type of mentalism, it's the presentation that sells it. Looking forward to getting this out there and will post an update.

D
Twitter @darjames
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
So I've had a chance to perform this in the real world a number of times now and will say that it simply is wonderful. The key is (like most mentalisim) the showmanship to make this work. Not once have I had someone suspect an app. The look itself is exactly like my home screen, nothing funny at all. As far as the reveal of their info goes, yes it's best to wait a bit but is not necessary. At that point I'll continue my presentation, ask a few questions then say, "let me try something with my intuition.

To be honest, the reactions are huge on this, I was very skeptical even after buying this but as I said above, it's the presentation and timing that you use that make this work. It's honestly my faveourit thing to do in an impromptu setting as it's right there ready to go. Nothing odd to carry around, just your phone and their thoughts.

If I had the money, I'd go for the other version as I feel that it's worth the price. The reactions really are that strong, maybe in the future, who knows. Great work Myke, this is a winner.

D
Twitter @darjames
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of VIEW
Any news on pro?
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
What news are you after?
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Think pro version can only be used on a jail broken phone?
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Quote:
On 2014-02-09 13:30, reignofsound wrote:

No this is not the case.

Works great, and just keeps getting better.

Steve
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I believe you need something else for the pro version which makes it that much mor superior. At the moment, I can't afford both expenses but I truly believe it would be worth it.
Twitter @darjames
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Used this again today, ran into a little issue. If they have a blackberry, the passcode is longer then 4 numbers. I ended up using there pin so no worries. Anyone else run into this at any point in time?
Twitter @darjames
GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
495 Posts

Profile of GordonTheHypnotist
Alright I just went back and read this entire thread. Some of it is downright hilarious. I understand that there was a non apple version of this for $300 that has become the "pro" version. And now there is a apple approved version for $75. Can someone please give me specifics to what the differences are? Actually if someone can PM me the specifics I really want to consider which one that I want. I have been an Android phone user but have recently bought an Ipad and I use it for a great deal of my show in different capacities.

Many thanks in advance

Gordon
Gullibility is an attractive quality in people
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On 2014-02-09 13:54, Stephen Young wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-09 13:30, reignofsound wrote:

No this is not the case.

Works great, and just keeps getting better.

Steve

So the pro version is on the App Store?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IUnlockYourMind (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..21~22~23 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL