The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Super contest!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Dear members, right now I'm finishing my new Tenyo video (I'm very exited because my last Tenyo video was made in June/2011!!!)....the trick on the video is one that is not mentioned so often as a favourite by the members because is a little bit underestimated in my opinion......but for me it has been always a "special" one......not sure why....I just think that the props and method are interesting and unique and deserves more attention.....

Anyway I made some little changes in the props and also found a different way to perform it resulting all this in a much more mistifying routine (I hope).......soon I will upload the video.....

The thing is that a member here suggest me the idea of a contest....and I think that it's a cool and fun idea......so here it goes:

For the first member to guess the Tenyo trick of my next video I will send a Lady to Lion Illusion with the super magical and mysterious four dimensional window manufactured by myself specially for this trick (sorry for my craftman skills Smile ).....here you can see what I'm talking about:

http://youtu.be/EZakwm6oesc

I know that it's a modest prize......but is a good excuse to have some fun with this contest....

I will give you just 3 hints one right now, second one tonight and the last one tomorrow......I you feel that you know the answer you can post it right now without the need to wait for the next hint.......but.....only one post per member.

OK this is the first hint:

1.- The Tenyo prop consist of 4 parts that can be inspected before and after the trick without any swith.

Good luck!!!
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Great idea Roberto! Your trick looks great by the way Smile

How many guesses do we get? I believe one each and if it is wrong we're out?
Can we ask questions? (I guess not Smile )

Looking forward to your new Tenyo video ... a SHAME you haven't been performing/uploading Tenyo-tricks for so long! Smile
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I hesitate between 4 ... Not easy... The one I think is NEVER mentionned as favorite so I think it's not this one but I think it's ,maybe, an understimated trick ...
The second one I think is very classic trick, very plastic props, so I don't know if you can have a real "Love" for this props.
If it's the third so... for sure I never like this one, and lot of magician like it. But make changes in the routine and props don't look easy.
The last one is the most modern one, but like the 3rd not sure about modification.

I will wait the second Hint...
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Smile
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Maybe I don't understand in fact. You have created The mysterious four dimensional window for your new Tenyo Video ??
ChasVH
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of ChasVH
Love it Roberto! Both your idea and your recent video. I have to say for what appears to be 2 pieces of cardboard , I for the life of me can't figure out how that girl changes to a lion. Might have to do with Camera angle because I can't see the sides really to see if you are doing anything with your hands, which I don't think you are...anyway I love it and would love to have one. As far as a guess I have @ a 1 in 250 chance. I will have to think about it and wait maybe for a hint of sorts like the others.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Great video as always.

The artwork on the trick looks like the flat cardboard Floating Lady. I wonder if it is the same manufacturer.

I am stumped. I have a guess but my choice would not make a great video so I am probably wrong.

What would we do without Stereo's site? I used it every day at least a couple of times and it makes it easier to try and find the answer to this contest.

<Richard, please insert standing ovation for MP and Stereo>
ChasVH
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of ChasVH
You are correct John, without Stereo's fantastic website database of Tenyo, that I refer to all he time for a review or to get T numbers etc and Robero's wonderful YouTube site with all his demos of all the kinds of effects I like including Tenyo...They both have saved me lots of time finding information about effects I want to acquire... Bravo guy's.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Yes and for sure both Davy and Roberto have done a great deal to grow interest in Tenyo.

I discovered Tenyo just under 10 years ago and used Angelo's site (http://www.tenyoworld.co.uk) for information that help me buy about 40 Tenyo magic tricks at that time.

Then under a year ago, I saw and auction on ebay for a lot of Tenyo and discovered Davy's site to find out more about the tricks in the lot that I did not know about. That was Hundreds of Tenyo's and Thousands of Dollars ago.

It is a crying shame that Stereo and his site and Roberto and his videos have not been recognized by Tenyo.

Every year Tenyo sends out a free set of the new Tenyo to dealers and others in the magic community.

Stereo and Roberto should be the first ones to get that shipment so they can get the information out to all of us.

Roberto can make quality videos of these new tricks like no one else can and Stereo can present this information in a clear concise manner on his site.

Maybe someone out there with connections to Tenyo (Richard, Angelo, Hitomi, ???) can suggest to Tenyo that it would be a great and prudent idea to put these two Tenyo advocates on their list.

Just my opinion.

John

<Richard, we need some graphics of a "crying shame"> Sorry to back you up but your funny additions are hilarious!!!
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Is that Richard Kaufman at the Genii Convention?
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Well, that was your funniest post for a while, Mazza! Smile
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
It's past midnight in Canada. What time is it in Chile, Roberto?
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
I broke my "Black hole" in 4 examinable pieces to make it work... Does it count?
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-10-06 11:42, Killertweety wrote:
Great idea Roberto! Your trick looks great by the way Smile

How many guesses do we get? I believe one each and if it is wrong we're out?
Can we ask questions? (I guess not Smile )

Looking forward to your new Tenyo video ... a SHAME you haven't been performing/uploading Tenyo-tricks for so long! Smile

lol....yes it's true...long time without Tenyo videos...

It's only one guess because is the most fair way that I thought that this could be made.....
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-10-06 14:56, stereo wrote:
Maybe I don't understand in fact. You have created The mysterious four dimensional window for your new Tenyo Video ??

Sorry if there is some misunderstanding.....let me clarify:

_ I didn't manufactured/invented the Lady to Lion Illusion......as it's stated in the video description is is a cardboard trick from the India.
_ I just manufactuted the red/silver round window.....that is a tool to perform the Lady to Lion trick in my way instead of the intruction routine.
_ The window is part of the prize together with the Lion to Lady trick....and is not used in the performance of the upcoming Tenyo video.

Cheers
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-10-07 00:13, simcoscor wrote:
I broke my "Black hole" in 4 examinable pieces to make it work... Does it count?

Definitive answer???....lol
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-10-06 17:37, John Mazza wrote:
Yes and for sure both Davy and Roberto have done a great deal to grow interest in Tenyo.

I discovered Tenyo just under 10 years ago and used Angelo's site (http://www.tenyoworld.co.uk) for information that help me buy about 40 Tenyo magic tricks at that time.

Then under a year ago, I saw and auction on ebay for a lot of Tenyo and discovered Davy's site to find out more about the tricks in the lot that I did not know about. That was Hundreds of Tenyo's and Thousands of Dollars ago.

It is a crying shame that Stereo and his site and Roberto and his videos have not been recognized by Tenyo.

Every year Tenyo sends out a free set of the new Tenyo to dealers and others in the magic community.

Stereo and Roberto should be the first ones to get that shipment so they can get the information out to all of us.

Roberto can make quality videos of these new tricks like no one else can and Stereo can present this information in a clear concise manner on his site.

Maybe someone out there with connections to Tenyo (Richard, Angelo, Hitomi, ???) can suggest to Tenyo that it would be a great and prudent idea to put these two Tenyo advocates on their list.

Just my opinion.

John

<Richard, we need some graphics of a "crying shame"> Sorry to back you up but your funny additions are hilarious!!!

If this is the case John...you should be part of the development department with all your ingenious ideas and variations for the routines.
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-10-06 16:28, ChasVH wrote:
You are correct John, without Stereo's fantastic website database of Tenyo, that I refer to all he time for a review or to get T numbers etc and Robero's wonderful YouTube site with all his demos of all the kinds of effects I like including Tenyo...They both have saved me lots of time finding information about effects I want to acquire... Bravo guy's.

We share the same taste regarding magical apparatus in general ChasVH.......I'll keep waiting your next PM with your new findings!!
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

OK here is the second hint (tomorrow about mid day will post the third one):

2.- One part is metallic....and the other three parts are plastic....one plastic part goes inside the other.....and this two together goes inside the third one....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Super contest!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL