The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Sybil Cuts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dbzkid999
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
407 Posts

Profile of Dbzkid999
I've seen these cuts and they look amzing with all the turning and twirling and stuff.

Do anyone know where I can learn these cuts?

Thnx
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
http://www.expertmagic.com

or try to find chris kenner's totally out of control book
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Brian Tudor specializes in these type of cuts, and has three videos just on this type of card work: Show Off (hard to find these days), Show Off II and Generation X.

These tapes are great for adding juggling to your act. It demonstrates the skill you have with cards to your audience.
Lonnie Dilan
View Profile
Special user
Canyon Country, California
823 Posts

Profile of Lonnie Dilan
You might want to check out the new dvd that De'vo is going to release in a little while.

http://www.handlordz.com
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
I agree! De'vo's Cradle to Grave Project is supposed to have the BEST sybil concept around! Can't wait for this one!
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Capcuts4 is the best DVD to start w/ sybil cuts. He's a very good teacher. Check it out.
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
I have to disagree! Chris Kenner/Troy Hoosier are the ones that started it all. I'd go for them, and then the Tudor vids...

Caps IMO were horrible!
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
They weren't that bad. The thing I have against Tudor, is that I have Gen X and I can say 100% that it is the worst teaching video I own. I'm never buying a tudor product again.
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
On the contrary, I think Gen X had some very good things on it. I agree, however, that the teaching was aweful. What happened to his voice?
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
I hated the mono-tone "right finger touches left corner deck, pinky moves upperdeck" Sounds like a robot. And in the beginning and from time to time, it pops, cracks, and is not even in synch with the action. It is the worst ever!

Your right that there are some decent moves, mainly the flourishes, but if you can't learn them, then what's the point?

The magic stuff was just horrible though.lol.

Getting back to sybils, anyone know what De'vo's new sybil concept is?
dai_vernon
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of dai_vernon
Quote:
anyone know what De'vo's new sybil concept is?

When it comes out, Buy it, then find out!!!
rlk7
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of rlk7
A good idea might be to go to http://www.expertmagic.com like david_a_whitehead said and learn the cut they offer there for free on quicktime. It is called BRS or Blind rotational Sybil. If you find that you like that one then maybe you want to invest in a DVD or book teaching more sybils. If you decide that you don't like it and its not for you, then your not out of luck or money. Just a suggestion. Smile Here is the link. Click and scroll down. http://www.expertmagic.com/html/store/c4......or-49575 Enjoy! Smile
Decker
View Profile
Loyal user
Hades
211 Posts

Profile of Decker
Quote:
On 2003-11-02 04:04, phantomace wrote:
I have to disagree! Chris Kenner/Troy Hoosier are the ones that started it all. I'd go for them, and then the Tudor vids...

Caps IMO were horrible!

You know I have seen alot of people do sybil style cuts, but I have never actually seen it done the way I read it in Kenner's book. I have never really been into it, but I thought it would be nice to at least see how its supposed to look... but everyone has some variation. Hmmm I might just learn 5 Faces of Sybil exactly as it is in the book and be a RADICAL!
"He had alot to say... He had alot of nothing to say..." --MJK
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
I got some inside info on De'vo's sybil concept. It uses the -edited... this info was not supposed to be released- Can't wait to see it! It should be out in a matter of weeks.
Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Sybil Cuts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL