The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Count. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic8161
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of magic8161
In the beginning of this trick he does a count. what is that called? I would like to learn this. I can do the Emsley count on the second and third part but iam not sure about the opening part. Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_d-e_3SoGE
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Finally reached my goal of
1878 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Opening is an elmsley
www.shadowpest.wordpress.com <~~my cancer story

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live

Smile Smile
magic8161
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of magic8161
Really? It looks different form the other two. I cant seem to crasp that one.
AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
magic8161
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of magic8161
Thanks Adam. Just ordered Advanced Card Control Series by Allan Ackerman #7 hope this helps.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
1412 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
That's not an Elmsley at the beginning of NFW. I don't know the specific name but it is a 2 for 4 count.
Magic Mike
<BR>MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
357 Posts

Profile of magicelam
I think I learned it in Counts, Cuts, Moves and Subtlety... I could be wrong. Either way that book is awesome and you should buy it. It's usually like $10.
Mike
FightOnRon
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of FightOnRon
All Elmsley (I just learned the trick) and the book mentioned by MAGICELAM is really good and yo can find it cheap on Amazon.
konjurer
View Profile
Veteran user
Iowa
373 Posts

Profile of konjurer
It looks like a Vesser Count (which is an Elmsly Count from the Biddle grip). This guy in the video probably uses the Biddle grip due to the nature of the gimmick employed. It is taught in the Mentzer book, Counts, Cuts, Moves and Subtlety as well as many other places.
===========================================
Clever stuff goes here!
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
357 Posts

Profile of magicelam
I don't think it's vesser... because Vesser still shows the faces of three as four. I'm pretty sure he's only showing two jokers as four in this count.
Mike
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
357 Posts

Profile of magicelam
I don't know the name of the count, but if you'll pm me I'll explain how to do it. I know it's in the instructions, or at least when I got NFW back in the day it was, as an optional beginning. I never found it was needed. I always did an elmsley and one appeared to be face down. and I just said one of his friends wants to join him... that was #2, and then follow suit with three and four.
Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Count. (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.108918 seconds, requiring 42 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [1] [7] [3] [1] [2] [1] [0] [2]