The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dan Harlan – Does it again “Ritual” (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
What can I say but AWESOME.. Dan has taken a very old classic puzzle and made into more than just a puzzle but a piece of in your face magic. When Dan first showed me this, I though ok I know where this is going, but NOPE, NO SIR, NO WAY SKIPPY… Knowing the classic way to perform this trick, I thought I had him but I was soooooo wrong and a smile went over my face the moment he simply pulled the three beads up and down on the string and then simply melted them right off.
He has modernized this classic and cleaned up it with a new and improve handling, method and the necklace itself is something you can and will wear.
What I like best about it is that I am always looking for organic magic that does not look or feel like magic and then it hits a home run. With Dan’s Ritual Necklace you can wear it as an everyday necklace and transform it into a piece of mind blowing magic, or if you’re like me a deeper mind bending experience.
For those of you who know this classic you will be pleasantly surprised at how clean it now is, right in the spectators hands. I love it!!
Thank you Dan Harlan,, this one ticks all the boxes.
Check out the video for yourself.
http://www.danharlanmagic.com/Ritual-Ritual.htm
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I love Dan's stuff. He operates on the left side of weird, which is the right side to be in.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Someone needs to do a compendium of Granny renditions. This one looks to be a very nice one. The price is right.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
774 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
Nice...adding this to my list...
J Rodriguez
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I'll probably buy this just on confidence in Dan's products... but certainly not based on that demo video! That was painful Dan!

Also, after all the weeping and gnashing of teeth over another recent version of Grandma's Necklace, this one is a welcome relief.

Does anyone have this yet? If so, can you say what size the necklace is overall? (Unclasped overall length). I have a deceptively thick neck and had to buy a pretty long chain to be comfortable and look nice around it!

Thanks!

Jim
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
774 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
You make a good point there Jim...i would like to know the size of the necklace aswell or if I can just add the beads to a longer string/necklace....
J Rodriguez
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
I am a large man, 6' 3 235 pounds with a large neck. The necklace hangs down on my neck and looks normal on me, not tight at all. If you look at the video the last clip is Dan wearing it. However if you need a custom size I would contact Dan, he makes these by hand and I am sure he could answer your question.
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Dan's my favorite magician, I can't wait to get this.
P3
practice practice perform.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
My order is in. I should have this by Saturday (hopefully)! I'll post as soon as I get it. But I must say I liked the looks of the necklace. This looks really clean. Nana's Necklace goes over pretty good with spectators but I like how the spec can hold the necklace vertically while your essentially strip the beads off! Sweet!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
998 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
J-Mac--
Really? You didn't like the demo video? Please let me know why and I will try to improve what I do in the future.

BTW, the length of the cords is 27" clasp-to-clasp, so they should work fine for just about everybody. Let me know if you have any other questions.
--Dan Harlan
Visit My Site @

www.themystictower.com
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
This looks really good! The price point awesome! I'll be ordering this next week for sure! I'll post a review after I've worked it. Even film a video of me doing live so you can all see the reactions.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
I do Dan- Is mine shipped???? LOL

RNK
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
Oh few suggestion in the video...for me it was to long and a lot of fluff...half performances, showing spectators reaction with out showing the full routine first... If the demo would have just been the full end performance with the women and then a few other clips of reaction I think would have been suited better. That just my opinion though.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-10-25 08:29, ted french wrote:
Dan's my favorite magician, I can't wait to get this.

Dan has that affect on people. Brilliant creator, charismatic performer, great teacher. I went to a Harlan lecture when he first came out with Hovercard ( Dan was making them up in his hotel room ). He lit up the lecture hall with his energy and passion.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Just downloaded and watched the instructional video for this. As always, Dan lays out the workings of "Ritual" in a very easy, understandable and fun manner. Everything you need to know Dan goes over. Dan gives you two methods to do the trick. One method uses all three beads and the other method uses two beads. I think both methods are simply beautiful. Both are super easy to set up and both are super visual. What I like most is there is really nothing to hide. Well, there is one "move" (if you want to call it that, it's not even a move) before you slide the beads right through the necklace! Anybody will be able to do this- I mean anybody! Another feature I love about this is there is NOTHING to hide or worry about. Even before you are in "ready" position to slide the beads there is really nothing to worry about. Those who have Nana'a Necklace know what can happen before the rope penetrates through the beads and worse when you are threading the beads. It looks like I will be retiring my Nana's Beads for "RITUAL"! Guys and girls, if you like what you see- buy it! I mean for $19.95- another no-brainer. Though, I will say I have not received the props. The props are of coarse mailed but Dan sends you the tutorial video in advance. Honestly, I am really excited to get the necklace now- I can't wait to perform this. I truly think this will be a big WOW moment for the specs! Oh yea, this can be done completely surrounded and naked if you are into that sort of thing!

RNK

PS- Dan, you really are on fire lately and pricing things just right for this tough economy. Thank you!!
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
I think it's cool, and I'm a fan of everything Harlan. I just can't see myself wearing that thing.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2012-10-25 15:33, writeall wrote:
I think it's cool, and I'm a fan of everything Harlan. I just can't see myself wearing that thing.

I thought that too at first, but as I kept looking at it on Dan in the instructional video it kind of grew on me. I guess you could say it's "HIP"...lol

RNK
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Brother Harlan is one of the hippest cats in magic.
You can bet, anything that he performs or markets meets the "magic that doesn't suck" litmus test!

Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
998 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
You asked for it, Here it is!
Based on all the feedback I've received about the Promo Vid, I've put up a raw version of the performance.
Strong language content, so be advised.

Ritual Raw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxwIarJe1gM

--Dan Harlan
Visit My Site @

www.themystictower.com
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Wow that is raw. When I click the link I just see what looks like computer code. I'll try again later.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dan Harlan – Does it again “Ritual” (20 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL