The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Update on Tony Miller and The Shiva Wallet! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Good morning folks! I spoke with Tony yesterday evening. He told me to make sure to tell you all he is doing fine. He is still on the meds to help his heart beat at the right rhythm. In two weeks he goes back to the doctors to see if he can go off the meds and hope his heart beats at the right rhythm and/or to shock the heart to get it to beat correctly. Of coarse your continued thoughts and prayers are important! Now onto Tony's latest creation -->

The Shiva Wallet! I don't know how many of these Tony has made in advance but I bought one some months ago before his "storm" hit! This is another beautifully crafted black leather wallet. It's thin and looks like a hip wallet that will fit nicely in any pocket. It's a double side bill-fold that has the capability to use as an 8 out wallet! That's right folks- an EIGHT OUT wallet with no switching or adding whatsoever! As for the John Archer routine "Off by One"- well now you don't have to be off by one! I can't say enough about how awesome this is made. In the beginning of your routine you can take out the wallet and open the bill-fold to show you have ONE card (or whatever you prefer-billet,etc..) in the wallet. This part looks so innocent, clean and normal you wallet freaks are going to go nuts! Tony's craftmanship makes this wallet so DEVIOUS you won't believe it.

As I stated earlier- I am not sure about the status of availability. I believe he has some made up but is not currently working (aggressively) on more. The price is $150.00 and is WELL worth it! This is a Mentalists dream come true. I know Tony told me Richard Osterlind reviewed it and loved it! Need I say more. If you have any questions about the wallet you can PM me or goto Tony's site (RFA Productions) and contact him through the site or PM him here. If this is something are are intereseted in then don't waste anytime because as I said- I am sure there is limited availability right now.

Best,
RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Thanks RNK.

All our best to Tony!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Just wanted to touch base and share the feedback I am getting from using this. Right now- I use this wallet in the following way:

You ask the spectator to imagine flipping a coin and what side lands up- heads or tails? They say heads- you open the wallet and inside is a post it note with two columns- one with Heads at the top and one with Tails at the top. Underneath the column headings is Red under the Heads column and Black under the Tails column. You say, "Fine- that was a free randon choice, correct?" They reply, yes. "In this case you said Heads which is Red." So then you go into the rest of the choices, "in cards you have Red and Black, but you chose Red- so with Red you have Hearts and Diamonds". You basically have the spec make choices (magicians choice) to narrow down to a Red suit. Say it Hearts, from here you have them narrow down to Spot or Court cards (magicians choice to spot cards). You say, "I want you to imagine we take the spot cards and spread them out on the table in front of us. I want you to imagine you laid your hand on one of the spot cards. Which card did you lay your hand over?" They reply, "The 3." Next is the killer part- you open your wallet and show CLEANLY in the wallet that there is ONLY ONE CARD. You have THE SPECTATOR remove the card and show that it is the 3 of hearts. The spec can clearly see there is no other card in the wallet!

I can't tell you how strong this is. I have had spectators scream, curse, faces turn beat red and sometimes just sit there in astonishment when they take out the card and it's the card THEY freely chose! I feel this is the tip of the iceberg with what you can achieve with the Shiva Wallet. What a great tool!

RNK
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I corresponded with Tony and ended up purchasing a Shiva Wallet from him. It sounded like there were only a few left; he mentioned that he had 11 left when I ordered mine.

If you are comfortable with Tony's wallets then feel free to order one while they last! It is extremely well-made and looks as if it would survive a direct hit with just about anything thrown at it! Multiple outs -at least eight of them; more if you use some compartments for outs! Also can be used as a pure switching wallet. It is as good as any Tony has made.

Like I said, if you are usually appreciative of Tony's magic wallets, then you will not be disappointed with the Shiva Wallet!

Jim

PS - I purchased my Shiva based purely on RNK's post above and my experiences with Tony's wallets in the past. I pad full price and I was not asked to post a review. Just making my purpose clear. Thanks!
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
I can't see this on his web site at all

Guess they must have all been sold !
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
JackMagic,

I don't see it there either. If you contact Tony he can definitely let you know if he has any more.

editor@rfaproductions.com

Jim
TomTheProfessional
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of TomTheProfessional
Can you please put a link to the site showing this wallet?
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-03-09 16:45, TomTheProfessional wrote:
Can you please put a link to the site showing this wallet?

Penguin has the Shiva:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S15248
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Get them while you can, I sold them all my stock as I have some enormous hospital bills. And there wont be anymore...
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
eb02
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of eb02
I saw the the you tube demo of the Shiva wallet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACLvpu2Z8Jc and saw John Archer demo of the "off by one" and I think the 4 way wallet is much more convincing than the Shiva wallet, even though it has more exits.
Any one know where can I get the Miller's 4 way wallet?

Thanks,
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On 2013-04-15 08:49, eb02 wrote:
I saw the the you tube demo of the Shiva wallet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACLvpu2Z8Jc and saw John Archer demo of the "off by one" and I think the 4 way wallet is much more convincing than the Shiva wallet, even though it has more exits.

Looks pretty good to me.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
eb02
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of eb02
I don't like that you need to open the wallet to show that it is empty.
In the 4 way wallet, when you open it, you see one card only, no need to show anything else.
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Well, it IS meant to be a billfold. And that IS how you would show a billfold empty...
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

www.rfaproductions.com
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-04-16 05:16, eb02 wrote:
I don't like that you need to open the wallet to show that it is empty.
In the 4 way wallet, when you open it, you see one card only, no need to show anything else.

You can absolutely show that there is only one card in the wallet before you do anything.

RNK
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I confirm, I can show there is only one card in the Shiva... even though there are really more.

Jim
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
And the best part is it looks like a normal everyday hip wallet more so than Millers wallet.
mortep00
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of mortep00
I just recently picked this up. My first reaction was 'where are the credit card slots?' There aren't any! Having played with this for a bit, I do like it. But, because of the lack of credit card slots, I think you'll appreciate this a lot more if you regard this as a notepad with a prediction inside rather than an everyday wallet.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On 2013-12-22 02:49, mortep00 wrote:
I just recently picked this up. My first reaction was 'where are the credit card slots?' There aren't any! Having played with this for a bit, I do like it. But, because of the lack of credit card slots, I think you'll appreciate this a lot more if you regard this as a notepad with a prediction inside rather than an everyday wallet.

Sorry about the lack of credit card slots. I did not include them as I wanted to keep it as thin as possible. As far as functioning goes, I believe I scored a bullseye. 8 outs and a 2 way switch. And unlike most himber/z-fold wallets, The Shiva does NOT look like a prop. But I am glad you liked it! I sold out of my whole production run of it at MindVention in November. The most common comment was " It doesn't look like a prop, I cant believe it has 8 outs!"

It is currently out of stock. But as I make them, I am making more for MagiFest. I will have about 12 to 15 done by then. This is the toughest to make wallet I have. I cant sew it myself which if you have it you will understand why. I do the punching of the leather and the inserts. But I have to have the actual sewing done in Mexico by a company that does marine upholstery.

See you at MagiFest!

Tony & Rosie

www.rfaproductions.com
mortep00
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of mortep00
Hi Tony. No, it definitely doesn't look like a prop! The way you have achieved 8 outs is very nice indeed, and each to his own as to whether it's presented as a wallet or a notepad. It's a very nice addition to the arsenal regardless of the lack of credit card slots. I certainly understand your reasoning for not including them.
Perhaps if you did decide to include them in the future it might retain the desired flatness if holding some thin business cards?
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On 2013-12-22 10:37, mortep00 wrote:
Hi Tony. No, it definitely doesn't look like a prop! The way you have achieved 8 outs is very nice indeed, and each to his own as to whether it's presented as a wallet or a notepad. It's a very nice addition to the arsenal regardless of the lack of credit card slots. I certainly understand your reasoning for not including them.
Perhaps if you did decide to include them in the future it might retain the desired flatness if holding some thin business cards?

In the early prototypes I included credit card slots... 3 to be precise... And sure enough people costanza'ed the wallet. If that means anything. I have also had people suggest it be made with brass corners. In Brown Leather. With a pen holder? and several other ideas. Sometimes my labrats get a little crazy...

Tony & Rosie

www.rfaproductions.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Update on Tony Miller and The Shiva Wallet! (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL